AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2019 at 8:06 PM, AudioGod said:

I have now updated The EFI again for Catalina 10.15.1 to stop the system going to a black screen at install.

You are now totally safe to update Catalina Using This EFI.

Updated 30/10/2019

AudioGods Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT.zip - Use with Bios revision F11 Only (Catalina 10.15.1 Vega, Navi, Radeon VII DSDT Installed) 
AudioGods Z390 PRO EFI RX F11 DSDT.zip - Use with Bios revision F11 Only (Catalina 10.15.1 RX5XX DSDT Installed)

PLEASE NOTE - Please flash your motherboard bios to revision F11 to use my current EFI. It’s a major rework of the bios and vital changes have been made to the layout and power tables. New DSDTs have been created and installed into the new EFI’s but will not work correctly with any other bios revision.

Latest Gigabyte Z390 PRO BIOS (F11)

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f11.zip

Awesome AudioGod! How did you update the Pro EFI? I thought you didn't even have the motherboard anymore!? Also, won't we need to change at least the bios setting for that new bios aperture setting to work with 19,1? If so, do we need slide=0 anymore? Any other bios settings updates?

I've updated to 15.1 already, but with this new info I'm planning to try and update BIOS, switch to 19,1 and use your updated EFI.

Thanks!

Edited by tasc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tasc said:

Awesome AudioGod! How did you update the Pro EFI? I thought you didn't even have the motherboard anymore!? Also, won't we need to change at least the bios setting for that new bios aperture setting to work with 19,1? If so, do we need slide=0 anymore? Any other bios settings updates?

I've updated to 15.1 already, but with this new info I'm planning to try and update BIOS, switch to 19,1 and use your updated EFI.

Thanks!

I extracted my dsdt and sent to him to do the patching by Mald0n. Change your Aperture size from 256mb to 512 mb with the new bios. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, larabee said:

I extracted my dsdt and sent to him to do the patching by Mald0n. Change your Aperture size from 256mb to 512 mb with the new bios. 

Ah gotcha, thanks @larabee. Do you have any PCI devices in your machine besides video card? If you're running bluetooth device or wifi, etc, I think I may need a DSDT based on my slimmed down setup.

Also noticed a couple new boot arguments, what do these do?

agdpmod=pikera -cdfon

Edited by tasc

26 minutes ago, tasc said:

Ah gotcha, thanks @larabee. Do you have any PCI devices in your machine besides video card? If you're running bluetooth device or wifi, etc, I think I may need a DSDT based on my slimmed down setup.

Also noticed a couple new boot arguments, what do these do?

agdpmod=pikera -cdfon

I don't have any other PCI-E devices that need patching. I have a wifi/bluetooth card that works natively too. When I do the DSDT extraction, I already remove all unnecessary devices out of my system. 

agdpmod=pikera is an argument for WhateverGreen. It replaces board-id with board-ix in the binary file for your graphic card to work properly (only seems to work well if there's only one graphic card in the PCI-E slot)

-cdfon is another WhateverGreen magic to enable HDMI 2.0 on your graphic card. 

43 minutes ago, jardium666 said:

im testing 

AudioGods Z390 PRO EFI RX F11 DSDT.zip - Use with Bios revision F11 Only (Catalina 10.15.1 RX5XX DSDT Installed)

but i can't make to work my both monitors, any advice?

btw im using a rx580 red devil

Would you mind elaborating a little bit? Are you having problem with 2 displays? If so, what connectors are you using? Is your system working fine with 1 monitor? 

Edited by larabee

Thanks for the Catalina update. I would go for Catalina but Motu doesn't have drivers yet. I have the MicroBook IIc. I would go for BIOS F11 cause I have RAM problems with F10 but do you know if BIOS F11 works with your old EFI for Mojave 10.14.6?

6 minutes ago, larabee said:

I don't have any other PCI-E devices that need patching. I have a wifi/bluetooth card that works natively too. When I do the DSDT extraction, I already remove all unnecessary devices out of my system. 

agdpmod=pikera is an argument for WhateverGreen. It replaces board-id with board-ix in the binary file for your graphic card to work properly (only seems to work well if there's only one graphic card in the PCI-E slot)

-cdfon is another WhateverGreen magic to enable HDMI 2.0 on your graphic card. 

Would you mind elaborating a little bit? Are you having problem with 2 displays? If so, what connectors are you using? Is your system working fine with 1 monitor? 

Sorry for my explanation jejeje

i got 2 displays connected with DP, the GF has 3 DP but i just get video from one, can you help me?

6 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

Thanks for the Catalina update. I would go for Catalina but Motu doesn't have drivers yet. I have the MicroBook IIc. I would go for BIOS F11 cause I have RAM problems with F10 but do you know if BIOS F11 works with your old EFI for Mojave 10.14.6?

You can use the new EFI with BIOS F11 for Mojave. It works just fine

5 minutes ago, jardium666 said:

Sorry for my explanation jejeje

i got 2 displays connected with DP, the GF has 3 DP but i just get video from one, can you help me?

The RX580 should work natively without any patch. It may sound silly but did you check the input settings on your monitors to make sure it takes the DP signal. Then try different DP ports.

Double check your bios settings too. 

Edited by larabee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, larabee said:

You can use the new EFI with BIOS F11 for Mojave. It works just fine

The RX580 should work natively without any patch. It may sound silly but did you check the input settings on your monitors to make sure it takes the DP signal. Then try different DP ports.

Double check your bios settings too. 

i did check my bios setting, update my bios and both displays are set in DP input, in  10.15 everything works fine, neither play mp4   on preview

9 hours ago, tasc said:

Thanks!

Hi Buddy,

SMBios 19,1 works fine with the efi just enable the igpu and add slide=0 to the boot arguments.

if it fails to boot after you make the changes then don’t panic just pull the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two and that will reset the space free for memory allocation and it will boot again.

also on the new bios raise the bios aperture from 256mb too 512mb (experimental)

Ok thanks, I'm up and running on new DSDT and SMBios 19,1. For others making this switch, it's probably a good idea to log out of iCloud, Messages, and Facetime before switching up the SMBios and serial numbers.

I remember last time running on iMac19,1 with internal headless graphics, that we had to inject an ig-platform-id into device properties to make things correct: ig-platform-id = 0x3E980003

Is this still recommended?

On 10/30/2019 at 8:16 PM, AudioGod said:

For Sidecar to work you need to have your igpu enabled and also use smbios 19,1 plus your need the boot flag slide=0 and then Sidecar will work.

as for you oc, be warned as the new bios is so different that none of the power tables are the same so your overclock will more then likely need fine tuning again because of it. It’s a good thing though as the new bios is miles better :) 

Bios F11, your brand new EFI, but still struggling with Sidecar. With IGPU Enabled got an error as pictured, and with AUTO sidecar doesn't see my ipad (SMBIOS 19.1) 

IMG_7459.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

7 minutes ago, lygi said:

Bios F11, your brand new EFI, but still struggling with Sidecar. With IGPU Enabled got an error as pictured, and with AUTO sidecar doesn't see my ipad (SMBIOS 19.1) 

IMG_7459.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

You need to add the boot flag slide=0 to your clover config (you can also do it temporarily at the clover start up splash by pressing space and selecting slide=0)

and if it still doesn’t play ball then all you need to do is reset your bios by pulling out its battery from the motherboard for a minute and then load back bios defaults then put your settings back in and done.

igpu enabled in bios 

Edited by AudioGod

Slide=0 was already set. Will try the trick with battery

Hello guys!

please can you help me with my Pink screen pronlem?

I have Catalina 19A602

and 2 monitors attached

main with DVI to HDMI

and the secondary HDMI to HDMI 

and the Original EFI (i mean not the newest one)

When I awake screens from sleep, i got the secondary or both monitors with all colors PINK!!

after some second and mouse moves, pinks goes away, but the colors seems {censored}ed, white are too brights, like an overexposed photo!

Anyone got some hints?

maybe i need to update WhaterEvergreen or Lilu? or somehting like that?

please help!

Screenshot 2019-11-02 at 21.33.34.png

2 hours ago, gino8080 said:

Hello guys!

please can you help me with my Pink screen pronlem?

I have Catalina 19A602

and 2 monitors attached

main with DVI to HDMI

and the secondary HDMI to HDMI 

and the Original EFI (i mean not the newest one)

When I awake screens from sleep, i got the secondary or both monitors with all colors PINK!!

after some second and mouse moves, pinks goes away, but the colors seems {censored}ed, white are too brights, like an overexposed photo!

Anyone got some hints?

maybe i need to update WhaterEvergreen or Lilu? or somehting like that?

please help!

Screenshot 2019-11-02 at 21.33.34.png

just updated weg to 1.3.4 and your be fine again bud

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to use the new AppleTV app on Catalina? Strangely, I can't play any protected content on my mac (purchased iTunes movies, appleTV+ subscriptions) - the video window loads for a split second and then closes. I can play all the trailers and other unprotected content just fine. 

1 minute ago, tasc said:

Has anyone tried to use the new AppleTV app on Catalina? Strangely, I can't play any protected content on my mac (purchased iTunes movies, appleTV+ subscriptions) - the video window loads for a split second and then closes. I can play all the trailers and other unprotected content just fine. 

just a wild guess here but it could have something to do with the T2 chip not being there. You could try changing to smbios 19,1 with or without the igpu enabled and see if that resolves it. (If igpu enabled then add slide=0 and your probably need a battery bios reset to get it to boot in for the first time)