AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

Little Snitch for years...now switch to Radio Silence + iStat... all working good! ...try Hands Off for 'bout 1 week...uninstalled in 0 time...bug and yes, KP

Just now, panosru said:

@texem virtualSMC does not support GPU temps though... 

Where did you find SSDT-5.aml ? 

right, unfortunately one can not have all :wink_anim: 

SSDT-5.AML from origin DSDT, F4 Clover dump - not patched and loaded by Clover automatically until you drop OEM SSDT.

1 minute ago, texem said:

right, unfortunately one can not have all :wink_anim: 

I guess that is true :D

I'm trying to decipher that part: 

SSDT-5.AML from origin DSDT, F4 Clover dump - not patched and loaded by Clover automatically until you drop OEM SSDT.

:lol:

Ah ok, I thought you where talking about Clover Configurator and I was pressing F4 in Clover Configurator but nothing was happening, then I googled it :lol:

I will put 3-sec timer for clover to enter in it on boot :D

Could you let me know how I can decompile aml files? And once I decompile SSDT-5.aml what then? 

Thanks!

On 8/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, ilcondannato said:

Think only way's is uninstall and then reboot/reinstall istat... (I've 6.31 and it work well...)

...maybe iStat hate ur Vega LoL ...or it only work with downtown hackintosh for "no money people with RX" ahahahahahah xD

btw...I don't use FileVault...and I don't use script in the guide...but all works well and great...

ps on catalina, wake are "one key" start...no double (one for wake one for enter) like Mojave...and...no more {censored} message "usb not eject properly" after wake!!!! (for me patch in Glasgod guide don't work in Mojave)

so...

at this point...definitely my first work goes on this build.

Ps Pr AE and Capture 1 definitely goes on here!

Start producing lol

:thumbsup_anim:

Finally solved simply using leaving only VirtualSMC and the nice  HWMonitorSMC2 app!

2111221670_Screenshot2019-08-26at21_54_34.png.958d48d87360a5d8b36b9c0ea7183bd6.png

Nice to know that we are ready for Catalina!! :thumbsup_anim:

I kind of like iStat Menus because it combines many things and it is very detailed about each aspect you monitor; thus I'm gonna stick with what I have for now and try to fix the DSDT to be able to see fans as well

I kind of like iStat Menus because it combines many things and it is very detailed about each aspect you monitor; thus I'm gonna stick with what I have for now and try to fix the DSDT to be able to see fans as well

I’d like too but can’t make it work for gpu die

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I’d like too but can’t make it work for gpu die

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

@gino8080 I did made GPU Die work as you can see in the following screenshot:

image.png.38cfb987fefa160af38ca3e46d16aacf.png

but I do not have fan indicators, so I'm unable to see CPU Fan RPM's, and it is kind of important for me for my reasons.

I did that by replacing VirtualSMC with FakeSMC, BUT I do not suggest it to anyone, and I quote @AudioGod:

FakeSMC is an older no longer supported version of virtual smc. The problem is it’s no better then virtual smc  and as time goes on it’s going to get more and more troublesome.

glasgood gave up using fakesmc because of how it was affecting different systems including he’s own.

thus; I'm suggesting you stick with HWMonitorSMC2 since it works perfectly fine, I will do it as well, and I will keep iStat Menus for Memory, Network, HDD and Time until maybe an update of VirtualSMC will make iStat Menus being able to detect GPU as well.

Edited by panosru
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, panosru said:

iStat Menus is showing Fan1 and Fan2 speeds for me, using VirtualSMC 1.0.7. I'm not sure which fans those correspond to - they are running around 860 to 930rpm. I'd imagine one is the CPU fan. Are you referring to some other fans not showing up?

11 hours ago, panosru said:

Could you let me know how I can decompile aml files? And once I decompile SSDT-5.aml what then? 

Thanks!

Take a look for "MaciASL" ACPI Table Decompiler/Compiler.

8 hours ago, panosru said:

@gino8080 I did made GPU Die work as you can see in the following screenshot:

but I do not have fan indicators, so I'm unable to see CPU Fan RPM's, and it is kind of important for me for my reasons.

I did that by replacing VirtualSMC with FakeSMC, BUT I do not suggest it to anyone, and I quote @AudioGod:

thus; I'm suggesting you stick with HWMonitorSMC2 since it works perfectly fine, I will do it as well, and I will keep iStat Menus for Memory, Network, HDD and Time until maybe an update of VirtualSMC will make iStat Menus being able to detect GPU as well.

The author of VirtualSMC wrote he wants to be most compatible to original Hardware with completely new written code and has no plans to integrate more sensors like f.i. FSMC with plugins does. This is why our "iMacPro" only has 2 fans in iStat .

No idea why Hwmonitor is able to show us all 5 possible fans and btw: there are forks for FSMC and some development still exist.

u9t435543

This wAFAIdderwe tretrertetgdfgdfgfdtretreterretreter4

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hackinbot said:

iStat Menus is showing Fan1 and Fan2 speeds for me, using VirtualSMC 1.0.7. I'm not sure which fans those correspond to - they are running around 860 to 930rpm. I'd imagine one is the CPU fan. Are you referring to some other fans not showing up?

With VirtualSMC I'm also able to see Fan1 and Fan2, and I also assume they correspond to my water colling fans. They run at ~950rpm, of course with VirtualSMC I'm not getting GPU temp in iStat, I'm able to see GPU temp with HWMonistor SMC2.

Also in HWMonitor SMC2 fan indicators, Fan0 and Fan4 indicate my CPU fans, and Fan1 indicate a fan I have on the backside of the tower.

@texem thanks a lot for the info! I was digging in GitHub yesterday, indeed there are many FakeSMC forks out there, I think I'm gonna stick with the flow, VirtualSMC is young in comparison to FakeSMC, but is it's successor so I believe further development will be done and maybe a 3rd party plugin will allow to have GPU stats as well, nothing to rush about I think.

I removed the GPU Die from iStat Menus and placed HWMonitor SMC2 next to it to show my GPU temp:

image.png.6fdcd3cb39d18193f1fbe11e3939e27d.png

The only thing that I would love to have in HWMonistor SMC2 is to not dim the menu bar when you are not in Finder. For instance when I switch from Finder to any other app, the menubar dim:

image.png.0b58c503bc152566516daa6887ccb870.png

I know that this is the native macOS behaviour, but I would like to have an option to not dim :)

Cheers!

20 hours ago, panosru said:

With VirtualSMC I'm also able to see Fan1 and Fan2, and I also assume they correspond to my water colling fans. They run at ~950rpm, of course with VirtualSMC I'm not getting GPU temp in iStat, I'm able to see GPU temp with HWMonistor SMC2.

Also in HWMonitor SMC2 fan indicators, Fan0 and Fan4 indicate my CPU fans, and Fan1 indicate a fan I have on the backside of the tower.

@texem thanks a lot for the info! I was digging in GitHub yesterday, indeed there are many FakeSMC forks out there, I think I'm gonna stick with the flow, VirtualSMC is young in comparison to FakeSMC, but is it's successor so I believe further development will be done and maybe a 3rd party plugin will allow to have GPU stats as well, nothing to rush about I think.

I removed the GPU Die from iStat Menus and placed HWMonitor SMC2 next to it to show my GPU temp:

The only thing that I would love to have in HWMonistor SMC2 is to not dim the menu bar when you are not in Finder. For instance when I switch from Finder to any other app, the menubar dim:

I know that this is the native macOS behaviour, but I would like to have an option to not dim :)

Cheers!

Try changing View Preferences theme

This is mine, and that it do NOT dim when I change app, only when I change focus monitor, the secondary is dimmed 

208759817_Screenshot2019-08-28at10_01_47.png.d9d71bd1b27a99461a79cd9d250c4986.png

@gino8080 Goos morning! Ah I see, the same behaviour from my side too, when I switch monitors then it dimms. Well would be cool if it didn't but what the heck :D

Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 at 7:43 AM, panosru said:

How did you get the GPU Temp from HWMonitorSMC2 to show up in the Menu Bar? I'm unable to drag anything from HWMonitorSMC2, and I don't see an option to display an item in the Menu Bar.

EDIT FOUND ANSWER: Figured it out - Just double-click the item in the panel and it'll get promoted to the Menu Bar.

Edited by hackinbot
Answer

HWMonitorSMC2 is showing the RX580 as using over 100W power at idle... !!

How realistic is this? Or is the sensor unreliable? This card is supposed to idle around 16W - 30W.

Actually... the GPU core clock and memory clock are also maxed out... constantly. Am I possibly missing some kext to control the GPU's power?

I'm using AudioGod's EFI with some additional drivers for FileVault.

2019-08-28 at 2.35 PM.png

1 minute ago, hackinbot said:

HWMonitorSMC2 is showing the RX580 as using over 100W power at idle... !!

How realistic is this? Or is the sensor unreliable? This card is supposed to idle around 16W - 30W.

Actually... the GPU core clock and memory clock are also maxed out... constantly. Am I possibly missing some kext to control the GPU's power?

Would you please run the following script in terminal and post your result back here: 

while sleep 1; do clear;ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Clock'; done

3 minutes ago, larabee said:

Would you please run the following script in terminal and post your result back here: 

while sleep 1; do clear;ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Clock'; done

"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=971
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1078
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1067
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1019
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1103
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1100
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1112
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1141
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050

Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, hackinbot said:

"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=971
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1078
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1067
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1019
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1103
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1100
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1112
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=1141
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=2050

Any ideas?

The results are the same as hardware monitor SMC, so the software is reporting the right numbers. Looks like your card got stuck at max speed all the time... and the Wattage draw is typical for RX580. 

Do you run any kind of software in the background? I recommend you remove all monitoring software / Kext then run the script again. My vega 56/64, RX570 , and radeon VII are working perfectly fine with the same monitor setup and yours. 

Also, when look at your VRAM usage, it's almost 2/3 full. That must be something that's been using your card....

Edited by larabee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, larabee said:

The results are the same as hardware monitor SMC, so the software is reporting the right numbers. Looks like your card got stuck at max speed all the time... and the Wattage draw is typical for RX580. 

Do you run any kind of software in the background? I recommend you remove all monitoring software / Kext then run the script again. My vega 56/64, RX570 , and radeon VII are working perfectly fine with the same monitor setup and yours. 

Also, when look at your VRAM usage, it's almost 2/3 full. That must be something that's been using your card....

You're right, it was just "stuck". I ran the OpenCL Geekbench test, then opened up the HWMonitorSMC2 pane to see if the frequencies would change - and the machine did the white screen freeze lockup. After power cycling the hack, the GPU core now fluctuates between 460-1000MHz. GPU Memory is locked at 2050MHz. I may have a faulty card - got it really cheap. I suspect maybe it was used for crypto mining.

Do your cards report the correct amount of total VRAM in HWMonitorSMC2? Mine adds up to around 3.25GB even though it's reported as a 4GB card in MacOS.

1 minute ago, hackinbot said:

You're right, it was just "stuck". I ran the OpenCL Geekbench test, then opened up the HWMonitorSMC2 pane to see if the frequencies would change - and the machine did the white screen freeze lockup. After power cycling the hack, the GPU core now fluctuates between 460-1000MHz. GPU Memory is locked at 2050MHz. I may have a faulty card - got it really cheap. I suspect maybe it was used for crypto mining.

Do your cards report the correct amount of total VRAM in HWMonitorSMC2? Mine adds up to around 3.25GB even though it's reported as a 4GB card in MacOS.

My Radeon VII memory clock is also stuck at max in both the hack and windows (a known issue with the VII). But my RX570 / Vega never has this before. I highly recommend that you remove all monitoring kext / software then do a cold reboot and run the script to check mem clock again. 

with 4GB of VRAM, you will always get around 3.25 GB usable, that's normal. 

1 hour ago, larabee said:

My Radeon VII memory clock is also stuck at max in both the hack and windows (a known issue with the VII). But my RX570 / Vega never has this before. I highly recommend that you remove all monitoring kext / software then do a cold reboot and run the script to check mem clock again. 

with 4GB of VRAM, you will always get around 3.25 GB usable, that's normal. 

Uninstalled iStat and HWMonitor. I never added any monitoring Kexts. Cold reboot. Found out that the Nitro+ series of video cards have 2 BIOS's which are selected using a dip switch on the card. Switched it over to the "quiet" BIOS position. Here's the results:

"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=337
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=1750
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=48

The memory clock is always 1750. I'll install Win10 on the hack this weekend to see if this is a software or hardware issue.