AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, larabee said:

@AudioGod good news: 10.15.1 will have support for AMD RDNA 5700xt. Try out the beta.

That’s awesome, it’s a great card. I have two sitting here right now for sale online but I’m so keeping one now I’ve heard that...lol

im gonna bang the beta on my test drive and see what goes on. :)

nothing will make me happier then the day I can drop out the vega 56 from my system. 
Ive got every gpu from the rtx 2070 upwards sitting here and I use a vega 56....so wrong! :wallbash:

ive got a 2080 ti (strix) that scores over 19000 in timespy out of the box...wtf man? That’s nearly 3 of my vega 56’s all running oc’s to equal that....:w00t:

Edited by AudioGod

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

That’s awesome, it’s a great card. I have two sitting here right now for sale online but I’m so keeping one now I’ve heard that...lol

im gonna bang the beta on my test drive and see what goes on. :)

nothing will make me happier then the day I can drop out the vega 56 from my system. 
Ive got every gpu from the rtx 2070 upwards sitting here and I use a vega 56....so wrong! :wallbash:

ive got a 2080 ti (strix) that scores over 19000 in timespy out of the box...wtf man? That’s nearly 3 of my vega 56’s all running oc’s to equal that....:w00t:

Read the release note and I was like, gotta let audiogod know before he sells his 5700 lolz 

put that puppy 2080 in the second slot and enjoy playing games in windows. That’s what I’m doing. Haha. I will let my radeon vii retire. 

9886A1F4-67DB-4FCC-8F47-455749C8B885.png

Edited by larabee

6 minutes ago, larabee said:

put that puppy 2080 in the second slot and enjoy playing games in windows. That’s what I’m doing. Haha. I will let my radeon vii retire. 

The 2080ti is pointless bro. It’s a stupid card if you ask me...lol

what the hell do you do with all that power? I mean really?

i think the 5700xt is the perfect sweetpoint of all of them tbh. It’s powerful enough to run anything at 1440p with all settings maxed out and the frame rate is gonna be higher the the monitors refresh rate (bar 240 screens) so why waste the price of a 2080ti just to gain nothing more then bragging rights?

if it worked in macOS too then there’s a argument to be had but it doesn’t so there’s not really is there? :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

The 2080ti is pointless bro. It’s a stupid card if you ask me...lol

what the hell do you do with all that power? I mean really?

i think the 5700xt is the perfect sweetpoint of all of them tbh. It’s powerful enough to run anything at 1440p with all settings maxed out and the frame rate is gonna be higher the the monitors refresh rate (bar 240 screens) so why waste the price of a 2080ti just to gain nothing more then bragging rights?

if it worked in macOS too then there’s a argument to be had but it doesn’t so there’s not really is there? :hysterical::hysterical:

lol I play Total 3 Kingdoms and my radeon vii still choke sometimes with max settings. I was like it’s time to take out the big gun and slap the 2080 ti in. 
I don’t hear anything from nvidia at this point and it’s Apple to blame because they do not allow nvidia to write the driver. 

Just now, larabee said:

lol I play Total 3 Kingdoms and my radeon vii still choke sometimes with max settings. I was like it’s time to take out the big gun and slap the 2080 ti in. 
I don’t hear anything from nvidia at this point and it’s Apple to blame because they do not allow nvidia to write the driver. 

It’s both of them to blame, they are as bad and as stubborn as eachother. Consumer comes first (not) lol 

@larabee have you tried any of the ryzen 3000 series cpus yet?

im messing with a 3900x now and was testing a 3800x the other day and I don’t know if I get what all the hype is about.

if you run a benchmark sure the numbers are mind blowing but let’s move to the real world of everyday normal use and I can honestly say that the cpu is janky and just doesn’t feel buttery smooth while running any programs, games or apps. Out of the box naaaaaaa. You can keep your ryzen AMD for at least 2 more gens I reckon, maybe then my opinion will change, to many fan boys and haters online and on YouTube. It seems to me that only Steve from game nexus and Roman speak the truth about these CPU’s everybody else is talking nonsense.

Edited by AudioGod

I have a problem , because I'm using apcupsd  a small utility to control the UPS power and shutdown process in case of energy failure

but this is a 32 bit app! :cry:, so it will stop working on Catalina!

Do you guys have any hints for this? or any shell script / alternative app?

Osx Native energy power does not work, it does not appear in the energy saver (sometimes yes) maybe it's some setting on Efi ?

Anyone is using a Smart UPS attached to machine?

the model I'm using is this one 

APC by Schneider Electric BR1500GI  UPS, 1500 VA/865 Watt, AVR

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0041MP81Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13 hours ago, gino8080 said:

I have a problem , because I'm using apcupsd  a small utility to control the UPS power and shutdown process in case of energy failure

but this is a 32 bit app! :cry:, so it will stop working on Catalina!

Do you guys have any hints for this? or any shell script / alternative app?

Osx Native energy power does not work, it does not appear in the energy saver (sometimes yes) maybe it's some setting on Efi ?

Anyone is using a Smart UPS attached to machine?

the model I'm using is this one 

APC by Schneider Electric BR1500GI  UPS, 1500 VA/865 Watt, AVR

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0041MP81Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

apc perdete ogni speranza o voi che lo usate ..... ATM no one 64bit ups software fon OS X sorry .... i have 2 x apc ups and on osx i’m put myself on “speraindio” mode lol

Flawless Update!!

thanks to @AudioGod @glasgood and all the others! for this great perfect EFI!!

10 hours ago, ilcondannato said:

apc perdete ogni speranza o voi che lo usate ..... ATM no one 64bit ups software fon OS X sorry .... i have 2 x apc ups and on osx i’m put myself on “speraindio” mode lol

Btw I also found the solution for my usb APC!

If like me, your USB APC it does NOT appear in the native system power energy saver tab:

you have to UNINSTALL completely every other manager like the very old apcupsd  (use the uninstall script provided with it)

sudo /usr/local/sbin/apcupsd-uninstall

reboot, and then you should see your APC in the native energy saver,

now you can set timeout, auto shutdown etcc when your machine is going on battery!! :thumbsup_anim:

1465660830_Screenshot2019-10-13at20_57_49.png.00fc247ca9420c900106303e37715105.png1787376177_Screenshot2019-10-13at20_57_55.png.b37cc611cafe70463a170010777429f3.png

Screenshot 2019-10-13 at 14.56.30.png

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 7:27 AM, AudioGod said:

@larabee have you tried any of the ryzen 3000 series cpus yet?

im messing with a 3900x now and was testing a 3800x the other day and I don’t know if I get what all the hype is about.

if you run a benchmark sure the numbers are mind blowing but let’s move to the real world of everyday normal use and I can honestly say that the cpu is janky and just doesn’t feel buttery smooth while running any programs, games or apps. Out of the box naaaaaaa. You can keep your ryzen AMD for at least 2 more gens I reckon, maybe then my opinion will change, to many fan boys and haters online and on YouTube. It seems to me that only Steve from game nexus and Roman speak the truth about these CPU’s everybody else is talking nonsense.

the problem is ryzen in hackintosh is usable but lack the optimization needed to run smoothly. I don’t care much about their performance in windows. Intel still rules the gaming world. 

on another totally different note: Ive been spending my weekend checking out the place Apple took the photo of high sierra. A little tribute to MacOS high Sierra. 

997A9DA0-4A20-4D4A-9E84-4A24AD94CD29.jpeg

3 hours ago, larabee said:

the problem is ryzen in hackintosh is usable but lack the optimization needed to run smoothly. I don’t care much about their performance in windows. Intel still rules the gaming world. 

on another totally different note: Ive been spending my weekend checking out the place Apple took the photo of high sierra. A little tribute to MacOS high Sierra. 

997A9DA0-4A20-4D4A-9E84-4A24AD94CD29.jpeg

Awesome pic buddy :)

and about ryzen I wasn’t even referring to it in a hackintosh just in windows and yeah it’s not what the hype makes it out to be for sure.

try running 4 sticks of ram at its Rated speed over 2400mhz.....lol....good luck with that one. :help:

11 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Awesome pic buddy :)

and about ryzen I wasn’t even referring to it in a hackintosh just in windows and yeah it’s not what the hype makes it out to be for sure.

try running 4 sticks of ram at its Rated speed over 2400mhz.....lol....good luck with that one. :help:

I don't think I have much of a problem running ryzen ... Properly I'm just lucky with the RAM. Mine works just fine (G.Skill TridentZ). You gotta try out the thread ripper. It's something different. 

I spend 80% of my time working using hackintosh and 20% playing games. So Intel still a must. Adobe apps just don't like Ryzen at all. 

Thank you for the easiest guide I have seen in years. Just to double-check I would follow glasgood guide but instead of his EFI folder setup, I would use your one. Is that correct?

I'm running

Gigabyte z390 aorus pro

i9900k

RX 580

16GB corsair vengeance 2666

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Music000 said:

Thank you for the easiest guide I have seen in years. Just to double-check I would follow glasgood guide but instead of his EFI folder setup, I would use your one. Is that correct?

I'm running

Gigabyte z390 aorus pro

i9900k

RX 580

correct !

just follow @glasgood guide

pay attention to bios settings (check the sceenshots mainly)

start safer and simpler as possible (for the first installation)

so no extra usb stuff, 1 monitor, usb 2 pendrive and so on

and then use the perfect EFI folder from here

good luck :afro:

and don't worry 

we are here btw ;)

10 hours ago, Music000 said:

I'm running

Gigabyte z390 aorus pro

i9900k

RX 580

Thanks for the kind words, buddy.

yes use my EFI on here and glasgoods guide on how to do anything you need to do but also use my bios settings not he’s (although I think they match more or less the same) and your be golden buddy.

Enjoy :)

by the way you can use my Efi pre and post install.

Edited by AudioGod

On 10/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, gino8080 said:

correct !

just follow @glasgood guide

pay attention to bios settings (check the sceenshots mainly)

start safer and simpler as possible (for the first installation)

so no extra usb stuff, 1 monitor, usb 2 pendrive and so on

and then use the perfect EFI folder from here

good luck :afro:

and don't worry 

we are here btw ;)

Italian mode on "uhm io ho installato Catalina da zero con di tutto e di più connesso/installato e con pure OC su procio e ram...mai nessun problema...sfatiamo sto mito dai xD ahahah lol" italian mode off ( LoL )

BTW OT but not very OT ...someone try to develop more about Aorus Z390 Pro & Opencore? ...

Reporting minor bugs I've found after updating to Catalina: 

1. Sidecar doesn't work: switched to any iMac model that uses iGPU and enable iGPU will make sidecar work. (have to use iGPU DSDT) enabling the iGPU while using Vega56/VII DSDT resulting KP. Nothing we can do because that's how Apple new Pro machines rely on its T2 chips to do the encoding + provide additional layer of data protection for Sidecar. 
  2. Plugging in iPad to USB 3 port before power on will create KP 
  3. Running Photoshop filter that requires GPU acceleration (for example: Alien Skin Exposure X5, etc.) then switching to other applications while the filter is doing its job will break GPU acceleration in Photoshop. (not sure if it's happening in real Mac too) 
  4. Slow to wake from sleep: Tapping on keyboard wakes the system but screen remains black, then pressing mouse button to wake the screen. 

Update to AMD RDNA card (5700 - 5500), latest Catalina Beta doesn't include the kext for those cards. So we have to wait for the next 2 beta version to have the beta driver. Apple already pulled out the support for the beta 1 on their dev site. 

Hello, I have all my GPU ports occupied and I want to add another monitor to my workspace, I just wonder if there is an easy way to enable the built-in hdmi motherboard port.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, panosru said:

Hello, I have all my GPU ports occupied and I want to add another monitor to my workspace, I just wonder if there is an easy way to enable the built-in hdmi motherboard port.

Thanks!

I think a way easier solution is to grab a super duper cheap AMD card and put it in. 

Otherwise, you will need to switch SMBIOS to iMac 19.1 and give it a try. 

2 hours ago, larabee said:

Otherwise, you will need to switch SMBIOS to iMac 19.1

I c... that sucks :(

The current EFI is very stable, going back to iMac 19.1 is not a good option :/ 

I wonder why the built-in HDMI port cannot work with the current EFI?

But thanks for the suggestion of a cheap graphics card as an alternative :)

9 hours ago, panosru said:

I c... that sucks :(

The current EFI is very stable, going back to iMac 19.1 is not a good option :/ 

I wonder why the built-in HDMI port cannot work with the current EFI?

But thanks for the suggestion of a cheap graphics card as an alternative :)

It has conflict with current DSDT. I cant seem to boot with iGPU enabled. Just get a cheap AMD card and it should be fine, besides UHD630 only goes up to 4K 60hz and it eats system memory like crazy. 

@larabee Thanks for the hint!! (btw I wouldn't need more than 4k, the monitor I want to connect is just 1920x1080 :P )

Another issue I have now is that couple of days ago there was a new update for Catalina:

1069923685_Screenshot2019-10-18at12_50_44.png.718925cc4aadddb8f06f3c474234f261.png

But I'm clicking Install Now, it restarts but the update is not installed, it is still there :/ 

EDIT:

I tried to boot into safe mode by holding the shift key on boot, but it boots on normal mode, is there any other way for hackintosh to boot into a safe mode?

Edited by panosru

19 minutes ago, panosru said:

@larabee Thanks for the hint!! (btw I wouldn't need more than 4k, the monitor I want to connect is just 1920x1080 :P )

Another issue I have now is that couple of days ago there was a new update for Catalina:

1069923685_Screenshot2019-10-18at12_50_44.png.718925cc4aadddb8f06f3c474234f261.png

But I'm clicking Install Now, it restarts but the update is not installed, it is still there :/ 

EDIT:

I tried to boot into safe mode by holding the shift key on boot, but it boots on normal mode, is there any other way for hackintosh to boot into a safe mode?

It’s not selecting the correct drive for you at restart after the install begins.

make sure when it gets to the clover boot up splash that the Catalina install drive is selected and your be fine. Didn’t happen to me when I updated but happened to a friend and that’s the fix. :)