AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

That patch is meant for things like usb2 internal hubs forcing wake like Corsair AIOs for example.

If you have a issue with sleep and it’s not connected to the above then all your doing is covering up a problem. That’s fine but it’s not a fix.

if you had a deep gash in your arm that needed stitches a plaster may cover it up but won’t make it better. You get what I mean?

@AudioGod thanks for clarifying that up! I troubleshooted the issue for a few hours but I couldn't find what caused the issue, although what was happing actually was that after I put my hack to sleep after a few seconds (sometimes a couple other times 10 - 15 seconds) it woke up (the monitors were still turned off), it done something and then after a few seconds it returned back to sleep. That could also repeat after a few hours (I suspect time machine), but with the patch so far it doesn't do anything like it, plus I really like that I don't wake my hack with the keyboard, I prefer pressing the power button.

That’s called power nap bud.

It semi wakes itself up to check Mail, download iCloud pictures messages, etc etc.

Totally normal behaviour but if you wanna turn it off then uncheck power nap in energy saver

Edited by AudioGod

@AudioGod I had power nap unchecked already, but it still was waking up for a few seconds and then it went back to sleep, besides I really prefer to wake up my computer via power button and not the keyboard :D

@AudioGod i will sell my rx5700xt and i need to move to internal gpu, can u help me with new OC setup ??

i think the price of 5700xt is mad now and its a chance for a cheap jump into M1

1 hour ago, mariodj said:

@AudioGod i will sell my rx5700xt and i need to move to internal gpu, can u help me with new OC setup ??

i think the price of 5700xt is mad now and its a chance for a cheap jump into M1

Mine just died lol and no way im buying at the moment be lucky if i could get a gt710 at current prices, tried the Ocore guide for adding in the relevant entries but just get crashes, so may just go back to hooking up my macbook pro to the monitor instead until i can work it our meself.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, panosru said:

@AudioGod thanks for clarifying that up! I troubleshooted the issue for a few hours but I couldn't find what caused the issue, although what was happing actually was that after I put my hack to sleep after a few seconds (sometimes a couple other times 10 - 15 seconds) it woke up (the monitors were still turned off), it done something and then after a few seconds it returned back to sleep. That could also repeat after a few hours (I suspect time machine), but with the patch so far it doesn't do anything like it, plus I really like that I don't wake my hack with the keyboard, I prefer pressing the power button.

My sleep has never worked. Could never figure it out so I haven't bothered with it. Would love to figure it out. I always thought it had something to do with the wireless card. Two different ones have done the same thing. My AIO cooler is disconnected from the internal USB, though I do have a bracket with two extra USB ports plugged in the internal USB connector. Maybe that is it and I do need the patch that panosru used.

EDIT

Well, well. That is exactly what my system needed. That, along with Jettison to eject my external Backup drive, I now have working sleep after years! Question, how do I set a different time for display sleep vs. system sleep?

EDIT

Found the terminal commands. Google is your friend! Doh!

Now if I could only figure out why Time machine stopped working years ago. ^_^

Edited by pkdesign

On 3/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, mariodj said:

I just installed Big Sur from scratch with a few amendments to the OP OC Efi, so far all is working as far as i can tell. If you want a copy of the plist pm me and ill bung it across

Just trying the booting from USB stick with latest EFI and than booting my normal macOS partitions. It fails with 

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

based on 

you need to make some changes 

Since 0.6.1 is AppleSecureBoot implemented. Add in your config.plist into Misc-Security string key named SecureBootModel with value Disabled. (Page 45 of official manual) 

which should be https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/security/applesecureboot.html#what-is-apple-secure-boot

Does somebody has a How-To to switch to secure boot with OC? On the other side as this can be disabled I probably keep it that way till there is a reason to enable it.

on top of that, I will need to replace my motherboard and I have two installs of macOS, one is the normal used install, and one is a full backup of it.. wonder if I need to make some changes because of that too.

The NVRAM is saved in the "harddrive" or the Bios? Would just copying over the EFI from one disk to the other disk be enough even with AppleSecureBoot?

36 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

Is there no one using the optical out on this board ??? would be interested to see how you got it to work.

Sorry not me no, I only use the internal audio for alarts quick playback via my crappy speakers or gaming. Everything else goes though my DAC.

43 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

Is there no one using the optical out on this board ??? would be interested to see how you got it to work.

Yes, "It just works" :)

Sound set to Digital Out, optical cable from port on motherboard to amp. 

Plist - ALCID = 7 

Edited by jimborae
  • Like 1

A while ago I posted about my display being over sized .. or should I say incorrect resolution during boot (boot logo, OS selection screen and apple logo), I played about today and confirmed I was stuck at 1080p on a ultrawide monitor. Turns out it only happens using displayport, HDMI is fine and everything displays as it should but Im limited to 100Hz now rather than 144hz. If anyone knows a reason / fix for Displayport that would be great, I appreciate this is not really a Hackintosh issue but as most here have the same hardware its probably a good place to try. Ive ordered a new HDMI 2.1 cable anyway in case mines ancient and not up to spec.  

@AudioGod Thanks so much for your hard work. I've been postponing the update of my 10.14 system, but the time had come where I had to do it. By just copy/pasting your setup I got everything up and running in like 2 hours (incl. making the bootable installer and the install itself). Everything just worked out of the box. I don't think I've ever had a smoother experience in the 10+ years of me doing hackintosh installs. So thank you for sharing this. 

In case anyone else is wondering, I did this with the F12L BIOS version and it went fine (the guide mentions F12K, which isn't available for download on the official site anymore).

• Like 2

OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 5th April 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.2,
  • AppleALC 1.5.9,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.8 (Big Sur 11.3 Ready),
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons,
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs,

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.8 - 05/04/2021

OC 068 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 068 1,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 4/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, AudioGod said:

Sounds like you didn’t clear your nvram between EFIs as The SecureBootModel is set correctly for both EFIs.

Disable it or have it set to j137 or default.

I tried booting with the usb stick which has the new EFI and cleared the NVRAM, still same issue.

Do I need to boot from the original Harddrive and clear the NVRAM there?

For those who are using bootchime, I noticed that if I left AudioGod's settings under UEFI>Audio>AudioOut=3 I got no chime. When I went back to my older config and used 0, I got a bootchime.

Warning: Your mileage may vary :)

Thanks @AudioGod updated without any issues as well!

Only question I have is if we should be using the ROM address you have listed? I used the instructions for creating a ROM here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html#serial-number-validity but didn't see the first 6 of the Mac address you are using appear in the provided list https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/raw/master/manuf?

Edited by stavidawg