AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kiko89 said:

I don't think is boot arguments problem...

I tried one, the other, both and neither

Have you tried resetting your nvram?

If you drop the screen resolution to 1080p does sound then work?

If it does then try adding -cdfon or enable-hdmi20 to the boot arguments.

Edited by AudioGod

On 4/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, AudioGod said:

if you have the Pro WiFi variant of the board then you can replace the Intel WiFi card with a BCM94360NG instead to give you native WiFi and Bluetooth.

Well this is news to me, thanks.. Im still using a PCIe adapter, I wasn't aware I could remove the internal Intel one and replace that now.. :) Although Mine works perfectly, for the sake of being tidier I may go down this route instead.. Thanks again

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Have you tried resetting your nvram?

If you drop the screen resolution to 1080p does sound then work?

If it does then try adding -cdfon or enable-hdmi20 to the boot arguments.

I don't know why bt my resolution is already 1080p at TV 4k.

however I do not want to create further problems for you. I prefer to attach a cable to the soundbar so that I can also control the volume from the keyboard.

thank you so much

1 hour ago, kiko89 said:

I don't know why bt my resolution is already 1080p at TV 4k.

however I do not want to create further problems for you. I prefer to attach a cable to the soundbar so that I can also control the volume from the keyboard.

thank you so much

Ok no problem bud but I’m still waiting on a answer to my original question about EFI V6. :hysterical:

Is it a thumbs up with the  boot argument change? (Not with both boot args at once)

Edited by AudioGod

35 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok no problem bud but I’m still waiting on a answer to my original question about EFI V6. :hysterical:

Is it a thumbs up with the  boot argument change? (Not with both boot args at once)

I’m sorry, v6 is good for

me! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Test EFI OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1 IGPU Only (Version 6)

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V6.zip 3.95 MB · 7 downloads

BIOS SETTING CHANGES

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> IGFX

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Could anybody that try’s this EFI please report if it’s working for them or not and if I get enough confirmations and near to no fails then I will add it to the EFI collection and keep it up to date.

Don't be shy all you silent lurkers of this thread downloading the IGPU only EFI and tell me how it's working for you???????

@mariodj Please try this new version of the EFI, Test sleep and wake etc and tell me if its better or worst for you?

Its the same

it took some time to wake and i got green screen and then hack wake up

@audiogod

any idea why usb wouldn't work with a build which was switched from Master to Pro?

the point which is strange that usb doesn't work at all, also not when I boot up the system into USB Stick and try to install catalina fresh, so it might not be an issue with the old install.

the motherboard, usb and devices work fine under windows10, so no issue there.

Edited by dredhorse

On 4/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, AudioGod said:

-cdfon should give your HDMI full speed and allow audio down the channel.

I added the bootarg -cdfon and I still stayed at 1080p (and that's okay because otherwise I would have a 4k at 30hz). In any case I cannot set the 4k, only 1080p.
The audio, on the other hand, seems to be fine at the beginning but after a while it returns to hopping :cry:

On 4/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, AudioGod said:

Now since the 19,1 iMac came out on March 19, 2019 then the closest match is actually j160 but since that’s for a macpro then the next closest match is yes you guessed it j137.

Now for me that’s case closed. 

I hear you. I thought maybe I'm crazy so I tried j137 and Default, and —>

IMG_4544.thumb.jpg.b921a469c6b4309ffbd39c7f1c2dd2aa.jpg

Sooo, there's that. When I put it back to Disabled, voila, boot. Maybe there is something else in my config that is wrong. Lord knows there have been times where that is the case, but my system will only boot with it set to Disabled.

config.plist

Edited by pkdesign

hmm, I disabled the usb mapping kext and enabled the xhci workaround to allow for more than 15 usb ports. Now usb is working.

hackintool reports:

reading trough the usb map kext I see:

HS07, HS09, HS10,HS11,HS13, SS01, SS02,SS03,SS04,SS05,SS06,SS07,SS08,SS09,SS10

So I guess we come back to the discussion we had during the Aorus Z390 Master and the USB mappings, need to take a closer look into that.

SS03 / HS03 should be a Webcam

SS04 / HS04 is my USB hub which has the keyboard etc,

HS09 / SS09 is the first front USB 3.0 connector

HS10 / SS10 is the second front USB 3.0 connector

The others I will need to figure out.

@AudioGod is the above the correct information? If I compare this with https://dredhorse.gitbook.io/snowwhite-a-hackintosh-story/install-log/macos-catalina/macos-catalina-and-usb-usb-maps it looks totally similar, but of course the pictures are wrong. Atm I have plugged in the devices on the 2 USB ports directly next to the HDMI port, will try the ones below the NIC.

One other point is that my second monitor is not detected, but first I need to solve the USB Issue.

image.png

Edited by dredhorse

I have this exact build.

Before doing any upgrade, in this case from Catalina to Big Sur I always make a full backup copy of my drive onto another one with SuperDuper!. 

I NEVER EVER had a problem with this before Catalina. I always did my copy, and it always worked.

This time something is happening. When I try to boot from the copied drive the Hakcintosh powers off....

Looking at the verbose log I have no clue of whats happening... I hope that somebody could help me with this.... 

Why the computer is rebooting? What is disliking in the copy of the disk?

IMG_20210425_213454.thumb.jpeg.3b1478430cc37149b703dbfe9e49c4fa.jpeg

IMG_20210425_213303.thumb.jpeg.3e1f15b6e4e83b9560005dffb2cf2f4f.jpeg

No issues with 11.3 on my side, everything works perfectly fine. Make sure that your EFI matches the one @AudioGod provided and don't forget to reset your NVRAM.

Edited by panosru
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, n19htz said:

had to roll back to 11.2.1 and everything works, but 11.3 causing problems with wi-fi and sometimes hack is freezing during even update

Have you reset your NVRam?

That should stop the freezing and what WiFi card are you using with what kexts connected to it?

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Have you reset your NVRam?

That should stop the freezing and what WiFi card are you using with what kexts connected to it?

yeah, nvram reseted, using fenvi without any kext attached to it

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Fenvi T919?

if so then your going to need BrcmPatchRAM adding to it and Airportfixup

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases

Stupid Fanvi cards, I hate them….lol

isnt fenvi is like native broadcom chip? I mean everything works with fenvi natively including handoff, continuety etc without any kext installed and I never had a problem b4 11.3 with wifi/bluethooth

Something is going wrong when I try to update to 11.3 from 11.2.3.

9900KS / Z390 PRO, OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1.

Just as usual I'am trying to update from the Software Update. 

What's going on:
1. The update is downloaded
2. Computer reboots
3. A new system boot option appears. 
4. A screen appears with a black background, the apple logo, and a progress bar.
5. At about 80 percent of progress, a prompt to enter my password appears.
6. I enter my password and the system boots up to version 11.2.3.

Never had this problem before. 

SIP is enabled.

Update: deleting all disk snapshots, booting from recovery, checking the disk with the Disk Utility, csrutil reset, allowing the machine to autoselect boot disk solved the problem

Edited by letsdrink
solved

14 hours ago, n19htz said:

isnt fenvi is like native broadcom chip? I mean everything works with fenvi natively including handoff, continuety etc without any kext installed and I never had a problem b4 11.3 with wifi/bluethooth

Fenvi is a make and they produce clones of the original cards. I’ve never liked them and if I was to give you a number of how many times people have had problems with them it would be in the high 100s. This is why I am not a fan of them and don’t endorse them. Especially the T919. 

38 minutes ago, letsdrink said:

Something is going wrong when I try to update to 11.3 from 11.2.3.

9900KS / Z390 PRO, OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1.

Just as usual I'am trying to update from the Software Update. 

What's going on:
1. The update is downloaded
2. Computer reboots
3. A new system boot option appears. 
4. A screen appears with a black background, the apple logo, and a progress bar.
5. At about 80 percent of progress, a prompt to enter my password appears.
6. I enter my password and the system boots up to version 11.2.3.

Never had this problem before. 

SIP is enabled.

Sounds like a problem with your general install fella,

you could try running a disk repair or disabling sip and or disabling the SecureBootModel and see if it helps but I have a feeling that you would be better off just doing a TM backup of your system if you don’t have one already and then fresh installing 11.3 and then recovering your backup.

That’s Always a good thing to do now and again anyway. :) 

Edited by AudioGod