AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Anthonythangaraj said:

Thanks Audiogod for the latest OC EFI files with Vega 64 and imac19,1 all working fine.

Just a query

I am about to get a RTX 2080 in couple of weeks from my friend. I thinking of using both GPU on the system. Dual boot Windows 10 (with GTX 2080) + Mac (with Vega 64)

Will the EFI works straight away without making any changes?? as the RTX is not compatible in MAC. Or any changes needs to be done in order to disable the Card completely. 

Thanks

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to get audio over DispalyPort? 

Thanks

Edit* Sapphire 5700XT 

After plugging in HDMI and then back to DisplayPort audio was detected losing keyboard volume control shortcut unfortunately but at least its working.

Edited by rob1980

19 hours ago, panosru said:

Just updated to v11.2.2, everything seems to be working fine.

Did the progress bar (black screen, Apple logo with progress bar under it) get stuck for quite a while during the update reboots? Mine’s been stuck at about 75% for over an hour.

4 hours ago, hackinbot said:

Did the progress bar (black screen, Apple logo with progress bar under it) get stuck for quite a while during the update reboots? Mine’s been stuck at about 75% for over an hour.

sorry mate, I usually let the PC alone and do something else when I update so I didn't noticed it because I was cooking :(

7 hours ago, hackinbot said:

I also update today, it took a while to install, but nothing like that.

I think that the first part, without the time to finish below the progress bar take a little longer, but after that, it showed 10min to finish and was about that.

No problems for me on 11.2.2 update, though I wish a full version of the updater were available to put on a USB, just in case of crashes that 11.2.1 can't handle*. Unfortunately, gibMacOS has seen no love from the fruit company servers on that front, as of yet.

*(whatever those might be on our rigs, given what the update at least publicly covers)

16 hours ago, hackinbot said:

Thanks for replies. I couldn't salvage the "stuck" update so I ended up installing a clean 11.2.1 from USB and then updated from there to 11.2.2.

ouch... :/ I hope you had Time Machine to restore things back to where they were :/ 

OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 1st March 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.1
  • AppleALC 1.5.8,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.8,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.1
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.7 (Big Sur 11.3 Ready),
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.7 - 01/03/2021

OC 067 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI 010321.zip  - OpenCore v0.6.7, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 067 1,1 Z390 Pro EFI 010321.zip  - OpenCore v0.6.7, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

IMPORTANT - OPENCORE HAS CHANGED THE WAY THE BOOTSTRAP WORKS SO YOU WILL NEED TO RESELECT YOUR BIG SUR DISK (F12 DISK SELECT OR FROM WITHIN THE BIOS) AND THEN RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, THIS IS VITAL.

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the correct bios settings listed below or use the F12K Unlocked Profile I have provided.

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12k.zip - Aorus Z390 Pro Bios Firmware F112K

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro-wifi_f12j.zip - Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi Bios Firmware F112J

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

Bios Settings

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the Latest BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled (Z390 Pro Wifi Only)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

You need to set SecureBootModel to "Disabled" for iMac19,1

I see you got rid of darkwake=0. Any reason?

You sure?

I thought that was fixed a few revisions ago.

Darkwake the boot arg is dead on big sur

Update - I just double checked and Default or j137 is good with 19,1 

Update of the Update - even the OC guide recommends it for coffee lake under 19,1. 

SecureBootModel Default This is a word and is case-sensitive, set to Disabled if you do not want secure boot(ie. you require Nvidia's Web Drivers)
Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

You sure?

I thought that was fixed a few revisions ago.

Darkwake the boot arg is dead on big sur

Update - I just double checked and Default or j137 is good with 19,1 

Update of the Update - even the OC guide recommends it for coffee lake under 19,1. 

SecureBootModel Default This is a word and is case-sensitive, set to Disabled if you do not want secure boot(ie. you require Nvidia's Web Drivers)

Got it on darkwake, I'm still on Mojave.

j137 is okay with iMacPro1,1 but I do not see iMac19,1 listed in Configuration PDF:

1881473344_ScreenShot2021-03-01at7_47_00PM.thumb.jpg.91d988409695a3fac819e625160d2b8a.jpg

What you posted above says set it to "disabled" which is correct.

7 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Got it on darkwake, I'm still on Mojave.

j137 is okay with iMacPro1,1 but I do not see iMac19,1 listed in Configuration PDF:

1881473344_ScreenShot2021-03-01at7_47_00PM.thumb.jpg.91d988409695a3fac819e625160d2b8a.jpg

What you posted above says set it to "disabled" which is correct.

Its correct.

there isn’t one listed for 19,1 as they use defaultt or j137 for it. Having it disabled causes problems with injection in Big Sur.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#misc

Edited by AudioGod

AG's 0.6.7 EFI installed & working with 11.2.2, but I have a question I don't see addressed either on the Desktop Coffee Lake page of Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide, or in Differences.pdf: Even in your iMac19,1 EFI, you seem to have removed shikigva=80 for Polaris (don't worry, I already removed agdpmod=pikera).

It seems to be working, so I guess an RX 580 is now supported without shikigva=80. Is that new, or did I miss it on a previous update?

EDIT: It appears that shikigva=80 is still necessary for DRM on Polaris; it doesn't (and hasn't for a while) worked directly in Safari, but playing a Netflix title does load and play properly in Firefox with shikigva=80 in the boot args, does not load (just spins) with shikigva=80 omitted. Incorrect, see AG's response below.

Edited by juan e. jot

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Which secure boot model you use really doesn't matter, and does not have to correspond with what mac model you are using. It's 100% ok (and generally is better) to leave it enabled, even if the secure boot model doesn't match your mac model. You can switch around the model depending on what macOS versions you want to boot.

Couple snippets from the configuration.pdf:
Misc->Security->SecureBootModel:
image.png.c5503e1fc3974a047fcaabb56a2abf1e.png

It should generally be set to Default unless you have a specific reason you can't (such as injecting IO80211Family in Catalina, or use Nvidia Web Drivers)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, juan e. jot said:

AG's 0.6.7 EFI installed & working with 11.2.2, but I have a question I don't see addressed either on the Desktop Coffee Lake page of Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide, or in Differences.pdf: Even in your iMac19,1 EFI, you seem to have removed shikigva=80 for Polaris (don't worry, I already removed agdpmod=pikera).

It seems to be working, so I guess an RX 580 is now supported without shikigva=80. Is that new, or did I miss it on a previous update?

EDIT: It appears that shikigva=80 is still necessary for DRM on Polaris; it doesn't (and hasn't for a while) worked directly in Safari, but playing a Netflix title does load and play properly in Firefox with shikigva=80 in the boot args, does not load (just spins) with shikigva=80 omitted.

All Shikivga args are dead under big sur.

Edited by AudioGod

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

All Shikivga args are dead under big sur.

Aha, should have realized; thanks. Upon re-testing, the prolonged Netflix spin in Firefox I described with the shikigva boot arg removed doesn't happen & playback works; it must have been a network issue before.

Sorry, would have just edited my previous post, but then I couldn't quote your quite right info.

2 minutes ago, juan e. jot said:

Aha, should have realized; thanks. Upon re-testing, the prolonged Netflix spin in Firefox I described with the shikigva boot arg removed doesn't happen & playback works; it must have been a network issue before.

Sorry, would have just edited my previous post, but then I couldn't quote your quite right info.

To correct DRM for Apple TV plus Netflix and Amazon on Safari all you got to do is add unfairgva=1 to your boot arguments and off you go.

Edited by AudioGod

42 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

To correct DRM for Apple TV plus Netflix and Amazon on Safari all you got to do is add unfairgva=1 to your boot arguments and off you go.

Really? It doesn't have to be put in one (which, in this config?) of the PciRoot(0x0) entries as <01 00 00 00>; or be entered in the Terminal as defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes? Cool! Will try when I get a moment.

just looking at this config as I might need to switch motherboards from Master to Pro.

Anything special to look out for? Do I really need the profile for the bios or can I just setup it manually (if the CRS Unlock is in the bios)

8 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

just looking at this config as I might need to switch motherboards from Master to Pro.

Anything special to look out for? Do I really need the profile for the bios or can I just setup it manually (if the CRS Unlock is in the bios)

Audio codec needs to change from 16 to 7,

usb map is slightly different and so are the ACPI ssdts

As for the bios you can set it up manually or use a profile. That’s totally up to you bud.

20 minutes ago, juan e. jot said:

Really? It doesn't have to be put in one (which, in this config?) of the PciRoot(0x0) entries as <01 00 00 00>; or be entered in the Terminal as defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes? Cool! Will try when I get a moment.

Yeah any of the above will work too but some peoples PCI devices don’t inject under big sur and it seems kinda random to what works and what doesn’t so to save the hassle use the boot argument instead.

It seems to be the most universally working method of the three.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

going into bios because of issues... sometimes with reset to backup bios... solution = reboot till it works with no changes ... after that it runs for days and most of the time even reboots without issues... hangs in the C area of bios... Gigabyte says it might be CPU / GPU / PSU / RAM... GPU ruled out as I have the same issues without the GPU.. RAM also more or less because I tried two different kind of RAM including running them without xmp, PSU I will try to replug some connectors to different lines.. CPU... well... I have a Pro board here, master is not available atm.. so i will probably need to replace the board to rule it down to PSU / CPU... problem is... customer watercooling... so draining etc.. but I have a stock cpu cooler to at least try it out without refilling etc..