AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, AudioGod said:

Sorry buddy, I missed your original message.

Big Sur will work with OpenCore 0.6.4 or higher although I recommend you use V0.6.6 from the off.

OpenCore is free from bios version dependency as there’s no dsdt involved so your free to stick on the bios revision your currently using or use the latest version available and just dial back in the settings on page one. Your choice.

to upgrade to big sur update to OpenCore 0.6.6 first.

As for usb randomly cutting out, well that a Z390 Pro bug and it also happens on a few other Gigabyte boards including AMD X570 and B550 boards. As far as I know it’s still not been fixed on the Z390 Pro and there’s not a lot that can be done about it other then bugging Gigabyte. (It happens in windows too).

Tip - Download the latest OC EFI from here and copy your serial number, uuid, MLB and MAC Address from your old config.plist to the new one and stick it on a USB macOS Install drive and make sure it works for you. Follow the steps on the install update notice that you can find on the top of page 172. Everything you need to know and download is there waiting for you. (The V0.6.6 EFI will work with Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur)

Im sorry I'm late to thank you about this. But I got into some personal problems and couldn't keep following the forum. 

Thanks for your help @AudioGod, honestly you have saved me a lot of time 

• Like 1

Hi, 

has anyone managed to get work the hackintosh without a dedicated card? My rx580 is broken

if yes, could you send me the efi in private?

I managed to get it started (after intel frambuffer patch) but the bluetooth (fevie t919) stops work every time afert a few minutes...I'm going crazy

Please help me...

Thank you so much

19 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Here @kiko89,

Try this is out for size.

OC 068 MacMini8,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI.zip 3.94 MB · 5 downloads  

Let me know if it works for you please bud.

To be used with SMBIOS MacMini8,1 (new details needed)

I did this blind so it might be a disaster of a EFI...lol

It's hard to do a universal IGPU Only EFI as the frame buffers don't always match up.

It works ok but few minutes after boot i got huge lag of mouse pointer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mariodj said:

It works ok but few minutes after boot i got huge lag of mouse pointer.

Thanks for trying buddy, Try resetting you’re nvram, The lag should be straight away if the framebuffers are wrong and if you have the 5700xt in there your need to remove it or bypass it to test properly unfortunately.

Edited by AudioGod

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks for trying buddy, Try resetting you’re nvram, The lag should be straight away if the framebuffers are wrong and if you have the 5700xt in there your need to remove it or bypass it to test properly unfortunately.

I reset nvram and its the same, 2 minutes of mouse pointer lag. My RX is sold for millions ;) now only intel gpu.

Just now, mariodj said:

I reset nvram and its the same, 2 minutes of mouse pointer lag. My RX is sold for millions ;) now only intel gpu.

Hahahaha, Good move brother. 5700XT go for stupid money now days. I can get a 6800xt for less then I can sell my 5700xt for. (A lot less) Go Figure? :hysterical:

Ok then in that case the frame buffers are not aligned. I tried...lol

This is why I have never released a igpu only version of the EFI, way to many variables from system to system. 

18 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yup,

ok one second il make a change...lol

@kiko89 Take 4

OC 068 MacMini8,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V4.zip 3.94 MB · 2 downloads

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> igfx

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled 

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

no black screen but mouse lag :wallbash:

4 hours ago, kiko89 said:

no black screen but mouse lag :wallbash:

Ok lets try @mariodj way using 19,1 instead. it goes against what the oc guide says but hey if it works it works...lol

@kiko89 Take 5

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V5.zip

Could anybody else that try’s this EFI please report if it’s working for them or not and if I get enough confirmations and near to no fails then I will add it to the EFI collection and keep it up to date.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Ok lets try @mariodj way using 19,1 instead. it goes against what the oc guide says but hey if it works it works...lol

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V5.zip 3.95 MB · 1 download

And i just try it and it works :) no lag after boot and it seems all is working ok :) 

• Like 1

Test EFI OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1 IGPU Only

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V5.zip

BIOS SETTING CHANGES

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> IGFX

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Could anybody that try’s this EFI please report if it’s working for them or not and if I get enough confirmations and near to no fails then I will add it to the EFI collection and keep it up to date.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@kiko89 Is V5 of the iGPU only EFI working for you too now buddy?

Out of general interest, I tried it, and the only thing I've noticed is a longer pinwheel on the desktop while menu items loaded up, than with my RX580 dGPU. Colors anecdotally seem flatter, but pulldown menus and the Dock still transmit color gradients and very general shapes from behind.

No dealbreakers for this lurker, at least.  Carry on.

Edited by juan e. jot

6 minutes ago, juan e. jot said:

Out of general interest, I tried it, and the only thing I've noticed is a longer pinwheel on the desktop while menu items loaded up, than with my RX580 dGPU. Colors anecdotally seem flatter, but pulldown menus and the Dock still transmit color gradients and very general shapes from behind.

No dealbreakers for this lurker, at least.  Carry on.

It’s not really something to compare against your dGPU but more for people that don’t have a dGPU but want a working EFI using there iGPU only.

Its never gonna work as well as using a AMD GPU. :no:

Or are you saying I still could do the framebuffers better? 

Edited by AudioGod