[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.4

gengik84

243 posts in this topic

For AMD Users, replace kernel patch 13 algrey - cpuid_set_cpufamily - force CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN

Find:     31DB803D 00000000 067500
Mask:     FFFFFFFF 000000FF FFFF00
Replace:  BBBC4FEA 78E95D00 000090

Based on what I read here about 19E264b breaking kext injection, I installed my essential kexts (VirtualSMC, Lilu, WEG, VoodooPS2, and VoodooInput) to LE before running the update.  I don't know if that made any difference but the update ran smoothly and without error.  Once the update was completed and I logged in to my desktop, I deleted the kexts from LE and rebooted without problem.  I wish I knew for certain whether this process made the update as smooth as it was.

10 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Based on what I read here about 19E264b breaking kext injection

It's not breaking the Kext injection. Issue is something else.

1 minute ago, MorenoAv said:

I can't update gave me an prohibited sign... 

Try verbose to see where it's stuck.

Hi @CMMChris,

Some strange things happens sometimes, as you can see I have an update and the first time I tried to install the update it gave me an prohibited sign, after my last post I tried 3 times and the update banished... the system tell me that I have an update after the first reboot the update is gone... weird very weird...

Captura de ecrã 2020-03-18, às 21.10.17.png

I have now built an OpenCore config for my machine and I get exactly the same result as with Clover. Looks like this is definitely not a bootloader issue but rather some issue with the kernel itself. Would be interesting to know if some real Macs are affected as well. I have now tested on my Retina MBP Mid 2014 and a late 2012 27" iMac - no issues there.

• Like 1

I have now built an OpenCore config for my machine and I get exactly the same result as with Clover. Looks like this is definitely not a bootloader issue but rather some issue with the kernel itself. Would be interesting to know if some real Macs are affected as well. I have now tested on my Retina MBP Mid 2014 and a late 2012 27" iMac - no issues there.
what is your hackintosh? desktop?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hi guys,

at first try I got stuck at boot and I wasn't even able to toot back into Mojave because I used the same EFI Partition for both OSes so after rebooting several times with -x and -s flags (see the update) I was able to boot back into macOS Mojave and then I rebooted with OpenCore from another portion which Catalina was installed and é Viola!

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 3.44.23 PM.png

Now I'm trying to install it on my old IvyBridge and see if the same thing happens.

Update:

Sadly Clover is a no go :(

But I have found the way out of the situation which i wasn't able to boot into macOS Mojave

I boot from Clover and on the target volume I press the space bar and select -v and then scrolled up to the option which says "Boot macOS with injected kexts" and then the boot process starts.

I hope you find it useful if you got stuck in the same situation as I did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Sherlocks

Update went smoothly on my IvyBridge without any issues, but on my SkyLake I can't boot into macOS Catalina and the I try to boot into Catalina I can'r boot back into macOS Mojave

SkyLake Clover 5103 and 5105

IvyBridge Clover 5096

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.35.00 PM.png

• Like 1

Hi

I downloaded the last update Catalina on a external usb HD that works with the clover named here as  “bad clover”..on a z370 with a rx560, after the download

at restart I got the line with “plus”sign line and did not boot…tried 2 times….

As it is on a external HD I connected it on a z390 with an rx 580 with an clover named here as  “good clover..then it finished the update install..rebooted and run

Then I put the external HD back on the z370 with the “bad clover” and even installed on it ,and booting and running from the “good clover”, it did not boot with the “bad clover”..and got the same line with the “plus” sign

As I’m just a lucky curious  M.D. I put both clovers here to be analyzed by you guys..

good clover.zip

bad clover 2.zip

thank you

c.frio

• Thanks 1