AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

@larabee Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, I put my setup in my sig :)

I did some changes to my powering, so far I had zero crashes and zero issues, I played a lot and rendered a lot, worked fine, so I guess it was an issue with powering.

@gino8080, yes mate, it seems that kind of the same issue was with me, although I did not change anything inside my tower, I changed my powering setup for my PSU.

By the way, I have an old Samsung tab A tablet with 10.1-inch screen, I have mounted it on the wall right next to my three monitors and above my MacBook Pro (photo showed bellow), I use it mainly for monitoring cryptos, and some times some YouTube videos, a few days ago I install iDisplay app for Android and iDisplay driver in my mac and now I can use it as an external  monitor and I can say it works G R E A T! I now use it to have trading view in full screen there and Spotify as well, also some small apps that I don't want to bother having them in one of my 3 monitors (for instance torrents).

IMG-20190518-WA0000.thumb.jpg.964059db1b30d753aed1562e760fed0a.jpg

That photo is a bit old, I have replaced my Matias Keyboard for a DAS Professional 4 for Mac with Blue switches, it is more than perfect! And the soundbar to a Horizon, much bigger and much better!

image.png.c00b3a12c94d6df54f99e16015efb447.png

Edited by panosru
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, panosru said:

@larabee Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, I put my setup in my sig :)

I did some changes to my powering, so far I had zero crashes and zero issues, I played a lot and rendered a lot, worked fine, so I guess it was an issue with powering.

Amazing working station my friend. What did you change in your PSU? 

@larabee I did not change my PSU, I changed my UPS because it produced some strange noises that weren't normal, I'm not yet sure if that was the cause of the issue, but so far I didn't have any crashes or freezes or kernel panics.

I'm glad you like my working station! :D

Just now, panosru said:

I'm glad you like my working station! :D

Your setup is awesome buddy. I’m not so sure about the Dustbin Lid Pro sitting to the right or your hack though...:hyper::hyper:

When a ups starts go to bad they tend to fluctuate really badly so that would explain your problems. Put a meter or a scope across your ups and see if it’s holding steady?  

@AudioGod hahahaha :lol: I only use it for trading now :P:P It had its good days, not it's time to rest :P

Well, it was new, but I guess it had issues, I will buy a meter. I always say that I will, but I always pass by the store without me buying it lol I also had a power regulator plug, and when I removed it with the new UPS things got much better, so I guess that might also play a small role to the whole issue. At least now I'm able to gank people in WoW without the fear of my screen turn off :lol:

3 hours ago, ilcondannato said:

Just bought this....

same card here, works perfect. 

Hint: do not operate your hack in very low distance to your router/access point - it involves bluetooth and you might get mouse lagging

I enabled Wifi but not logged in WLAN, just for Airdrop operating.

2 minutes ago, texem said:

same card here, works perfect. 

Hint: do not operate your hack in very low distance to your router/access point - it involves bluetooth and you might get mouse lagging

I enabled Wifi but not logged in WLAN, just for Airdrop operating.

Me too, works great. :) 

16 hours ago, hackinbot said:

... and I'm using this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Band-1750Mbps-PCI-E-Mac-OS-Hackintosh-Adapter-BCM94360CD-Wifi-Card-BT-4-0-/192542948048

Worked 100% OOTB with AudioGod's EFI, without any additional kexts.

I like fenvi....but....here will cost too much! About 90€ ...so...bought adwb for 45€ ... i like aliexpress too but....need it in human time...lol 45days are too long lol ...

1 hour ago, ilcondannato said:

I like fenvi....but....here will cost too much! About 90€ ...so...bought adwb for 45€ ... i like aliexpress too but....need it in human time...lol 45days are too long lol ...

It says 45days on my order but the package appears at my door around 7-10 days. Any slowdown is due to custom. Some how US custom is faster than EU haha. 

@AudioGod I finally get a chance (or a reason) to change my case: radeon VII runs too hot on my old case, so I get the coolermaster H500M. are all USB type C ports working with your efi (one the in back and one through the motherboard header? I haven't tested them all). 

2 hours ago, larabee said:

@AudioGod I finally get a chance (or a reason) to change my case: radeon VII runs too hot on my old case, so I get the coolermaster H500M. are all USB type C ports working with your efi (one the in back and one through the motherboard header? I haven't tested them all). 

Nice case buddy and yes your totally good to go. I use usb c daily via my front and rear headers with no problems. :)

Edited by AudioGod

16 hours ago, larabee said:

It says 45days on my order but the package appears at my door around 7-10 days. Any slowdown is due to custom. Some how US custom is faster than EU haha. 

Here the problem are custom.... china/shenzen / bergamo(Italy custom) about 36/48h .....Bergamo / my door (about 170km) 36/48 days ahahahahahahah 

New abwb just arrived today...plug...and voilà! all works OOB ...only on winZoz some problem...wifi too slow (very slow) and bt sometimes don't work...btw...I've BT mouse...but...paired ok...works great!!! ...but if I restart...need to pair another time............very strange...my system don't remember my mouse...maybe he hate him... xD lol

just update to Catalina beta 7...bt work well now! No pairing problem after wake/restart ..... :yoji:

Problem remains on windows side...btw....I will investigate...lol ahahah

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 1

I just tried this EFI build and it works great istat menus, iMessage, handoff, all working as they would on a real Mac.  Well done.  I'm only having an issue with "instant wake" when it goes to sleep.  Worked fine with the tweak on the Aorus Z390 Pro Glasgood build, for my Corsiar aio.  I was wondering if that fix is still valid for this implementation.  I don't want to have a non bootable pc by going about this the wrong way.  Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Hifi33 said:

I just tried this EFI build and it works great istat menus, iMessage, handoff, all working as they would on a real Mac.  Well done.  I'm only having an issue with "instant wake" when it goes to sleep.  Worked fine with the tweak on the Aorus Z390 Pro Glasgood build, for my Corsiar aio.  I was wondering if that fix is still valid for this implementation.  I don't want to have a non bootable pc by going about this the wrong way.  Thanks. 

I’m glad it’s working for you buddy.

as for the Corsair AIO,

disconnect it’s internal usb from the motherboards internal header. 

You don’t need it as it does nothing in MacOS and only works via windows so if you want to change the fan speeds or colours just reconnect it and boot into windows, do your thing and remove it again.

i think that is the best way to deal with it buddy. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

If anyone need it:

driver bootcamp for ABWB pic-e card (BCM943602CS) for Win 10 ...

(BT need to install, then going to "device manager" , select bluetooth with "?" then upgrade driver, select "find driver" on the left, select "Apple Inc.", then Broadcom, then install and ignore warning message)

Driver attached

Attention: Driver are for Win8 but it works well for Win10 too

:-)

AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller64.exe

BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe

Edited by ilcondannato

2 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

If anyone need it:

driver bootcamp for ABWB pic-e card (BCM943602CS) for Win 10 ...

(BT need to install, then going to "device manager" , select bluetooth with "?" then upgrade driver, select "find driver" on the left, select "Apple Inc.", then Broadcom, then install and ignore warning message)

Driver attached

Attention: Driver are for Win8 but it works well for Win10 too

:-)

AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller64.exe

BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe

I have the windows 10 version of the drivers if you want them buddy?

il post them for you later :)

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

I have the windows 10 version of the drivers if you want them buddy?

il post them for you later :)

Oh tnx! ...btw...in win my wifi work great only on 2.4g ...5g is very very very slow... uhm... maybe with win10 dev...will try then go back for rapport of investigation! "Sherlock Holmes Mode On" ahahah

3 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

Oh tnx! ...btw...in win my wifi work great only on 2.4g ...5g is very very very slow... uhm... maybe with win10 dev...will try then go back for rapport of investigation! "Sherlock Holmes Mode On" ahahah

yeah must be the drivers, both bands work fine for me or actually have you checked for interference?

@ilcondannatotry changing frequency for the 5g band on your router?

use a WiFi scanner and look and see what’s around you?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I’m glad it’s working for you buddy.

as for the Corsair AIO,

disconnect it’s internal usb from the motherboards internal header. 

You don’t need it as it does nothing in MacOS and only works via windows so if you want to change the fan speeds or colours just reconnect it and boot into windows, do your thing and remove it again.

i think that is the best way to deal with it buddy. :) 

Thanks!