AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Fenvi is a make and they produce clones of the original cards. I’ve never liked them and if I was to give you a number of how many times people have had problems with them it would be in the high 100s. This is why I am not a fan of them and don’t endorse them. Especially the T919. 

But do i need those kext? And if so could you help me please with them, I dont getting wich ones I actually need?

Just did my first build from source of the OpenCorePkg-master folder, because after I updated to 11.3, macOS expected (but ran fine without) a new iMac19,1 firmware version, that acidanthera had updated to emulate in the latest 069 build. Not wanting to wait (and having backed everything up, in case of borkage), I built 069, ported over anything new to my EFI & while I needed to update my config.plist "CustomDelays" field from string to boolean and set it at as false (just as a quick nag on bootup; not preventing bootup), it seems to work fine for basic (not heavily tested) use.

I'll look forward (and update) to AG's 069 Aorus Z390 Pro/WiFi update in May, should he choose to provide it, because something tells me he'll be more thorough than I was with really scouring Differences.pdf for helpful/necessary changes to config.plist settings. I kinda wonder, for example, whether the new Quirks Property "EnableVectorAcceleration" is going to be at all salient to performance with what any of us do with Coffee Lake gen 8/9 processors. Won't put them in M1 speed/power consumption territory, in any event… :P

More practically, I wonder whether any of the audio changes will affect Music DRM; I’ve only tried with this updated EFI since 11.3, but stations seem to have trouble playing while songs on playlists do not have such trouble.

UPDATE: I've tried it with my old 068 EFI, then the new (pre)069 EFI, and now stations work again; must have been an intermittent server issue. Never mind.

Edited by juan e. jot
Removed audio concern.
  • Like 1

Hello!

Could someone help me configure wake on lan? I'm trying to do some home automation and my goal is to be able to power up my computer remotely (from within the home network though).

I have enabled wake on lan in two places in BIOS, I checked "Wake for Ethernet network access" from System Preferences -> Energy Saver, I have also run "sudo pmset -a networkoversleep 1", I'm not sure if I have to change /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist from:

<array>
    <string>/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder</string>
  </array>

to:

<array>
        <string>/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder</string>
        <string>-UseInternalSleepProxy</string>
        <string>0</string>
    </array>

I haven't done that part yet as I'm not sure what it does exactly.

Also previously I applied the  SSDT-GPRW patch (which I like that I only can wake up my computer from power button), could it be that it also prevents wake on lan when the computer is powered off?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I removed the patch, and the wake on lan works from sleep, but not when the pc is powered off :/

UPDATE2:

I found this kext IntelMausi-WOL, and it enables WOL for macOS, I'm not sure if anyone tried it before, I guess I replace InteliMausi with that kext to make it work?

UPDATE3:

I'm not sure why, but after I shut down my PC the power button wasn’t working; thus I could not turn it back on, it took me about an hour of troubleshooting and a couple of pants changing, once I turned it on, I reverted EVERYTHING back to as they were and about WOL, thanks, but no thanks! :D

Edited by panosru

@AudioGod : Thanks for all your work on this! 

Very quick question before upgrading, Is MacOS Big Sur works well with the Clover update from April ? :-)

Have a nice weekend! :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, Myfz said:

@AudioGod : Thanks for all your work on this! 

Very quick question before upgrading, Is MacOS Big Sur works well with the Clover update from April ? :-)

Have a nice weekend! :thumbsup_anim:

No, I stopped supporting Clover.

OpenCore only for BigSur via me I’m afraid.

the latest version of clover works fine with big sur but you will need to update my EFI to it to use the OS.

Go with OpenCore, you won’t regret it.

• Like 1

OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.4 Ready), 3rd May 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.0,
  • IntelMausi 1.0.6,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.9 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons,
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs,

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.9 - 03/05/2021

OC 069 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip  - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 069 1,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 069 19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMac19, IGPU ONLY

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.4 Ready), 3rd May 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

[]

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.9 - 03/05/2021

[] - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMac19,1

[] - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 069 19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.9, SMBios iMac19, IGPU ONLY

Wow! That was fast; I had literally JUST booted with my own tweaks to 069 final, and out you come with yours! I'm off to try it…

One minor question, though: are the top two just mis-labeled as Z390 Master, or have you merged the Z390 Master and Pro EFIs? Thanks!

Edited by juan e. jot
Delete attachments to wrong files at AG request

4 hours ago, juan e. jot said:

Wow! That was fast; I had literally JUST booted with my own tweaks to 069 final, and out you come with yours! I'm off to try it…

One minor question, though: are the top two just mis-labeled as Z390 Master, or have you merged the Z390 Master and Pro EFIs? Thanks!

Oh {censored}, my mistake. Will fix that right now..lol

@juan e. jot All Fixed...lol (could you delete my attachments on your reply pointing out my mistake please bud?)

Edited by AudioGod

35 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Oh {censored}, my mistake. Will fix that right now..lol

@juan e. jot All Fixed...lol (could you delete my attachments on your replay pointing out my mistake please bud?)

No worries, works like a charm!

Now to read the (publicly disclosed) entrails tea leaves of what the heck they changed for "security" in 11.3.1… Not lovin' that gibMacOS doesn't have it yet, but I suppose 11.3 is a good fallback, anyway. Now they do. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by juan e. jot
less gross idiom & factual gibMacOS update
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blesh said:

Same here, AudioGod is OCGod :thumbsup_anim:

:hysterical: I’m far from it bud, I’m like a journalist, I know a little about everything and and a whole lot about nothing.

I should of been a physicist…  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tried the latest version of opencore, added my mac to the config.plist like document and I still have 3 issues in MacOS (Windows10 still fine):

1) Secure Boot doesnt' work

2) USB doesn't work

3) Second Monitor on the GPU doesn't work.

1) can be worked around by disabling the secure boot

2) with the quirks and probably my own usb config this might work, just wonder why it doesn't work out of the box

3) Also weird

Could it be because of me going from 1.1 to 19.1 on an Aorus Master and now switched to a Aorus Pro?

Is anyone here using apps that require SIP to be disabled? (for example AdGuard, Navicat and a few others?)

I wonder if there is a way in OpenCore to set SIP in such way that it won't disabled SIP completely so that the apps could work but also the systems update could also as it is kind of pain in the ass to enable SIP, reboot, run software update, then reboot, then disable sip and then reboot again...

In OpenCore website they state "Enabling CSR_ALLOW_UNAUTHENTICATED_ROOT and CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL are common options that can break OS updates for users", but I can't find a way to get a hex with all SIP flags disabled except the above, jus to try it and see if it works.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

It seems that setting csr-active-config from FF0F0000 to EF0F0000 worked just fine, so far my apps that require SIP disabled are working and Apple updates are also working.

Btw, SIP is a core OS mechanism that secures your OS and prevents malicious software; thus it is not recommended to disable it, proceed with caution and only when necessary.

UPDATE2:

Updated to 11.3.1 without any issue, thanks @AudioGod for the great EFI!

Edited by panosru
Solved.
  • Like 1

@cabal2000 USB ports may have different current limits.  The message is not necessarily an error.  Check the power specs on your USB ports.  For example, my rig has a "high current" Type-A Gen-1 USB port intended for charging devices (designated by a lightning bolt printed below the port) that is rated at 1.5A.  My Type-C port is a USB 3.1 Gen-2 port that is rated at 3A.  Depending on the USB device's required charging current (e.g. some iPads have higher charging current requirements), if I plug the USB device into my Type-A port, I get the USB warning.  If I plug the device into the Type-C port (with a USB adapter), I don't get the warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyx86 said:

@cabal2000 USB ports may have different current limits.  The message is not necessarily an error.  Check the power specs on your USB ports.  For example, my rig has a "high current" Type-A Gen-1 USB port intended for charging devices (designated by a lightning bolt printed below the port) that is rated at 1.5A.  My Type-C port is a USB 3.1 Gen-2 port that is rated at 3A.  Depending on the USB device's required charging current (e.g. some iPads have higher charging current requirements), if I plug the USB device into my Type-A port, I get the USB warning.  If I plug the device into the Type-C port (with a USB adapter), I don't get the warning.

Thanks for the reply. I am doing nothing special, plugging in normal usb2 and/or usb3 stick and I get the error. Should I maybe disable the red usb 3.1 ports?? Don't have any devices that would take advantage of it.

@cabal2000 If you're getting the message with a USB stick (which draws very little current), then the problem you describe is different from what I experienced and from what I described.  In your case, search for the message.  You'll find others who have experienced this problem (after not experiencing it before) and solved it by unplugging the PC for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in.  Sorry I don't have a confirmed solution for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texem said:

btw: with BigSur 11.3.1 some people are having issues with (some) USB ports.

Recreation of USBMap.kext can help. There is a nice python tool on GIT-Hub.

That's pretty much what happened to me. Was working until BigSur. It's been like it for awhile but now its really getting on my nerves. So I figured I start playing with it to figure out. Do you know of a good thread where they fixed it. I've been looking but there is just way to much info out there!!!

@texem thanks a ton! I also had an issue with my Cam Link 4k not being recognised for some reason when I directly connect it to any of my USB3 ports, but it worked through my USB3 hub... go figure... by plugging my devices to the places where I need them to be and rebuilding the USBMap.kext, worked like a charm!

This is my usb ports output from hackintool, I think everything seems to be ok :D

image.thumb.png.6a4060f2242280756117aeb55cc55e31.png

Edited by panosru

8 minutes ago, cabal2000 said:

That's pretty much what happened to me. Was working until BigSur. It's been like it for awhile but now its really getting on my nerves. So I figured I start playing with it to figure out. Do you know of a good thread where they fixed it. I've been looking but there is just way to much info out there!!!

This screen shot is telling me 2 very different things. It has 1100625497_ScreenShot2021-05-09at10_16_53AM.thumb.png.47a29c2cfc41978485f71e25777ab461.pnga mind of its own 

@cabal2000 same is happening for me as well (I updated my previous post), but everything seems to be working fine.

UPDATE:

Also keep in mind that the devices USB 3 hubs that are plugged in USB3 are registered two times because a USB3 port is working both as a USB3 and as a USB2 port; thus you may see the same device USB 3 hub connected in USB3 and USB2 (like I have for example with 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub and 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub, it is the same device but is listed two times because of the above mentioned mechanism. 

Now, about what I just said, I'm almost confident that this is the case, but if someone with in-depth knowledge about it can verify it, then I would be sure about it :D (just tested)

Edited by panosru
corrections
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, panosru said:

@cabal2000 same is happening for me as well (I updated my previous post), but everything seems to be working fine.

UPDATE:

Also keep in mind that the devices plugged in USB3 are registered two times because a USB3 port is working both as a USB3 and as a USB2 port; thus you may see the same device connected in USB3 and USB2 (like I have for example with 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub and 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub, it is the same device but is listed two times because of the above mentioned mechanism. 

Now, about what I just said, I'm almost confident that this is the case, but if someone with in-depth knowledge about it can verify it, then I would be sure about it :D

I am really questioning my PS. Its a older 750w unit. New one on order. 

I have having issues with the front usb ports on the case. I just tried another from another case I had kicking around but still the same thing. It's the USB3 header on the board. 

Front ports are not working in Bios either. 

Edited by cabal2000