Site Issues

249 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, joevt said:

I haven't received an e-mail notification since June 6. I've checked my junk mail and filters.

Have the same issue since I suscribe to the [pre-release] macOS Monterey topic. No email notification from this thread and all others that I'm used to follow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is the correct place for this query, but can Admin, Mods or anyone else please tell me what this is - teh 1337n3sst - on my Avatar? Thanks.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Don't know if this is the correct place for this query, but can Admin, Mods or anyone else please tell me what this is - teh 1337n3sst - on my Avatar? Thanks.

Check in Edit Profile. You may be able to set your Member Title. Not sure if it's enabled for donators.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Check in Edit Profile. You may be able to set your Member Title. Not sure if it's enabled for donators.

Thanks for the reply, had a look at your suggestion but cannot change it back to 'InsanelyMac Legend' from the now obscure title but no harm done - 'A Rose by any other name would smell just as sweet' :yes:

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Thanks for the reply, had a look at your suggestion but cannot change it back to 'InsanelyMac Legend' from the now obscure title but no harm done - 'A Rose by any other name would smell just as sweet' :yes:

This option is not available? 👇

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 17.37.01.png

EDIT: If not @eSaF, I can change it for you 😉

19 minutes ago, Allan said:

This option is not available? 👇

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 17.37.01.png

EDIT: If not @eSaF, I can change it for you 😉

Hi Alan thanks for your reply, I'd like to keep the Nick as eSaF but I was wondering why my status went from 'InsanelyMac Legend' to this strange status 'teh 1337n3sst' and what was the significance. But like I said not a problem just wondering that's all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Hi Alan thanks for your reply, I'd like to keep the Nick as eSaF but I was wondering why my status went from 'InsanelyMac Legend' to this strange status 'teh 1337n3sst' and what was the significance. But like I said not a problem just wondering that's all.

Ok.

Look at the member title again ^_^

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not to give credence to the Posters, what the he££ is up with these 'Gummies' trolls (Not that I ever click or open to find out) popping up on a regular basis on the site peddling some sort of $hit? So B-L-O-O-D-Y annoying,:wallbash: I know they are taken down as soon as but still appears just as fast. Mods please treat or delete my rant as you see fit.

Uh oh!! There goes another one 'Trim of life Keto' - It's like Whack a Mole" :lol: - Who actually police the site is it all Mods or Admin? Maybe you need someone or more than one who is not otherwise preoccupied (not that I'm open to the job myself) to censor these freeloaders peddling nonsense on the site.

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 2

We used to use the quiz for spam mitigation, but it hasn't been updated in years, and the original code has gone missing. Custom built solutions like these are quite effective, but require the most work. SFS has been proposed a few times, but it's already integrated in the IPS Spam Service

As it currently stands, ~85% of accounts posting spam are not caught by the built-in tools, regardless of the configuration. Approving new content and members manually is possible, but puts a large burden on the moderators

Still thinking of other ideas

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Poco said:

We used to use the quiz for spam mitigation, but it hasn't been updated in years, and the original code has gone missing.

Thanks for the explanation, ah yes, that explains why so many are getting through here on late, I guess like everything in life you will get violators on the site circumventing the rules. :(

@Allan or anyone else in charge, would you please explain to me where the post that had this attachment ended up? (And not the first time) Also to understand if I posted something wrong ... A minimum of explanation would be appreciated to avoid repeating the mistake.... Thanks

1045853528_Schermata2021-11-04alle21_10_44.png.7e84965013b60b6ce151b73ef3d2922f.png

Edited by antuneddu

4 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Thanks, no that is of vital importance .. I'll survive the same, seen to understand if I was wrong in some way ... that's all 😐

I can DM you the Resources.zip attachment if needed. Just let me know.