Jump to content

AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion


AudioGod
4,843 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

Hello guys!

 

so Catalina is public now!

 

should we go with this new System Update?

i'm on 10.14.6 atm,

 

anyone already tried?

 

 

 

 


wait 20mins as I’m upgrading right now via a test drive to make sure it does it clean and I will report back after I’m done.

wont be long buddy :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I Just upgraded to Catalina and it was flawless. Everything is working perfectly just make sure you don’t have any 32bit apps installed as they will no longer work.

 

@gino8080 go for it buddy. It’s a perfect upgrade :)

 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

 

I Just upgraded to Catalina and it was flawless. Everything is working perfectly just make sure you don’t have any 32bit apps installed as they will no longer work.

 

@gino8080 go for it buddy. It’s a perfect upgrade :)

 

 

Great to hear. Did you upgrade clover or any kexts like whatevergreen/VirtualSMC beforehand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tasc said:

 

Great to hear. Did you upgrade clover or any kexts like whatevergreen/VirtualSMC beforehand?


they were already all up to date for myself but I did it on my test drive first with the original efi I posted and It was flawless. Doesn’t harm to update all your kexts and clover beforehand though. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vai tranquillo Gino....... :-) unica cosa spero tu non abbia. acrobat dc caricato con adobe zii perché...ti annulla la "registrazione" e te lo blocca...fino a che non rilasceranno il zii 4.4.5 xD 

 

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, AudioGod said:


they were already all up to date for myself but I did it on my test drive first with the original efi I posted and It was flawless. Doesn’t harm to update all your kexts and clover beforehand though. :)

 

Thanks you all guys and thanks @AudioGod !

 

so I'll go with update and let you "update" too ! :D

 

Can I go directly through AppStore , download and then install right?

 

Maybe can usefull for someone, to check for any 32bit app installed, go to 

System preferences / Software / Applications

and order by the column 64bit 

every columns says NO is an old 32 bit app (for now I just found old setups, keygens, and Adobe {censored} :P)

 

(this is NOT my system preferences image)

see-all-32-bit-apps-mac-1.thumb.jpg.e619597f81ece79bda361822f7fd2ad8.jpg

 

 

:afro:

Edited by gino8080
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to update today, but there are 3 apps that I certainly need, and I guess I will have to wait for them to release 64bit version.

 

The one is MathType, and I need it for writing math equations, the other is EPSON's software for my printer and the other is for USB-AC68 WiFi adapter that I have :/ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, panosru said:

I wanted to update today, but there are 3 apps that I certainly need, and I guess I will have to wait for them to release 64bit version.

 

The one is MathType, and I need it for writing math equations, the other is EPSON's software for my printer and the other is for USB-AC68 WiFi adapter that I have :/ 

 

Me too. I'll have to wait a month or so while some software vendors get their apps Catalina-ready before I can upgrade.

 

It's good to know that our EFIs are working perfectly though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@hackinbot yeap, I said I would too, but I did not :/ I was impatient :P I have my MacBook Pro on MacOS 10.13.6, so I will do my equations there. Epson updated its drivers, and for the USB-AC68, I just use Ethernet so I'm good :)

 

The update was great, I left my computer unattended to cook me dinner and after I returned Catalina was waiting for me :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that this is no longer available in Catalina; thus you have to rely on a 3rd party application to be able to share files with your older Mac... :mad:

Edited by panosru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello All,

I hope your all enjoying the new update of Catalina?

ive been sniffing around online and I’ve noticed that a lot of people out there are having bare troubles updating too 10.15.

That makes me feel good in a evil Kind of way as it shows how solid my EFI actually is, I didn’t even have to make a updated EFI folder for catalina as the original one is working so perfectly.

Now I’m just waiting for the day the 5700xt gets supported and I’m slapping that baby in my system...lol

Enjoy my friends and happy hacking :)

 

@larabee you good buddy?

@MaLd0n you are awesome dude, 100% pure genius.....Respect  :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m on Catalina from dp beta1 ...some problem with beta5 btw....i use catalina for my work ...solid like a rock with :

 

phase one capture one pro 12

adobe Photoshop cc (latest)

adobe after effects (latest)

adobe premiere pro (latest)

final cut x pro

avid 

protools

and with 2x vmware machine at same  time ....all perfect !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hello All,

I hope your all enjoying the new update of Catalina?

ive been sniffing around online and I’ve noticed that a lot of people out there are having bare troubles updating too 10.15.

That makes me feel good in a evil Kind of way as it shows how solid my EFI actually is, I didn’t even have to make a updated EFI folder for catalina as the original one is working so perfectly.

 Now I’m just waiting for the day the 5700xt gets supported and I’m slapping that baby in my system...lol

Enjoy my friends and happy hacking :)

 

@larabee you good buddy?

@MaLd0n you are awesome dude, 100% pure genius.....Respect  :thumbsup_anim:

 

Yo, @AudioGod I'm doing pretty well with Catalina so far. rock solid. I get the new Final Cut Pro updates and everything is so much faster than before. Watch some Apple TV and everything works smoothly so far with only one problem: Sidecar with Radeon VII. I have black screen with sidecar. I unplug all of my graphic card and use HD630 then it works with SMBIOS iMac. On my iMac Pro, it gives me black screen. Properly because of HEVC encoding not working properly? @MaLd0n, do you have any idea why Sidecar is not working on mine? 

 

@ilcondannato I use the same thing as you do. Love Capture One on my Sony A7III raw file. Have you updated to the latest final cut pro? That helps me save a lot of time because it's much faster. 

Edited by larabee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, larabee said:

 

@ilcondannato I use the same thing as you do. Love Capture One on my Sony A7III raw file. Have you updated to the latest final cut pro? That helps me save a lot of time because it's much faster. 

 

 

I love C1... think is the best Raw converter that I've use... I've been try Lr...DxO...Aperture...and many many more...but, for my photo style (wedding ph and aerial with drone), I think C1 is the best! :-D .... Final Cut...I'm on 10.4.7 and ...it goes like F1 car LooooL :-D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hello All,

I hope your all enjoying the new update of Catalina?

ive been sniffing around online and I’ve noticed that a lot of people out there are having bare troubles updating too 10.15.

That makes me feel good in a evil Kind of way as it shows how solid my EFI actually is, I didn’t even have to make a updated EFI folder for catalina as the original one is working so perfectly.

 

 

Yep, seems your EFI is spot on .. I had a decent EFI in place for a while with a single fault of a hang needing a reboot randomly. could be days between them ... yours seems to have fixed that ..  Its been perfect for weeks.

 

Upgrading to Catalina was seamless and problem free ... updated the kexts i use and hit the update button .. 30 mins later im typing this from 10.15.. 

 

Good work .. thanks for the effort ... appreciated. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, larabee said:

 

Yo, @AudioGod I'm doing pretty well with Catalina so far. rock solid. I get the new Final Cut Pro updates and everything is so much faster than before. Watch some Apple TV and everything works smoothly so far with only one problem: Sidecar with Radeon VII. I have black screen with sidecar. I unplug all of my graphic card and use HD630 then it works with SMBIOS iMac. On my iMac Pro, it gives me black screen. Properly because of HEVC encoding not working properly? @MaLd0n, do you have any idea why Sidecar is not working on mine? 

 

 

I've read elsewhere that sidecar is not working on hackintoshes running imacpro SMBIOS (probably because of lack of T2 chip). The iMac19,1 doesn't have a T2, so sidecar seems to work with that SMBIOS.

 

iMac19,1 is probably a closer fit to our hardware setup, but I think we moved over to iMacPro to get away from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I would probably prefer to be on iMac19,1 if we could get it work reliably.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tasc said:

 

I've read elsewhere that sidecar is not working on hackintoshes running imacpro SMBIOS (probably because of lack of T2 chip). The iMac19,1 doesn't have a T2, so sidecar seems to work with that SMBIOS.

 

iMac19,1 is probably a closer fit to our hardware setup, but I think we moved over to iMacPro to get away from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I would probably prefer to be on iMac19,1 if we could get it work reliably.

 

 

Lack of T2 and the fact that HEVC is done from the CPU in iMac Pro ... I don't really need sidecar, so just curious to see if there's any work around. No biggie :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, larabee said:

 

Lack of T2 and the fact that HEVC is done from the CPU in iMac Pro ... I don't really need sidecar, so just curious to see if there's any work around. No biggie :)


I just tried it on my iPad and same thing for me too. Black screen on the iPad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I just tried it on my iPad and same thing for me too. Black screen on the iPad 

 

You will need to use anything other than mac that has T2 chips (imac pro and the new Cheese grater Mac Pro). Apple will look for that chip to do encoding. I heard the xeon in Apple iMac Pro can do the encoding in its core too. That's why we have this problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, larabee said:

 

You will need to use anything other than mac that has T2 chips (imac pro and the new Cheese grater Mac Pro). Apple will look for that chip to do encoding. I heard the xeon in Apple iMac Pro can do the encoding in its core too. That's why we have this problem. 


Yeah, I wonder if @MaLd0n knows of a fix for Sidecar other then using something like SMBios iMac 19.1 cos it’s kinda useful for me while editing audio or VSTi.
@MaLd0n  Any Thoughts buddy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • MaLd0n pinned this topic
×
×
  • Create New...