AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, panosru said:

Also keep in mind that the devices plugged in USB3 are registered two times because a USB3 port is working both as a USB3 and as a USB2 port; thus you may see the same device connected in USB3 and USB2 (like I have for example with 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub and 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub, it is the same device but is listed two times because of the above mentioned mechanism. 

Are you saying that when you plug a single USB device into a single USB port, that you see that single device appear on two logical ports?  That's a new one for me.  I've never seen a single USB device appear simultaneously on a logical USB2 and a logical USB3 port.  It's common for a single physical USB port to have multiple logical ports (e.g. a single physical USB port can be associated with one USB2 logical port and one USB3 logical port), but I've never seen a single USB device appear simultaneously on two different logical ports.  That is interresting.

@tonyx86 as I said, I'm almost certain that this is the case but I'm not 100% sure; thus, someone with higher expertise on the matter could clarify that, maybe I'm wrong.

I can see in my devices though that my USB hub(s) connected to a USB 3 port(s) is shown both as a USB 2.0 and 3.0 device.

Also, for what I'm 99% sure is that USB 3.0/1/2 ports count as two ports, one for 3.0/1/2 and one for 2.0, in contrast with USB 2.0 which counts as one.

3 minutes ago, panosru said:

Also, for what I'm 99% sure is that USB 3.0/1/2 ports count as two ports, one for 3.0/1/2 and one for 2.0, in contrast with USB 2.0 which counts as one.

Yes - you are correct.  Each logical USB2 and logical USB3 port counts as one of the 15.  Note that you can choose to "ignore" one of the logical ports to reduce your overall port count.  If you have a single USB 3 port, but you know you're only using the port for a USB2 keyboard, you can delete the logical USB3 port from your port map to make room for another logical port while remaining within your 15-port limit.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Thanks 1

Those are both two USB 3 devices connected in USB 3 ports, they are listed both as USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, what confuses me though is why the connected devices are populated under USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0, I'll have to plug a USB 3.0 flash disk and do a speed test to make sure they work as USB 3 and not as USB 2.

23167273_Screenshot2021-05-09at23_54_58.thumb.png.8d359f1c6e05cf038bf6b99eec0a541f.png

• Thanks 1

Ah - I haven't played with hubs connected to ports.  If I understand your diagram, you've inserted a single hub into a single port and the hub appears as both a USB2 hub and a USB3 hub.  That does make sense.  I don't have a hub to test.

Edited by tonyx86

@tonyx86 that is correct indeed.

Ah I just realised that in my USB 3 hub I have also connected some USB 2 devices, they appear as USB 2 devices, which is normal. My USB 3 flash disk, when I connect it to my USB 3 Hub, it appears as a USB 3 device and I just checked the speeds with Blackmagic disk speed test and it most certainly works as a USB 3 :)

image.png.38f56ae19e2453595c9412418b09325c.png

Strange, it seems my two front USB ports are not working neither in 3.0 nor in 2.0 mode.

The front USB ports should be SS/HS 09/10, but I see that on HS09 in my case is populated with my USB 2 hub which is connected to one of HS13 ports.

UPDATE:

I couldn't figure out how to enable SS10 in the python script, I ended up generating a USBPorts kext from Hacking tool, then edit the info.plist from the contents of USBMap.kext that @AudioGod had provided me a while ago, I removed SS06 as I don't need it, and I added SS10 and now one of my two front USB ports acts as a USB 3 as well. I'm attaching my kext here just in case.

USBMap.kext.zip

Edited by panosru

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

a perfectly working USBMap kext

Of course it's working and @AudioGod has done a great job, but given the port limit some choices have been made. Depending on the chosen case there are a lot of front panel configurations that can't be covered by a single map (mine has a working USB3 port and a USB-C port that isn't active with the provided map for example).

• Like 1

just try this kext .. front panel ports are all working here on a "Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C"

It's just a re-created ( 1,1 ) kext using the python tool . i reverted the port names ( HSxx and SSxx) to the old ones after kext gen.

USBMap.kext.zip

• Like 1

@pkdesign and @Pieroman - I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I think that the latest batch of BS updates has slightly altered how some USB ports are powered and as our Hacks come in many different configs even if the chipset is similar, we are finding a difference in previous good working USB map. Some members has found a temporary working solution by removing USB port limit. My situation consists of a once good working Wake/Sleep operation is now flaky, sometimes it works other times it wakes instantly but until a more permanent solution is found, I can't be arsed to {censored} around with it again :hysterical:.

@texem - Where have you been Bro, I missed the fire in the Forum :hysterical: but hopefully now it's back! :hysterical:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, texem said:

just try this kext .. front panel ports are all working here on a "Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C"

It's just a re-created ( 1,1 ) kext using the python tool . i reverted the port names ( HSxx and SSxx) to the old ones after kext gen.

USBMap.kext.zip 2.39 kB · 7 downloads

this kext is for z390 aorus pro?

On 5/14/2021 at 11:14 AM, eSaF said:

@pkdesign and @Pieroman - I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I think that the latest batch of BS updates has slightly altered how some USB ports are powered and as our Hacks come in many different configs even if the chipset is similar, we are finding a difference in previous good working USB map. Some members has found a temporary working solution by removing USB port limit. My situation consists of a once good working Wake/Sleep operation is now flaky, sometimes it works other times it wakes instantly but until a more permanent solution is found, I can't be arsed to {censored} around with it again :hysterical:.

@texem - Where have you been Bro, I missed the fire in the Forum :hysterical: but hopefully now it's back! :hysterical:

I agree, at the moment I'm struggling with getting to work USB at all, running the quirk atm and need to look into creating my own USB kext, I just wonder why.

7 hours ago, Neolo said:

Opencore stuck at apple logo Z390 Designare, can't boot in anything, useless.

The EFI isn’t designed to work with your board so what do you expect?

Try here!

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! 

Its been a long time, i hope everyone is well and healthy!

Still on latest Catalina, i have decided to migrate to OpenCore.

-Downloaded Latest AG's magic EFI

-Replaced Clover with OC

-Entered my details

-Added  Titan Ridge TB3 SSDT in proper folder

-Added IntelBluetooth files, integrated them in config.plist

-Rebooted.

System booted fine, Thunderbolt and Firewire with adapters works great, Intel Wifi too!

Has anyone managed to make bluetooth work, it seems a no go, i even tried putting the kexts after USBMap.kext.

Bluetooth is not available, it cannot seem to load the kexts.

Any help?

29 minutes ago, dsynos80 said:

Hello everyone! 

Its been a long time, i hope everyone is well and healthy!

Still on latest Catalina, i have decided to migrate to OpenCore.

-Downloaded Latest AG's magic EFI

-Replaced Clover with OC

-Entered my details

-Added  Titan Ridge TB3 SSDT in proper folder

-Added IntelBluetooth files, integrated them in config.plist

-Rebooted.

System booted fine, Thunderbolt and Firewire with adapters works great, Intel Wifi too!

Has anyone managed to make bluetooth work, it seems a no go, i even tried putting the kexts after USBMap.kext.

Bluetooth is not available, it cannot seem to load the kexts.

Any help?

You need to add Bluetooth to the usb.map as I never used the WiFi version of the board so never mapped the port. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You need to add Bluetooth to the usb.map as I never used the WiFi version of the board so never mapped the port. 

@dsynos80 Hi - You have the same board as mine but I don't know if you're trying to use the inbuilt WiFi/B/Tooth whereas I am using a compatible OS X card. Here is my USBMap.kext based on my setup, you can always try it and see if it works for you.

USBMap.kext.zip

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@dsynos80 Hi - You have the same board as mine but I don't know if you're trying to use the inbuilt WiFi/B/Tooth whereas I am using a compatible OS X card. Here is my USBMap.kext based on my setup, you can always try it and see if it works for you.

USBMap.kext.zip 2.39 kB · 1 download

That will only work if you have mapped the Intel Bluetooth inside the USBMap

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

That will only work if you have mapped the Intel Bluetooth inside the USBMap

Ok B - I wasn't sure how his setup is whether he's using the builtin one or an independent card either way how much would it hurt for him to try it one way or another? At this stage, nothing to lose but in reality he should try and map his USB layout for a better result.

Wow that was fast!!

Thank you both!

esaf your usb map didnt work for me. it also disabled my top usb2.0 ports.

And yes i have the Wifi Version and trying to use the intel CNVi.

Ah, i see you use 1.1 i use 19.1

Edited by dsynos80