AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, larabee said:

Reporting minor bugs I've found after updating to Catalina: 

1. Sidecar doesn't work: switched to any iMac model that uses iGPU and enable iGPU will make sidecar work. (have to use iGPU DSDT) enabling the iGPU while using Vega56/VII DSDT resulting KP. Nothing we can do because that's how Apple new Pro machines rely on its T2 chips to do the encoding + provide additional layer of data protection for Sidecar. 
  2. Plugging in iPad to USB 3 port before power on will create KP 
  3. Running Photoshop filter that requires GPU acceleration (for example: Alien Skin Exposure X5, etc.) then switching to other applications while the filter is doing its job will break GPU acceleration in Photoshop. (not sure if it's happening in real Mac too) 
  4. Slow to wake from sleep: Tapping on keyboard wakes the system but screen remains black, then pressing mouse button to wake the screen. 

Update to AMD RDNA card (5700 - 5500), latest Catalina Beta doesn't include the kext for those cards. So we have to wait for the next 2 beta version to have the beta driver. Apple already pulled out the support for the beta 1 on their dev site. 

Buddy most your problems in your bug report are not happening to me.

wake from sleep is normal (darkwake=0) 

no KP from iPad on usb 3.

Sidecar same problems as you but photoshop is fine (latest version)

interesting :)

3 minutes ago, panosru said:

I'm not getting the clover splash, so I guess I have to make that change in my clover config and then revert it back right?

yes do so

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, panosru said:

@AudioGod Thanks! I will do it now, also I want to update my Clover, should I select Package or CLOVERX64.efi?

Thanks! :)

Package buddy,

if you haven’t done it before then watch glasgoods short video on how to update clover. 

p.s finish the Catalina update before updating clover as you have already started that process.

Edited by AudioGod

@AudioGod I'm receiving this message when I try to update (I followed glasgood's guide)

262519183_Screenshot2019-10-18at13_28_08.png.2df2468be974593cb3473c7570b892e4.png

I pressed Install Anyway and it worked, but when I booted in clover I choose macOS disk but nothing happened :/ 

Update:

There was a second drive "MacOS - Data" I chose it and is now installing the update. I hope I won't have to do that process from now on when there is an update available 

Edited by panosru

1 hour ago, panosru said:

@AudioGod I'm receiving this message when I try to update (I followed glasgood's guide)

262519183_Screenshot2019-10-18at13_28_08.png.2df2468be974593cb3473c7570b892e4.png

I pressed Install Anyway and it worked, but when I booted in clover I choose macOS disk but nothing happened :/ 

Update:

There was a second drive "MacOS - Data" I chose it and is now installing the update. I hope I won't have to do that process from now on when there is an update available 

Didn’t happen to me when I updated pal but looking online it’s happening to some people and not others.

the message you got from clover is because it’s not officially Catalina certified yet but it works just fine so don’t worry about it and just enjoy. :)

[mention=2497419]AudioGod[/mention] I'm receiving this message when I try to update (I followed glasgood's guide)

Update:

I got this.. had to remount / as rw and kill finder. It installed after that.. suspect it was due to the installation of a new clover settings panel that points to the new location on github.. just a guess at this point though.
[mention=2497419]AudioGod[/mention] I'm receiving this message when I try to update (I followed glasgood's guide)

Update:

I got this.. had to remount / as rw and kill finder. It installed after that.. suspect it was due to the installation of a new clover settings panel that points to the new location on github.. just a guess at this point though.

Update:

Weird. Apologies if I somehow mulit quoted.. replied from Tapatalk and I see 3 replies.

23 minutes ago, larabee said:

@AudioGod Get the Beta 2 and try your 5700 XT. Driver is on. 

Ok will do,

il do it tomorrow as I have a z390 master I might swap into my system too for my pro...

I have a super golden 9900k now. 5.1@1.325v with no offset and prime stable with a average temp of 80c and highest temp of 82c while never drawing more then 186w. How insane is that?

that is the most golden 9900k I’ve ever seen or tested and I’ve had so many go though my hands..

I reckon on a hero or the master it’s gonna hit 5.2 with no effort and the z390 master is sitting here telling me to use it so what’s a man meant to do? :hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok will do,

il do it tomorrow as I have a z390 master I might swap into my system too for my pro...

I have a super golden 9900k now. 5.1@1.325v with no offset and prime stable with a average temp of 80c and highest temp of 82c while never drawing more then 186w. How insane is that?

that is the most golden 9900k I’ve ever seen or tested and I’ve had so many go though my hands..

I reckon on a hero or the master it’s gonna hit 5.2 with no effort and the z390 is sitting here telling me to use it so what’s a man meant to do? :hysterical:

Oh dear, Please try it and get a DSDT for Gigabyte Z390 Designare. I love those 2 thunderbolt ports. Now the summer heat is gone. OC time LOLZ.

72466924_2673068702715758_3173674926993309696_o.jpg

1 minute ago, larabee said:

Oh dear, Please try it and get a DSDT for Gigabyte Z390 Designare. I love those 2 thunderbolt ports. Now the summer heat is gone. OC time LOLZ.

72466924_2673068702715758_3173674926993309696_o.jpg

Is that what you have yourself?

i fancy that board too, if I can get my hands on one il get it done for you.

Hello! Today out of nothing, I tried to boot my computer and I got the stop sign, I'm not sure how to debug it

I got it two times, just restart and should go

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Hello! Today out of nothing, I tried to boot my computer and I got the stop sign, I'm not sure how to debug it

I got it two times, just restart and should go

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, panosru said:

I managed to boot into OS but after a few minutes it crashes :/

sounds like you messed up your clover upgrade to me bud. Download my efi again and try again without updating 

Edited by AudioGod

@larabee I’ve gone and switched boards from the pro to the master, I couldn’t resist so now I’m all out of Wack with you guys but I’m hoping bar the dsdt nothing else will be any different. My motherboard settings are the same so far but let’s wait and see what happens once the dsdt is created. Fingers crossed il be extending this guide to include the z390 master if it all works out otherwise your going to have to take over keeping the EFI in check. Let’s see what happens but I will report back soon. :) 

Hello everyone!

Today I had to unplug my computer from power source for about an hour or so, when I plugged back in everything my Apple logo on boot screen is huge instead of the small nice apple logo it used to be, even though in my clover configurator I have placed the resolution properly for the boot screen. Also I noticed that while previously when I was booting only my main display was showing the logo, now my 3rd display also shows the logo and I'm not sure how to revert back to previous state since I didn't do anything to my EFI, I only unplugged my computer from power.

I upgraded clover to latest version and I noticed that with VirtualSMC v1.0.8 all USB devices are stop working after a few seconds inside the OS. It's like that the USB interfaces are working for 10 - 15 seconds after boot and then they are disabled (including USB2/3/3.1), any ideas? I have now placed VirtualSMC v1.0.7 since it is working.

Also, could you please explain me what are these settings for?

Power  Platform Power Management  Enabled

Power  ErP  Enabled  (can be enabled or disabled, your choice)

Power  RC6 (Render Standby)  Disabled

I'm attaching my EFI with VirtualSMC 1.0.8

Thanks!

CLOVER.zip

6 hours ago, panosru said:

Hello everyone!

Today I had to unplug my computer from power source for about an hour or so, when I plugged back in everything my Apple logo on boot screen is huge instead of the small nice apple logo it used to be, even though in my clover configurator I have placed the resolution properly for the boot screen. Also I noticed that while previously when I was booting only my main display was showing the logo, now my 3rd display also shows the logo and I'm not sure how to revert back to previous state since I didn't do anything to my EFI, I only unplugged my computer from power.

I upgraded clover to latest version and I noticed that with VirtualSMC v1.0.8 all USB devices are stop working after a few seconds inside the OS. It's like that the USB interfaces are working for 10 - 15 seconds after boot and then they are disabled (including USB2/3/3.1), any ideas? I have now placed VirtualSMC v1.0.7 since it is working.

Also, could you please explain me what are these settings for?

Power  Platform Power Management  Enabled

Power  ErP  Enabled  (can be enabled or disabled, your choice)

Power  RC6 (Render Standby)  Disabled

I'm attaching my EFI with VirtualSMC 1.0.8

Thanks!

CLOVER.zip

Double check your motherboard battery, it may be depleted, then double check the Bios settings to see if anything has changed. 

Using the Virtual SMC 1.0.8 EFI, try updating to Catalina and see how it goes. I myself prefer the 1.0.7 because it's more stable to my rig. Newer is not always better. Whenever you do an update to important Kext such as virtualSMC / fakeSMC, always have a backup just incase. You never know what will happen next. 

Power  Platform Power Management  Enabled Allow your motherboard to manager advance power configuration such as setting different voltage control, power saving features, different C states for your CPU. 

Power  ErP  Enabled  (can be enabled or disabled, your choice): ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. Basically this enable power on by mouse or keyboard. I have a cat and she loves to take a nap on my keyboard, so I must disable this one haha. 

Power  RC6 (Render Standby)  Disabled : This specifically addresses the iGPU to enter deep sleep to decrease power consumption. Doesn't quite compatible with the way Apple does its power management. Therefore, it must be disabled. 

I hope that helps. 

@AudioGod not a big deal. I think we should expanded the support for more gigabyte Z390 boards. I'll have my designare ordered next month. Time to get to play with the new rig haha. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, larabee said:

@AudioGod not a big deal. I think we should expanded the support for more gigabyte Z390 boards. I'll have my designare ordered next month. Time to get to play with the new rig haha. 

Awesome bud I’m glad you think that as I want to do the same thing and have a few different dsdt for different boards on here.

my dsdt for the master is 80% there now....few bugs to iron out and it will be done.

the difference in performance and overclock stability is ridicules. 5.1ghz needed 1.325v on the z390 pro and now on the master it’s rock solid at 1.296v. 
EFI is different but a lot of the changes might translate into the Z390 pro EFI too so I might have a test EFI for you to try out later if you don’t mind brother?

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Awesome bud I’m glad you think that as I want to do the same thing and have a few different dsdt for different boards on here.

my dsdt for the master is 80% there now....few bugs to iron out and it will be done.

the difference in performance and overclock stability is ridicules. 5.1ghz needed 1.325v on the z390 pro and now on the master it’s rock solid at 1.296v. 
EFI is different but a lot of the changes might translate into the Z390 pro EFI too so I might have a test EFI for you to try out later if you don’t mind brother?

Give it to me. I can test the new Pro EFI for you. 

@larabee hey! Thanks for the answer! It was very detailed!

I'm on Catalina already, and I now realised that even with VirtualSMC 1.0.7 my USB devices are disconnected after a few seconds I boot into my OS :(

After I updated to Catalina I feel that the OS became less stable :/

The settings in BIOS are intact so I guess there isn't motherboard's battery issue, could it have something to do with GPU? I used to boot with only my main screen and now my main screen and my 3rd screen are mirrored when I boot while my 2nd screen is turned off and turns only when I enter login screen

Edited by panosru