Site Issues

249 posts in this topic

I'm trying to follow along with some really great articles. I've been working some 3 weeks now to revive an old laptop by installing OSX on it. I'm starting with Snow Leopard. I've finally got it running. But need to learn DSDT.

There's a great with the following attachment:

How_to_patch_DSDT_with_LAN_and_HDEF_functions_including_LegacyHDA.zip

(from the article: Resources for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 ).

But insanelymac won't let me look at it (download it). I'm simply redirected to the front page -- extremely frustrating! :(

Anyway. I performed several searches, and received some 10 results. :) But the same thing; insanelymac redirects me to the front page.

Same problem here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=53274

(LegacyHDA.kexts)

From the article: [Guide] Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

C'mon. Creating a Hackintosh is frustrating enough, without adding even more. ;)

If anyone could be kind enough to make th(is|ese) link(s) work again. I'd be EXTREMELY grateful. :)

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

Grateful for your thoughtful reply, Allan!

Hmm... upgrade. ;)

Well. Here's hoping they still might be found. :)

Thanks again, Allan!

--Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The SSL Certificate of the site is expired.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 9.03.01 AM.png

And I don't know what's going on but the image attachment has some issues, it failed once or twice and now it shows the image in the editor but when I click save the attachment is not showing.

P.S.

After few tries the attachment is showing correctly in the post.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

The SSL Certificate of the site is expired.

No it isn't, your Safari is drunk!

On 6/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, ricoc90 said:

No it isn't, your Safari is drunk!

The weird part is that when I refresh the page it goes away and then it comes back on other pages as well so I have to refresh the page to be able to load it, maybe the web servers are drunk rather than the web browsers :D

• Haha 1

I cannot change my Gmail address to an iCloud address. For some reason, I'm not receiving the confirmation email. It could be a coincidence, but I have the same issue on everythingiCafe.

I've already contacted two admins about a week ago, but they haven't yet replied.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:56 AM, artur_pt said:

hello

the certificate from the forum is expired ..

give the right permissions on the certificate, and the problem is gone

good hack

Well that might solve the SSL expiration notice but why would we need to trust an outdated certificate to begin with? is it really that hard to renew the certificate??

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Well that might solve the SSL expiration notice but why would we need to trust an outdated certificate to begin with? is it really that hard to renew the certificate??

Hello

if u can do that .. do it

thanks

good hack

On 6/17/2019 at 12:15 AM, artur_pt said:

Hello

if u can do that .. do it

thanks

good hack

Trust me my friend if it was up to me I would have fixed it by now :D

but as it appears the company that gives the SSL certificate which is expired offers it for free https://letsencrypt.org/ so it's only a matter of asking them to renewing the certificate. So I think if the right person contacts them and asks them to renews the certificate the issue will be fixed.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 8.57.30 PM.png

Edited by Cyberdevs
I stand corrected.

Guest ricoc90
2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

but as it appears the company that gives the SSL certificate which is expired offers it for free https://letsencrypt.org/ so it's only a matter of asking them to renew the certificate. So I think if the right person contacts them and asks them to renew the certificate the issue will be fixed.

LetsEncrypt does not renew the certificate. LetsEncrypt should be installed on the server, then you renew the certificate from there (e.g. using certbot).

The cert does get renewed automatically, but there's an error where certain pages serve the old cert instead of the new one. I restarted the server, hopefully it clears up any cache!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1