AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,854 posts in this topic

Hi! Got a problem with my Bluetooth card (I'm using recommended one) when is connected to F_USB2 my machine wakes up immediately (when I unplug the cable - sleep works great) - I think my DSDT is not happy :( Any chance someone can take a look? TIA (Aorus Z390 pro) 

DSDT.aml.zip

22 minutes ago, lygi said:

Hi! Got a problem with my Bluetooth card (I'm using recommended one) when is connected to F_USB2 my machine wakes up immediately (when I unplug the cable - sleep works great) - I think my DSDT is not happy :( Any chance someone can take a look? TIA (Aorus Z390 pro) 

DSDT.aml.zip

Are you using my Efi and dsdt?

if your not then try mine 

also are you using a Corsair AIO?

if you do then disconnect it’s internal usb from the board as that causes the system to wake from sleep. Lastly disconnect all your external usb devices and see if something external is the cause?

If it’s none of the above and you are using my dsdt and EFI then I might have a fix for you in the form of a new EFI with fixes included for a lot of little bugs caused by Catalina including the WiFi and Bluetooth.

it should be up on here on the next few days once it’s been shaken out and tested fully.

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, saCULar said:

Hey @AudioGod, what is your audio output like from the Aorus Pro?  - mine is very variable when listening via wired headphones plugged into the front audio port, especially playing video's.  Perfect playback through bluetooth headphones though.

regards

@saCULar

Hey Pal,

no problems on my side with the pro and headphone output.

Try this though, go into your clover config and under devices change the audio layout from 1 to 7, save and reboot and give it a try and see if it helps. Also check your cases audio connection to the board and make sure it’s nice and tight and all the cables are in place etc.

let me know if it makes any difference for you?

p.s. also try your wired headphones on a different device just to make sure it’s not the cable or headphones themselves at fault. 

Edited by AudioGod

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@lygi @kokosimbo Download these kexts and put them inside your clover kext folder, reboot and try sleep again. This should fix it for you buddy.

BrcmFix.zip

Let me know if it solved the problem please? :)

I added the kexts , but still having the same problem with sleep.. This is my EFI.zip

@lygi hows is yours coming along ?

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 22.11.37.png

Edited by kokosimbo

I dont know if its just me, but why is my Handoff so slow? When I click on the button to open the website from my iphone, it takes around 15-20 seconds before it opens the page.

I have got the card you guys use too, but its so slow. Is this normal?

And btw: is SideCar working?

28 minutes ago, erikmay said:

I dont know if its just me, but why is my Handoff so slow? When I click on the button to open the website from my iphone, it takes around 15-20 seconds before it opens the page.

I have got the card you guys use too, but its so slow. Is this normal?

And btw: is SideCar working?

Just checked and my hands off is almost instant.

try the kexts I posted a few posts back and see if it helps.

as for Sidecar, it’s not working as of yet with Macpro smbios but the brains are working on it so watch this space on that one.

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hey Pal,

no problems on my side with the pro and headphone output.

Try this though, go into your clover config and under devices change the audio layout from 1 to 7, save and reboot and give it a try and see if it helps. Also check your cases audio connection to the board and make sure it’s nice and tight and all the cables are in place etc.

let me know if it makes any difference for you?

p.s. also try your wired headphones on a different device just to make sure it’s not the cable or headphones themselves at fault. 

Hey again.

I have injected layout 7 and it sound works beautifully now through my wired headphones.

Thanks

@saCULar

Just now, saCULar said:

Hey again.

I have injected layout 7 and it sound works beautifully now through my wired headphones.

Thanks

@saCULar

Awesome buddy, layout 7 seems to be the correct layout for the pro and I will make it that way om the efi update. Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup_anim:

uhm....for every1 wanna try to upgrade to 10.15.1 (think only RX gpu users) ...put in ur config boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" (without quotes) ...this prevent black screen :-P cheers lol

Edited by ilcondannato

7 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

uhm....for every1 wanna try to upgrade to 10.15.1 (think only RX gpu users) ...put in ur config boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" (without quotes) ...this prevent black screen :-P cheers lol

Good shout and it apples to all Gpus but can also have the reverse effect and cause a black screen.

its in my latest EFI that I’m about to post on here soon.

btw 10.15.1 is too buggy.... incredible lag with chrome and opera browser...sometimes freezes (when stressing gpu ...inPS or C1) uhm...just wait for other release :-D

6 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

btw 10.15.1 is too buggy.... incredible lag with chrome and opera browser...sometimes freezes (when stressing gpu ...inPS or C1) uhm...just wait for other release :-D

Il send you a copy of my new efi via private message now and give it a go and see it helps for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, i've tested AudioGod's new EFI ... all perfect. Only need to change 2/3 things....but not very difficoult. So, i've try to edit a raw file in photoshop and no freeze at all (with about 15/20 filters so ...massive) ... try to compile and render somethings in blender, no problem. try to export fcpx project, everything goes good. So...at this point, definitely good EFI. :thumbsup_anim:

1 minute ago, ilcondannato said:

Ok, i've tested AudioGod's new EFI ... all perfect. Only need to change 2/3 things....but not very difficoult. So, i've try to edit a raw file in photoshop and no freeze at all (with about 15/20 filters so ...massive) ... try to compile and render somethings in blender, no problem. try to export fcpx project, everything goes good. So...at this point, definitely good EFI. :thumbsup_anim:

Did you change the audio layout from 1 to 7?
do so if you didn’t.

To everybody else, I will post the new EFI later tonight or tomorrow morning as I just need to make a couple of tiny changes before I do so. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Did you change the audio layout from 1 to 7?
do so if you didn’t.

To everybody else, I will post the new EFI later tonight or tomorrow morning as I just need to make a couple of tiny changes before I do so. :thumbsup_anim:

Sure, changed inj id to 7 and set my smuuid and sn...plus add my mlb rom :-P thank you for work! :D