[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Pavo @REKTIMU2 Nobody knows what precisely breaks installer. Kexts do not inject, yes, but we do not know whether they need to for all systens. First stage installer does not need DSMOS, that's confirmed.

I appreciate the clarification, clearly I'm no expert however, it is clear both of these install logs indicate the use of VirtualBox and VMware.

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Pavo @REKTIMU2 Nobody knows what precisely breaks installer. Kexts do not inject, yes, but we do not know whether they need to for all systens. First stage installer does not need DSMOS, that's confirmed.

I noticed on the installer it gives out some SIGABRT issue that loops over and over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MacPato said:

I noticed on the installer it gives out some SIGABRT issue that loops over and over.

Yes, that's correct. Endless loop. 

Any idea what's the error about?

• Like 1

Good people please help me here, as I always get this error in the attachment when trying voodoops2controller and its plug-ins. I wonder which kext needs fixing. 

IMG_20200629_223146.jpg

Just now, MacPato said:

Have no clue, and it's driving me mad, along with everyone else I should imagine

Hmm. Also, i noticed one thing. Two scenarios. 

1. On VM, internet is available and the installation can continue.

2. On VMware, no internet is available and after erasing the drive, it says, this installer file is damaged.

In scenario one, after checking the logs, i came to know that the installer is establishing some connection to the internet and downloading something for sure. 

10 minutes ago, REKTIMU2 said:

I appreciate the clarification, clearly I'm no expert however, it is clear both of these install logs indicate the use of VirtualBox and VMware.

@REKTIMU2 what would you say based on the logs if there was no VirtualBox or VMWare in it? Just as a thought process. Would like to hear your opinion on that.

1 minute ago, hellojuliomoreira said:

@REKTIMU2 what would you say based on the logs if there was no VirtualBox or VMWare in it? Just as a thought process. Would like to hear your opinion on that.

if you did a full disk wipe and installed and the logs had no evidence of VM and no gaps in timestamps, I'd concede it's possible and magical.

• Like 1

@Djlild7hina

One great news - yes, with your EFI I finally jump over "PCI Configuration end". And one big bad news - many errors, warnings, crashes on next stage of boot process, spetially when run installer from flash drive (are the same as other users do report in this topic).
Well, will wait for news from developers...
Thank you again.  

Edited by yapan4

why the battery indicator not work? On catalina I use DSDT patch + SMCBatteryManager (with VirtualSMC), and it works perfectly, but in Big Sur, the same configuration, does not recognize the battery. Solutions? Thank you

2 hours ago, hellojuliomoreira said:

You are literally using the existing apfs firmlink in filesystem from Catalina. However that's not possible on a clear installation to a blank partition/volume.

And I also suppose that you can't open Safari by just clicking the icon since that's not migrated automatically. If you run diskutil apfs list, there's also no "sealed: yes" for system volume, which should exist with VM/real Mac installation.

Meanwhile, don't over exaggerate and a lot of people have already succedded in this kind of "update" way, which may break in further updates. The real native solution hasn't arrived yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Takiller said:

Good people please help me here, as I always get this error in the attachment when trying voodoops2controller and its plug-ins. I wonder which kext needs fixing. 

Not being funny but Get yourself a USB keyboard mate. It’s 2020 

• Haha 1

Ok done Fresh Install Create Install Media from My Mac Book Pro

All work only My Atheros TP-Link N900 I will fix tonight

Bleuthhot Integrate from my HP ProDesk 600 G1 woks as native My HD 4600 is recognize as Intel Iris Pro :D

EDIT **

the bluethoot is not native is that the icon was on the bar after the instal on my Mac Book Pro and when I put it in my PC I saw the icon and I thought who it was native because my magic Mousse was indicating

406279200_Capturedcranle2020-06-2920_28_37.thumb.png.39dbfa5b33b4be8c52f59b001da8d012.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, REKTIMU2 said:

ah, you're injecting it tho, I've never had to do that

I didn't even know I didn't need it before. I migrated from Clover recently. Before, I only generated through Clover Configurator.