AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s not really something to compare against your dGPU but more for people that don’t have a dGPU but want a working EFI using there iGPU only.

Its never gonna work as well as using a AMD GPU. :no:

Or are you saying I still could do the framebuffers better? 

Oh sorry, there I go making a mountain out of a molehill again. I was just testing whether it would work at all, without the difficulties described by folks who tried pre-V5 versions.  It seemed to work just fine, and now I've got your regular iMac19,1 EFI back in there (and my RX580 reinstalled).

To go on (if you care to read) I was simply interested because I had built most of my system before my RX580 arrived back in the day, and set it up with an old MacMini8,1 Clover EFI, and that had worked fine for non graphic-intensive tasks, but tended to black out moving between login screen and desktop, and once at the desktop, there had also been a lag of a few seconds before the mouse tracking would catch up, and then it would work.  Once my GPU arrived and I switched EFIs, those symptoms of course had abated.

I was only interested today, in improvements to an iGPU setup for my system since then. I don't know much about framebuffer settings other than what I have occasionally mustered the patience to trial & error, but it seems you got them right with V5 from the limited testing I was able to do. Cool!

• Thanks 1

@juan e. jot I’m all for any criticisms good or bad, I’ve got this far with it so I really don’t mind being told to do something different or to try and refine something further.  It’s all good my friend and thanks for testing. :)  

Edited by AudioGod

On 4/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, AudioGod said:

Sounds like you didn’t clear your nvram between EFIs as The SecureBootModel is set correctly for both EFIs.

Disable it or have it set to j137 or default.

so I did reset NVRAM, once from the new bootstick, and once from the original install. I still have the issue.

Could it be the missing MAC address in my config?

I will try disabled to see if I have other issues and investigate further.

With disabled I can boot, but I don't have USB :(

Edited by dredhorse

I have to have SecureBootModel disabled in order for my system to work. I know @AudioGod and I have had this discussion before. According to Dortania Guide, j137 or Default is for iMacPro1,1. Guide does not list iMac19,1 therefore it needs to be set to disabled.

Edited by pkdesign

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

I have to have SecureBootModel disabled in order for my system to work. I know @AudioGod and I have had this discussion before. According to Dortania Guide, j137 or Default is for iMacPro1,1. Guide does not list iMac19,1 therefore it needs to be set to disabled.

Correct and also incorrect.

There is indeed no match for 19,1 but that’s because it’s covered by using the default or j137. We have to agree to disagree on this one good sir,

To quote directly from the OC Guide.

Special Notes with SecureBootModel

Generally Default is more than adequate to use however if you plan to have use this with ApECID for full security, we recommend setting a proper value(ie. closest to your SMBIOS or versions of macOS you plan to boot) since the Default value is likely to be updated in the future.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Now since the 19,1 iMac came out on March 19, 2019 then the closest match is actually j160 but since that’s for a macpro then the next closest match is yes you guessed it j137.

Now for me that’s case closed. 

Edited by AudioGod

On 4/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, AudioGod said:

@kiko89 Is V5 of the iGPU only EFI working for you too now buddy?

you're simply the BEST!!! :thumbsup_anim:

But...

I've another problem :hysterical:

I have fenvi t919 and I I bought another fenvi from amazon (MQUPIN)to replace mine that gives me problems with wifi after I changed some parameters under windows that I can no longer set by default...

now i don't know if the card is faulty but i can't turn off the pc ...
it restarts when I turn it off...

what do you think? do I try to have it replaced?

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kiko89 said:

you're simply the BEST!!! :thumbsup_anim:

But...

I've another problem :hysterical:

I have fenvi t919 and I I bought another fenvi from amazon (MQUPIN)to replace mine that gives me problems with wifi after I changed some parameters under windows that I can no longer set by default...

now i don't know if the card is faulty but i can't turn off the pc ...
it restarts when I turn it off...

what do you think? do I try to have it replaced?

Thank you very much!

From what I know that sounds like the card is refusing to switch off at shut down and I don’t think that’s actually fixable. I could be wrong mind you... (I can’t stand the Fermi T919 anyway, Throw it in the bin..lol (jokes))

You’re much better off getting a BCM94360CS2 and slapping into a PCIe adaptor or if you have the Pro WiFi variant of the board then you can replace the Intel WiFi card with a BCM94360NG instead to give you native WiFi and Bluetooth. The Intel WiFi card with the latest Alpha Kexts works really well now too. Not perfect but nearly there.

Edited by AudioGod

40 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

From what I know that sounds like the card is refusing to switch off at shut down and I don’t think that’s actually fixable. I could be wrong mind you... (I can’t stand the Fermi T919 anyway, Throw it in the bin..lol (jokes))

You’re much better off getting a BCM94360CS2 and slapping into a PCIe adaptor or if you have the Pro WiFi variant of the board then you can replace the Intel WiFi card with a BCM94360NG instead to give you native WiFi and Bluetooth. The Intel WiFi card with the latest Alpha Kexts works really well now too. Not perfect but nearly there.

I will do it!

we have to replace bootarg igfxfw=2 or simply add igfxonln=1 to force online status on all displays (after resume from sleep, I have to torn off monitor and turn on to see desktop).

Can you confirm it @mariodj?

I have LG OLED, is there way to force 4k 60hz with igpu? or could it explode? :hysterical:

Thank you

ok to recap:

I did install Catalina on an Aorus Z390 Master. I needed to replace the motherboard with a Aorus Z390 Pro as the board had issues and there aren't any Masters available anymore in my area.

Windows works without an issue but I can't get OSX to work.

When I boot from a stick with the Z390 PRO EFI it boots to the login screen, but I don't have USB. Any idea on how to troubleshoot this?

On 4/15/2021 at 1:28 AM, AudioGod said:

Test EFI OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1 IGPU Only

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V5.zip 3.95 MB · 8 downloads

BIOS SETTING CHANGES

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> IGFX

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Could anybody that try’s this EFI please report if it’s working for them or not and if I get enough confirmations and near to no fails then I will add it to the EFI collection and keep it up to date.

My hack is working on this EFI now. Few hours of work - no problems. 

I have no other gods, just AudioGod ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, kiko89 said:

I will do it!

we have to replace bootarg igfxfw=2 or simply add igfxonln=1 to force online status on all displays (after resume from sleep, I have to torn off monitor and turn on to see desktop).

Can you confirm it @mariodj?

I have LG OLED, is there way to force 4k 60hz with igpu? or could it explode? :hysterical:

Thank you

You sure its not a simple case of having to click on the mouse button twice?

Once to wake and a second a few seconds later to wake the monitor.

Thats the way it is now as the old boot arguments to make it all happen at once (Darkwake) no longer works.

12 hours ago, AudioGod said:

You sure its not a simple case of having to click on the mouse button twice?

Once to wake and a second a few seconds later to wake the monitor.

Thats the way it is now as the old boot arguments to make it all happen at once (Darkwake) no longer works.

yes I'm sure...

do you think they are incompatible if I put them both? 

on the web the black screen after waking up with the igpu is a very common problem and everyone says they have solved it with that bootarg.

I have the problem with both a 22 monitor and on the TV.

can anyone else give us feedback?

40 minutes ago, kiko89 said:

yes I'm sure...

do you think they are incompatible if I put them both? 

on the web the black screen after waking up with the igpu is a very common problem and everyone says they have solved it with that bootarg.

I have the problem with both a 22 monitor and on the TV.

can anyone else give us feedback?

Try it and see and let me know. :thumbsup_anim:

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Try it and see and let me know. :thumbsup_anim:

good afternoon!

i confirm that igfxonln=1 is necessary to turn on the monitor when hack wakes up from sleep.

i also confirm that the two bootarg are compatible.

if we want to be sure we could wait for a few more feedback before adding the bootarg in the topic efi IGPU.

I also wanted to tell you that by exchanging the antennas with the fenvi bought from amazon (MQUPIN), my fenvi is much better

(I had bought it from the fenvi store in aliex and at this point I don't know if mine is original).

thanks for all the help you give us :angel:

29 minutes ago, kiko89 said:

good afternoon!

i confirm that igfxonln=1 is necessary to turn on the monitor when hack wakes up from sleep.

i also confirm that the two bootarg are compatible.

if we want to be sure we could wait for a few more feedback before adding the bootarg in the topic efi IGPU.

I also wanted to tell you that by exchanging the antennas with the fenvi bought from amazon (MQUPIN), my fenvi is much better

(I had bought it from the fenvi store in aliex and at this point I don't know if mine is original).

thanks for all the help you give us :angel:

Ok Bud, I will add a V6 of the EFI now with igfxonln=1 in use instead for people to test. 

Thanks for testing :thumbsup_anim:

What do you mean by the two boot arguments are compatible?

You don't need them both and changing over to igfxonln=1 should be enough, The two together is a conflict. 

Edited by AudioGod

Test EFI OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1 IGPU Only (Version 6)

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V6.zip

BIOS SETTING CHANGES

Could anybody that try’s this EFI please report if it’s working for them or not and if I get enough confirmations and near to no fails then I will add it to the EFI collection and keep it up to date.

Don't be shy all you silent lurkers of this thread downloading the IGPU only EFI and tell me how it's working for you???????

@mariodj Please try this new version of the EFI, Test sleep and wake etc and tell me if its better or worst for you?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Test EFI OpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMac19,1 IGPU Only (Version 6)

OC 068 iMacPro19,1 Z390 Pro IGPU ONLY EFI V6.zip 3.95 MB · 0 downloads

BIOS SETTING CHANGES

Don't be shy all you silent lurkers of this thread downloading the IGPU only EFI and tell me how it's working for you???????

@mariodj Please try this new version of the EFI, Test sleep and wake etc and tell me if its better or worst for you?

ops... problem over HDMI audio...it comes and goes :( try two HDMI cabile, one of this 2.0