[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.4

gengik84

243 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, WarDoc said:

Been a long while but seems hd4600 no longer works I tried everything 

Is HD4600 a mobile IGPU as my HD4000 (Hardware in Sig.) still seems to be working ok (I am pretty sure you know more about all this than me though!)?

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Is HD4600 a mobile IGPU as my HD4000 (Hardware in Sig.) still seems to be working ok (I am pretty sure you know more about all this than me though!)?

no the hd4600 is on the 4790k its a desktop igpu and its not working it's an issue with the framebuffer which i am hunting down now the mobile variant is {censored} not something i care about 

Anyone else having issues with Radeon VII on the latest beta 10.15.4(19E242d)? I get weird hangs and wrong rendering in Unreal Engine 4.24.3, everything is too bright. Affinity Photo also crashes on launch. Worked fine on the final 10.5.3 build. I have 3 displays connected to DP and a projector on the HDMI port. When I switch on the Projector instant system lockup. After restart report indicates a crash in the AMD HDCP. Anyone else has a problem with this and a possible fix?

Using Opencore 0.5.5 and Lilu 1.4.1 and Whatevergreen 1.3.7 Using MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS

9 hours ago, WarDoc said:

no the hd4600 is on the 4790k its a desktop igpu and its not working it's an issue with the framebuffer which i am hunting down now the mobile variant is {censored} not something i care about 

I thought it was the desktop IGPU but as mine is way older (Also a desktop IGPU) thought it was odd it had stopped working, sounds like its an issue with that specific hardware as you mentioned, hope you get it sorted!

Setting my GPU to peg the 1070 and igpu to multi-display booted up with working acel the only issue was everything was bad so my guess the framebuffer is broken and should be fixed next beta poor HD4600

Screen_Shot_2020-02-27_at_9.07.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-02-27_at_9.07.55_PM.png

Heavy video editing is unstable, same FCPX crash reports as with Navi cards. If it panics, same panic reports. Sometimes glitching in FCPX viewer with red tint. Heavy glitching in some games for example Dirt4 like on Navi cards. Sometimes panic during gaming. Issue confirmed by other users (Hackintosh, real Mac eGPU and Mac Pro). Mac Pro Vega II cards affected as well. Issues started in macOS 10.15.4 Beta 1. Going back to 10.15.3 all is fine for Radeon VII again.

All of these issues are plaguing Navi cards since day one of support and Apple doesn't care. Bug reports remain with no response no matter if from Hackintosh or real Mac users. Apple hasn't addressed any of the issues so far except the wake from sleep bug. And now they port the bugs over to Radeon VII. It's a joke...

Edit:

https://youtu.be/n4zRmhB9gt8

IMG20200207133415.thumb.jpg.2aec9a1e7a54d73bc323a03cb3104c7c.jpg440203157_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-27um08_59_14.thumb.jpg.c12ecff3efa8b6e7b6e2177ffb6fa9f2.jpg380075431_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-27um08_58_02.thumb.jpg.1dfb588096e9635b5f1f7dff9dae5f8a.jpg

Edited by CMMChris

6 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

Heavy video editing is unstable, same FCPX crash reports as with Navi cards. If it panics, same panic reports. Heavy glitching in some games for example Dirt4 like on Navi cards. Sometimes panic during gaming. Issue confirmed by other users (Hackintosh, real Mac eGPU and Mac Pro). Mac Pro Vega II cards affected as well. Issues started in macOS 10.15.4 Beta 1. Going back to 10.15.3 all is fine for Radeon VII again.

Edit:

https://youtu.be/n4zRmhB9gt8

seems like they are doing major changes for the graphics side of things for some i hope it leads to more stable everything 

I hope so. But it leaves a bad aftertaste that Navi still isn't stable after so many macOS updates and instead of finally fixing the issues, they port them over to another GPU.

But at least we now have HDR support for third party screens and FreeSync support. Like that is more important, haha.

Edited by CMMChris

@Pavo

Hi, are you using all four ports at the same time? If I connect the projector to a Display Port through an adaptor and a Screen to a Display it does not hang but I only get 2 channel audio, not 8 channels like with the HDMI. As mentioned before the projector is connected to a Yamaha receiver and I can play all 8 channels of audio through the amp with no problems as long as the projector is switched off.

anyone who has hdmi plug issue after boot on laptop?
since 10.15.4 beta1 to beta2, there was no problem. after boot with pluged hdmi monitor, i can get hdmi. but since beta3, i never get hdmi. just show black screen.
i have to unplug hdmi cable and plug it again, then get hdmi monitor.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

IMHO HDMI will never play nicely with OS X, initially OOB like DVI, even buying the best HDMI cable I would get screen play but no sound whereas DVI poses no problems what so ever. With every update HDMI will potentially cause a headache.

34 minutes ago, Joshua60 said:

what about DP adapter if you have a DP port on your Hackintosh?

Don't know never found the need for one, DVI output serves all my needs 100% both in picture and sound, Apple TV, my movie collection and music library all good thank you, so for the moment HDMI is the least of my worries :)

Yup, games are still glitching as well. FCPX still unstable and sometimes gives red tint in the viewer. If they don't fix this until the release of 10.15.4 MacPro7,1 users with Vega II will hopefully put some serious pressure on them...

On 2/20/2020 at 1:46 AM, Rocky12 said:

No issues here, Intel X58  hack Clover

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 23.42.00.png

Rocky12, I use the same GPU and I am using 10.15.3 , Netflix in Safari does not work.  How is the situation in your system with 10.15.4, can you run Netflix in Safari? If yes, do you use any specific kext, shikigva etc ?