AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks for letting me know.

Il add it to the list. :)

So...download efi folder...delete DSDT (think for Vega...) and replace with rx DSDT downloaded from ur post...all seems work perfectly... only added mob,serial,smuuid ;-)

14 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

So...download efi folder...delete DSDT (think for Vega...) and replace with rx DSDT downloaded from ur post...all seems work perfectly... only added mob,serial,smuuid ;-)

Perfect, Enjoy Buddy

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:51 PM, tasc said:

I've always had CSM support enabled in my bios without issue, so not sure if that has any effect on the build stability.

Me too. If CSM Support is disabled I can't get a video signal out of the RX580... and since the iGPU is disabled that means I have to reset the CMOS to get back into the bios.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, MaLd0n said:

HERE

1- DSDT for Vega and VII

DSDT.VEGA.VII.zip

2- DSDT for RX Series, Nvidia and others

DSDT.RXxxx.NVIDIA.zip

Thank you so much for all the work you're doing!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:17 PM, AudioGod said:

Hey Buddy,

Change your DSDT over to the new one for your GPU listed in my guide :) 

Just did - the RX580 shows up in the PCI cards now. Thanks!

So far today - had a kernel panic while watching Plex Media Player for about 5 minutes. This is different from the white-screen freeze in that it actually rebooted the computer and presented the KP notice.

Since then, the hack has been rock solid - played the same Plex file for about 45 minutes and it went without a hitch. Played some YouTube in the background while working for an hour and no issues. :)

I forgot to mention earlier - your DSDT enabled the HDMI ports on the RX580 now. Previously I could only use the DisplayPorts. Nice!

Edited by hackinbot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hackinbot said:

Me too. If CSM Support is disabled I can't get a video signal out of the RX580... and since the iGPU is disabled that means I have to reset the CMOS to get back into the bios.

You can have CSM Enabled, It really boils down to what gpu your using.

With the my pulse vega56 if I have CSM enabled then my clover boot screen is stuck on the lowest res possible but with it Disabled I get native 4K for my monitor at the clover boot page, that’s why I have it listed as disabled for my build. I will update the the guide now to point that out. :thumbsup_anim: 

Edited by AudioGod

10 hours ago, hackinbot said:

I went ahead and disabled CSM support so my BIOS settings match the guide, everything working normally with the RX560.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, AudioGod said:

BIOS  CSM Support  Disabled  (Enabled If your using a AMD RX GPU)

Not really .. depends on the card type/BIOS. I am on Sapphire RX580 pulse and have CSM disabled : Aorus Logo and Clover with 4K resolution.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, AudioGod said:

Power  Platform Power Management  Enabled

pwrmgmnt.thumb.jpg.7fb57d0f899286aca175cede8b2819b7.jpg

How are your ASMP settings below and .. is there any need for enabling PWR mgmnt at all  ?  IMHO it's handled by OS 

And one other point that possibly can be enlightened by @MaLd0n 

In your patched DSDT there is a different definition for GNVS ( thats for native NVRAM) 

OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x3E4BE000, 0x0866)

origin DSDT:

OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x3E4C1000, 0x0866)

The address changes if you have other settings in BIOS and/or other hardware setup. Now, is this handled by Clover "Regions" patch or should we pay attention to this ?

Edited by texem

55 minutes ago, texem said:

Not really .. depends on the card type/BIOS. I am on Sapphire RX580 pulse and have CSM disabled : Aorus Logo and Clover with 4K resolution.

Fair point. Ok il change that now....lol

If you check a few posts up I basically say the same thing too, then I changed my guide to say enable for RX after talking to one of the gurus on here :)

Edited by AudioGod

39 minutes ago, texem said:

pwrmgmnt.thumb.jpg.7fb57d0f899286aca175cede8b2819b7.jpg

How are your ASMP settings below and .. is there any need for enabling PWR mgmnt at all  ?

IMHO it's handled by OS 

I have DMI ASPM set to disabled.

Also you should disable RC6 too.

26 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I have DMI ASPM set to disabled.

Also you should disable RC6 too.

Ah .. thanks. In this case just disable the Powermanagement because all 3 options are disabled .. :)

btw: just updated above with Q regarding "OperationRegions" .

Wondering if @MaLd0n can help 

Edited by texem

On 8/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, panosru said:

1. If you have TP-Link Archer T6E PCI-E WiFi card and your system does not recognise your WiFi card with this EFI, then download and add to your kexts AirportBrcmFixup, that will make your WiFi work again.

I have no problem with WIFI, BUT the bluetooth is working 50% of time, I mean now for example is NOT working anymore,

pci card is in pci slot 4, with bluetooth cable connected to usb2

I just added Vega powertable and now is not working anymore, i got this

WHY?!? (on windows is working correctly)

1620175388_Screenshot2019-08-25at11_46_34.png.7e5250c80b472c3879cf89b6fdc64f36.png

On 8/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, panosru said:

4. (EXPERIMENTAL) If you have iStat Menus and you want to have your GPU temperature on your menu bar, VirtualSMC does not support it yet; thus you have to remove VirtualSMC and add FakeSMC. The reason I say it is experimental is because it is reported that FakeSMC is not as stable as VirtualSMC is, in case you face any crashes or kernel panics, then just revert back to VirtualSMC.

Tried removing VIrtualSMC e putting all the FakeSmc kext,

I don't see any GPU temps, GPU die is not even anymore present in iStats menu 

11 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

I have no problem with WIFI, BUT the bluetooth is working 50% of time, I mean now for example is NOT working anymore,

pci card is in pci slot 4, with bluetooth cable connected to usb2

I just added Vega powertable and now is not working anymore, i got this

WHY?!? (on windows is working correctly)

1620175388_Screenshot2019-08-25at11_46_34.png.7e5250c80b472c3879cf89b6fdc64f36.png

Check the Bluetooth Internal USB cable where it connects to the motherboard and make sure all the tiny cables going into the plug are ok. It’s super easy to break one off when you remove the plug from the board so lightly wiggle them and make sure they are all connected properly.

also if you want to use fakesmc and all its sensors then you need to put all of the fake fakesmc kexts inc the sensor kexts into your clover kext folder and then reboot and then check your i stats again.

Edited by AudioGod

30 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Check the Bluetooth Internal USB cable where it connects to the motherboard and make sure all the tiny cables going into the plug are ok. It’s super easy to break one off when you remove the plug from the board so lightly wiggle them and make sure they are all connected properly.

I just unplug/plug the microsd to usb from motherboard, and now i'ts working both in windows and Mac

I suppose the cable or the usb mobo port is not working good :wacko: ?

32 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

also if you want to use fakesmc and all its sensors then you need to put all of the fake fakesmc kexts inc the sensor kexts into your clover kext folder and then reboot and then check your i stats again.

I already putted ALL the fakesmc kexts

1064868688_Screenshot2019-08-25at12_32_07.png.8f315d69452fbf3ca42cad5566bd5dc5.png

I'll do another try and let you know

thx

6 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

I just unplug/plug the microsd to usb from motherboard, and now i'ts working both in windows and Mac

The usb cable that comes with those WiFi Bluetooth combo cards tends to be cheap and nasty and easy to break. I’ve seen it happen many times but luckily you can buy a replacement from eBay cheap or if you have a usb cable spare from a Corsair liquid cooler then use that instead.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401790050830

4 hours ago, gino8080 said:

I already putted ALL the fakesmc kexts

1064868688_Screenshot2019-08-25at12_32_07.png.8f315d69452fbf3ca42cad5566bd5dc5.png

I'll do another try and let you know

thx

Uhm...but...you've selected the sensor in stat menu's?

...cioè...gli hai detto che vuoi vedere la temperatura del die?!

1683396991_Schermata2019-08-25alle16_54_33.png.9c837d88cc06a6d53dee6b1d8a83927e.png

after put "GPU Die" I see...

1477356452_Schermata2019-08-25alle16_57_18.png.69420fab7173720ffc9931bf6478548c.png

BTW........

Just update to Catalina B6 10.15 release 19A536g

Confirmed all working with @AudioGod EFI and DSDT (RX series)

Cheers!

:thumbsup_anim: :dev:

850376836_Schermata2019-08-25alle16_59_57.png.c825ead3d47681c4f343cb67ffad89db.png

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

The usb cable that comes with those WiFi Bluetooth combo cards tends to be cheap and nasty and easy to break. I’ve seen it happen many times but luckily you can buy a replacement from eBay cheap or if you have a usb cable spare from a Corsair liquid cooler then use that instead.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401790050830

If I HOT unplug and replug the microusb connector from the pci (when mac or windows is running)

I got bluetooth working

then after 3/4 reboot or myabe after a sleep / awake it does NOT work anymore

I have to unplug / replug

why? maybe something related to power / UPS ?

53 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

Uhm...but...you've selected the sensor in stat menu's?

...cioè...gli hai detto che vuoi vedere la temperatura del die?!

1683396991_Schermata2019-08-25alle16_54_33.png.9c837d88cc06a6d53dee6b1d8a83927e.png

after put "GPU Die" I see...

1477356452_Schermata2019-08-25alle16_57_18.png.69420fab7173720ffc9931bf6478548c.png

Sure This is my EFI atm:

1484342033_Screenshot2019-08-25at17_42_26.png.d41d8bcbeddb2bf3c5145c0f8d6e20d8.png

1794611006_Screenshot2019-08-25at17_51_08.png.c0a8988d77f3749e31ca533b503e3b82.png

1272920563_Screenshot2019-08-25at17_46_41.png.c2b1fe01d38221b6e48f7c63134696e9.png

and I don't have anymore the GPU DIE sensor to drag (i had when using VirtualSMC but it was always without values)

ITALIAN: "Certo ma no mi appare proprio il cazzillo da draggare, prima usando VirtualSmc mi appariva ma era sempre senza valore)

Edited by gino8080
added screenshot

1 hour ago, gino8080 said:

and I don't have anymore the GPU DIE sensor to drag (i had when using VirtualSMC but it was always without values)

ITALIAN: "Certo ma no mi appare proprio il cazzillo da draggare, prima usando VirtualSmc mi appariva ma era sempre senza valore)

Think only way's is uninstall and then reboot/reinstall istat... (I've 6.31 and it work well...)

...maybe iStat hate ur Vega LoL ...or it only work with downtown hackintosh for "no money people with RX" ahahahahahah xD

btw...I don't use FileVault...and I don't use script in the guide...but all works well and great...

ps on catalina, wake are "one key" start...no double (one for wake one for enter) like Mojave...and...no more {censored} message "usb not eject properly" after wake!!!! (for me patch in Glasgod guide don't work in Mojave)

so...

at this point...definitely my first work goes on this build.

Ps Pr AE and Capture 1 definitely goes on here!

Start producing lol

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 1

I'm having daily kernel panics, based on the panic log I guess it has to do with hands off app I am using... anyone else experience same issues with this app?

I like this app, I'm using it because I want to have a control for incoming and outgoing connections of my system 

attached latest kernel panic log

Thanks!

Kernel_2019-08-25-194043_Panagiotis-Hackintosh.panic

I'm having daily kernel panics, based on the panic log I guess it has to do with hands off app I am using... anyone else experience same issues with this app?

I like this app, I'm using it because I want to have a control for incoming and outgoing connections of my system 

attached latest kernel panic log

Thanks!
Kernel_2019-08-25-194043_Panagiotis-Hackintosh.panic

I’ve used Little Snitch since years and never got a problem

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I used to use Little Snitch, I will give it a try and see if it will solve the issue. 

Mostly I care to know based on the log if indeed hands off causing the kernel panic. I couldn't find anything else to blame, at first I though that FakeSMC might cause the issue but noting in the logs indicated FakeSMC, and I used FakeSMC before and it worked fine...