[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.4

gengik84

243 posts in this topic

A caution to those who use Safari.  I tried uninstalling an adblocker in order to try using a new one.  With Safari 13.1, I could not get the new adblocker extension to load and could not restore the old one I had been using.  I ended up having to use a Time Machine snapshot to restore my system to an earlier time.  It appears that this beta makes it harder than ever to use extensions with Safari, even ones in Apple's App Store.

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

A caution to those who use Safari.  I tried uninstalling an adblocker in order to try using a new one.  With Safari 13.1, I could not get the new adblocker extension to load and could not restore the old one I had been using.  I ended up having to use a Time Machine snapshot to restore my system to an earlier time.  It appears that this beta makes it harder than ever to use extensions with Safari, even ones in Apple's App Store.

That's why I use Firefox...  I use Safari as a backup, though...

NOTE:  IF using 'DuckDuckGo' as a Search Engine for both Firefox AND Safari

that I've found certain Search Queries DON'T respond well...  Safari reacts worse

with DuckDuckGo than Firefox.

Still, I prefer DuckDuckGo to Google, Bing, or Yahoo...

TimeLord04

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:30 PM, mnfesq said:

Have you tried a reboot? It seemed to do the trick with the latest beta, as I faced the same issue.

1 hour ago, WizeMan said:

Have you tried a reboot? It seemed to do the trick with the latest beta, as I faced the same issue.

I did reboot, thank you.  Maybe I should be more specific.  When I downloaded the adblocker apps (I tried more than one) they would appear in the extensions tab of Safari preferences but they were unchecked.  When I tried to check the boxes to load the extensions, Safari would not allow the boxes to stay checked.  Thus, the extensions were present in preferences but did not load into Safari or provide the function for which they were installed.

12 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I did reboot, thank you.  Maybe I should be more specific.  When I downloaded the adblocker apps (I tried more than one) they would appear in the extensions tab of Safari preferences but they were unchecked.  When I tried to check the boxes to load the extensions, Safari would not allow the boxes to stay checked.  Thus, the extensions were present in preferences but did not load into Safari or provide the function for which they were installed.

I have the same problem with my Unsupported iMac 9,1. Also not just Adblock all extensions cant be activated. But on Hackintosh everything working without any problem. I am just waiting for the next official release cause I am not using Beta. So far I can't find any solution for that. Reset Safari, delete extensions plist form the safari folder, delete safari cache, open unsupported extension settings from developer menu etc. none of them worked.

7 hours ago, mnfesq said:

That's what I faced as well. With the difference that I already had Wipr and Enpass installed before upgrading to 10.15.4 b2. First time I booted after the upgrade, Wipr and Enpass were unchecked. Tried checking with no effect. so what I did was Reboot, then check again on Safari, problem fixed, I could enable them.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, TimeLord04 said:

Still, I prefer DuckDuckGo to Google, Bing, or Yahoo...

You are aware that DDG pulls from Bing and Yahoo! right? They just anonymize the results but you're essentially using Bing/Yahoo! just without the tracking.

2 hours ago, Tiem said:

You are aware that DDG pulls from Bing and Yahoo! right? They just anonymize the results but you're essentially using Bing/Yahoo! just without the tracking.

Nope, didn't know this.  However; just set up Cloudflare on Firefox, and OpenDNS on the MacOS DNS Settings.

I like locking down what I can....  ;)  :thumbsup_anim:

TimeLord04

3 hours ago, norton287 said:

My problem is that it downloads and then reboots to apple logo then restarts.  But upon loading clover there is no Install macOS entry at all.  Tried twice now.

Any ideas?

only workaround ive found is rolling back to Catalina, and then updating to the latest beta

2 hours ago, norton287 said:

Will give that a try today, thank you very much

good luck, I just had to do it again last night to use beta 3. it works, but its a pain. I hope its not a sign of things to come. Every other update has worked flawlessly.