AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2021 at 1:21 AM, AudioGod said:

If you want to 100% bypass OpenCore for Linux or Windows then just change the following in the Config.plist.

• Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> True
  • PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom

23 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Not if you do what I said in my last post it doesn’t. You can bypass everything OpenCore for any other OS by making the 2 changes I laid out above! And yes it does have a knock on effect of performance as I have discovered after many hours of testing and tying down little niggles on windows and Ubuntu via my Zen3 build.

It’s very small I admit but it’s there and from a gamers perspective it’s even more obvious if your trying to squeeze those extra FPS out. :thumbsup_anim:

23 hours ago, Cass67 said:

Ahaaa!! nice one, I'll give that a bash.. That didnt jump out at me in the config guide..  cheers fella.. that's exactly what I was looking for...

Hey bud.. 

Nah was not looking for anything specific just didn't like my hw being described as an iMac when not in OSX.. Had an idea something somewhere would end up being throttled due to power management or something...  Wanted to figure if there was a way of bypassing opencore magic when booting other os's...

Cheers

No problem, either way: I had read the bypass post, and it's great to know that's possible. My experience is not (heavily at all, given my RX580*) in gaming, but if eking out the extra FPS or not wanting to ID in other OSes as Mac hardware matter to you, by all means, have at it. Glad we all have options, and glad they are clear.  I simply answered the original call for comment, with what I knew of the answer.

*That ain't gettin' replaced any time soon due to everything being about twice MSRP where I am.

Edited by juan e. jot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, juan e. jot said:

No problem, either way: I had read the bypass post, and it's great to know that's possible. My experience is not (heavily at all, given my RX580*) in gaming, but if eking out the extra FPS or not wanting to ID in other OSes as Mac hardware matter to you, by all means, have at it. Glad we all have options, and glad they are clear.  I simply answered the original call for comment, with what I knew of the answer.

*That ain't gettin' replaced any time soon due to everything being about twice MSRP where I am.

All good fella .. i have a 580 and all i care about with it is that it works oob (mostly) with osx and that it works oob with Linux .. Windows.. well every thing works with that .. I didnt like seeing that linux showed me using an iMac when i was not, so seeking to remedy that .. all input welcome bud .. 

• Like 1

Hello, I have some jerky concerns

Cubase: Official software that I bought.
- I have a midi battery socket (with kontakt, and abbés road drums, purchased) which uses a lot of resources, while this computer is not lacking. Suddenly, on a song, the system usage is overwhelmed. Reading is jerky ...

- after a long day of work 4 hours ++ of cubase my vst performance was completely overloaded. I will try to take a screenshot for the next time.
- same export problem: it seems unusually long and jerky. When I export the system intermittently crashes and I can't do anything for a few seconds, then it comes back and then it starts over ...
- with VLC, which I use for audio and video playback. When I pick up a song (to do the sheet music), I often have to stop, play ... and sometimes I have to go back. If I go back during reading, it works, on the other hand if I take a break, and I go back, that BUG. I have to force close the software and reopen everything.

- and more things;

I look at the istat cpu and ram menu everything looks normal except when exporting but which seems quite normal to me (high CPU load.)

I am using Clover and Mojave with smbios imac 19.1. My processor is not overloaded.

I don't use drm (iTunes, Netflix, etc.). So do you think I can change my smbios to 1.1 headless and is there any chance that this fixes my problem?

I am also imagining switching my system to opencore without reinstallation. I read the doc on this via the github. I also did this process on my other catalina hackintosh build and it worked.

If any Mojave charity using the latest build version with f12k bios could keep me posted to confirm that. I would be grateful to him.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, RichardCk said:

Hello Can I use this EFI and OpenCore 0.6.5 of this update in Mojave 10.14.6 with the same computer, formatting and installing? I don't understand much, but I can copy and paste and change MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SistemUUID and delete boot-args=agdpmod=pikera  I'm right? Or do I have to change some more parameters? Thank you

Aorus Pro z390 F12K

On 1/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, AudioGod said:

Yes you can use Mojave no problems there and yes you got it with the changes needed to the config.plist.

also one other thing to change is put your Mac address where the rom field is and don’t forget to remove the : between the digits. 

Edited by ghelid

8 hours ago, Cass67 said:

All good fella .. i have a 580 and all i care about with it is that it works oob (mostly) with osx and that it works oob with Linux .. Windows.. well every thing works with that .. I didnt like seeing that linux showed me using an iMac when i was not, so seeking to remedy that .. all input welcome bud .. 

I can’t stand that myself. Yuck!

@ghelid I used to use Cubase on my old Z390 platform and never encountered anything like that and some of my sessions stretched on for days but my EFIs and MacOS revisions have always been up to date so I’m not sure what’s going there with you and Mojave. I shall rattle my brain and see what I can come up with for you.

I would definitely give smbios 1,1 a shot if I was you. You can do it as a test without signing into your iCloud account so if it doesn’t work for you it’s simple to switch back, just make sure you sign out of your iCloud account before trying it out. I would also advise flipping over to OpenCore or updating Clover to its latest version if you really don’t want to go down the Oc Path.

Edited by AudioGod

Thx for brainstorm !
 I will try 1.1, I just need to deactivate the igpu in the bios, that's it. Certain boot arg need to be changed? here is what i have .

also do you have the old bios setting f12d? I would like to review it again. I save a old profile. but that's just in case to review it.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-12 à 13.09.06.png

Edited by ghelid

49 minutes ago, ghelid said:

Thx for brainstorm !
 I will try 1.1, I just need to deactivate the igpu in the bios, that's it. Certain boot arg need to be changed? here is what i have .

also do you have the old bios setting f12d? I would like to review it again. I save a old profile. but that's just in case to review it.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-12 à 13.09.06.png

The Pre made 1,1 EFI on here has all the correct settings and boot arguments already inside it,

it’s just a case of moving your personal details across and done.

This Bios settings are the same across the versions really other then things like built in MSR Unlock so just use the settings laid out on page one and ignore any settings that are listed that you are missing.

If you really want to compare the old bios settings then you can find them on a EFI update notice if you look through the thread. Updates generally happen around the 4th of the month so just look around that date for each month until you find what your looking for.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cass67 said:

Sweet, glad AG's steps worked for you! Ever tinkering, I've tried it too and HWINFO64 in Windows & dmidecode in Linux report the correct (real) mobo/UEFI BIOS version info. Testing in 3DMark yields nothing yet. But as AG said, the benefit may be slight, yet tangible. Leaving it for now so Linux & Windows know what they're on, because while not in macOS, why not?*

Thanks for new stuff to learn!

*(until & unless a future version of OC breaks how or why to do that; but that's a problem for "future us" and good documentation)

35 minutes ago, juan e. jot said:

Testing in 3DMark yields nothing yet.

3D mark will show no gains what so ever other then by margin of error. 
Best way to spot what’s going on is by gaming for an hour with out it enabled and then check your FPS average and then rerun the test again with it all bypassed and your notice a jump in your average and minimum FPS. 
Cinibench shows a ever so slight gain, windows fast boot from shutdown is working properly again. (It’s not right when OC is in charge) and best of all, my devices and my smbios are what they are meant to be not generated.  

p.s as far as future effects go I wouldn’t really worry as the OC crew like to totally rewrite OpenCore at least once every 3 months or so. :hysterical:

Thats something I miss about clover, it’s much more static and consistent then OC is with no total reworks all the time.

Edited by AudioGod

18 hours ago, kiko89 said:

Hi @AudioGod,

I updated to OC 0.6.6 and my hack doesn't find any system update, safari etc..

For exaple I have now 11.2 and it doesn't find 11.2.1...

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Known to happen if you are partially or fully disabling SIP.  If you have fully or partially disabled SIP, try running with SIP enabled in your OC config.plist (NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config > <00000000>).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

Known to happen if you are partially or fully disabling SIP.  If you have fully or partially disabled SIP, try running with SIP enabled in your OC config.plist (NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config > <00000000>).  

Thank you! I set it to 67000000 and now I can update my hack!

On 2/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, kiko89 said:

Hi @AudioGod,

I updated to OC 0.6.6 and my hack doesn't find any system update, safari etc..

For exaple I have now 11.2 and it doesn't find 11.2.1...

Can you help me?

Thank you!

I have an issue play DRM content including netflix, Apple music Radio etc. Is there any fix anyone can suggest? 

Thanks in advance

6 hours ago, nikhil96widhani said:

I have an issue play DRM content including netflix, Apple music Radio etc. Is there any fix anyone can suggest? 

Thanks in advance

No fix for iMac19,1 as Big Sur has broken user space patching for Lilu. Only if you have AMD dGPU and switch your SMBIOS to iMacPro or MacPro

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, kiko89 said:

Thank you! I set it to 67000000 and now I can update my hack!

I think you might have gotten lucky.  0x67 was valid with CLOVER if I remember correctly.  I had recommended <00000000> (SIP fully enabled) to you (which is how I run).  

EDIT: The values below are provided by the Dortania Guide as 'Common Values.'  I had incorrectly stated that these were 'valid' values (incorrectly implying that other values were not valid).  Your 0x67 is probably still valid.  It may be a good idea to use CsrDecode to find out what the different bits do.

According to Dortania guide, valid common csr-active-config values for OpenCore are

Edited by tonyx86

6 minutes ago, scotty pro said:

Can I ask if I was to change GPU will the current EFI I am using still be OK or will I have to change a few things. I'm not very good with changing settings in the plist :(

It will work just fine as long as you get a GPU that’s compatible.

if it’s a Navi then You need to put back 1 boot argument or just redownload the EFI as it’s set up for a Navi gpu as standard.

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

It will work just fine as long as you get a GPU that’s compatible.

if it’s a Navi then You need to put back 1 boot argument or just redownload the EFI as it’s set up for a Navi gpu as standard.

Thanks Audiogod, actually I am going backwards from the RX590 I have to a Quadra K2000, going to give this to my son for his homework.

The EFI I am currently using is your iMac Pro with my serial numbers in, not changed anything from your original 0.6.6 RFI

• Like 1

First of all , thanks for creating this guide and keeping it up to date! Was updating OC from here with no issues until this time.

Copied EFI, configured MLB / sn/uuid, reset nvram- boot error: no suitable signature,apple secure boot prohibits this entry, load image failed - security violation.

That’s for both Mojave and backup High Sierra.

Tried reflashing 12K, reset nvram- no changes default_sad.png

Update: Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel disabled, and voila. Updated bios to 12L on the way.

Thanks Audiogod for the latest OC EFI files with Vega 64 and imac19,1 all working fine.

Just a query

I am about to get a RTX 2080 in couple of weeks from my friend. I thinking of using both GPU on the system. Dual boot Windows 10 (with GTX 2080) + Mac (with Vega 64)

Will the EFI works straight away without making any changes?? as the RTX is not compatible in MAC. Or any changes needs to be done in order to disable the Card completely. 

Thanks