Site Issues

249 posts in this topic

1. [[Template core/front/streams/streamItems is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:hammer: :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I just came across this and I'd like to offer to help getting the website up to snuff again!

I'm sure we have enough people in the community that are willing to help, too :)
Maybe @Poco we can do a Discord chat room or so for people who are interested like @rjhornsby and organise the whole thing?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Balamut said:

What about Unread Content? It's been showing No New Content for the past 3 month.

One of the known issues already reported. I will give them a week before relaunching them.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone  :)

I didn't want to post this before @smx did it, but since he still didn't responded, so I'm going to do it. :P Just to let you know that before Fubra guys do their work on their side, I asked smx (our tech team member) to take a look at it and he gentilly helped. He has applied a workaround for the search indexer and that also fixed background tasks issues and indices are rebuilding.

1.PNG

But due to the extra large amount of topics/threads/posts (do you remembers a recent topic with >50 pages in one week?  :P ), this will take a while.

2.PNG 

Once done we'll see if the forum gets quicker or not.  ^_^

This is a very great news, thank you so much to  @smx for his help. All credits go to him. So pls be kind to not react to my post, as I do not deserve it. Just wait 'til  @smx replies and then react on his post. I would really appreciate it.

BR

fantomas

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello again, Insanelymac :D

I was contacted by @Allan and @fantomas to see if there is something i could do for the site.

So here i am, but i don't have the same time i had back when i started here.

As you might or might not know, i'm not the owner of the site but i can administer it.

As @Poco mentioned several other times, the work to do here is much and our resources are limited.

Administering a site this big is no joke and, as you noticed, requires constant supervision to make sure things don't fall apart.

As i work full time, i'm not sure i can provide the attention and time this site needs with my own forces.

With this said, i looked at the current issues.

The actual issue is that the search is having problems, and it affects backround tasks.

With background tasks not running properly, indices are not kept updated and the site became slower

I didn't fix the original issue with the search but i adjusted the configuration so that it can produce some results and not block backgound indexing tasks.

It will take some time for the operation to complete, but then the site should feel and perform a bit faster

If there are other issues that i can resolve in reasonable time and without too much disruption, i can take a peek

No promises tho

Have a good day :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

It looks like the search server is now back in order.

I restored the configuration and everything seems to be back in order

Indices are done rebuilding now, so the site should feel less sluggish than before

• Thanks 5

Hi @smx

Thanks for fixing the site, the performance is already way much better and the site is more responsive that it has been for a long time.

Just to let you know we had an issue with PM's which is when there are several pages of conversation we can't go to a page by clicking the number of the page so the work around is to select the page and then refresh the whole page so it will load properly, can you please look into it and see if you can fix that as well?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi @smx

Thanks for fixing the site, the performance is already way much better and the site is more responsive that it has been for a long time.

Just to let you know we had an issue with PM's which is when there are several pages of conversation we can't go to a page by clicking the number of the page so the work around is to select the page and then refresh the whole page so it will load properly, can you please look into it and see if you can fix that as well?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you :)

About the issue with PMs, i don't think i have enough of them to reproduce it myself

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smx said:

Thank you :)

About the issue with PMs, i don't think i have enough of them to reproduce it myself

I can invite you to one of my conversations if that's gonna help or we can start a new conversation if you want.

@Cyberdevs  Seems like an issue with pagination but I can reproduce the same behavior only with the current theme and once I switch to IPS default theme, the problem is gone, everything is working well.  

@smx  Do you think it would be possible to put back the quiz to deal with spammers? It worked well before.

1 hour ago, fantomas said:

@Cyberdevs  Seems like an issue with pagination but I can reproduce the same behavior only with the current theme and once I switch to IPS default theme, the problem is gone, everything is working well.  

Hi @fantomas

I still have the same issue with both themes. :(

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 1.56.57 PM.png

6 hours ago, fantomas said:

@smx  Do you think it would be possible to put back the quiz to deal with spammers? It worked well before. 

It's not straightforward

The quiz was for the previous version of Invision and it cannot be installed as-is on the new one

Given the massive changes in the new version, it might need a total rewrite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hum... the forum is still in lack of performances from my side, especially when the page is charging after I deleted a topic or warned a spammer. 

Also "mention" feature does not work properly, I can only mention one person by post. And once the person mentioned, I cannot go to the start of a new line, I must compose my message after the mention, on the same line.

45 minutes ago, fantomas said:

What's the problem with the ad? 

Mate just check pictures in spoiler. I make photo for u. On Catalina I blocked that via AdGuard but he does not work BigSur.

Spoiler

322592806_Screenshot2020-07-13at21_02_56.thumb.png.d494c5f8cd5a4a3fa19e1bbb3b5f4884.png

Edited by crusher

6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys,

I'm having double notifications, does this happen to you to?

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.42.03 PM.png

it doesn't happen all the time but it happens a lot.

I am experiencing double notifications as well unfortunately.