Site Issues

249 posts in this topic

Post issues relating to the site performance or broken sections (theme issues should be posted in the dedicated topic https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334181-theme-bugs/). Remember we may not be aware of an issue you are facing, so let us know! :)

Known issues

• Login on homepage does not work - you must be in the forum
  • Chat page is broken and does not display
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nice @Poco, here's some things that I've notice.

Another issues:

• Members page are not working.
  • The Rules button link the users to a provisional topic that I've made. Would be good to have a dedicated page as before, with the others languages included.
  • The link at Netbooks Forum - myMacNetbook - are not working. But I think that we'll not use it anymore.
  • OT: We can have support for emojis? :P

Thank you again. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Poco, now the site is more suitable, faste, stable and fast! Many things missed from the earlier version are now working, please can the chat room be added to the list, because it’s so useful. We can just chat by group or one by one for solving some friends problems, or fixing issues by group and or for testing the latest releases instead of posting in topic that take more time!

Thanks

I’m using Tapatalk right now

6 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

please can the chat room be added to the list, because it’s so useful. We can just chat by group or one by one for solving some friends problems, or fixing issues by group and or for testing the latest releases instead of posting in topic that take more time!

Poco already told about this here - Take a look:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sooo sloooooow. Too many ads ( i know is part of a free site but is annoying ).

recurrent "lost gateway timeout...."

Hope this is fixed.

Salutes!

Hi guys,

Well here's some of the ones I found, in a more organised fashion.

Incoming wall of text! Well, I'll try to make it as beautiful as possible. But it's still gonna be a wall of text.

Tapatalk redirect issues from notifications

If you get a notification like "[someone] liked/quoted your posted in [thread]", when you try to open that notification and go to the respective post to which the notification refers, well...you're always (sometimes) redirected to the last post of that thread.

This seems to happen for posts that are on the last page, but not the last posts...if that makes any sense. Meaning, if your post is on the last page and the notification refers to it, you will get redirected to the last post (even if that's not the correct post). But if it's on other pages, it seems to actually go to the correct post.

Now, of course, if yours happens to be the last one, all fine. If not, well, you're screwed. :)) Cause you can't see which post that notification refers to. You can probably guess....depending on what you posted. :)) But still, I doubt that this is intended.

This occurs to both iOS and Android versions of Tapatalk.

Update: this is weird as hell.... Some of them redirect correctly, some of them redirect to the last post, some of them redirect around the correct post, but not ON the correct post...

I'm not an expert, and this could very well be a Tapatalk issue, as well, but isn't the notification sending the link TO THAT POST? How the hell is it then landing on another one? :)))

Clicking a notification marks all of them as read

As the title says, clicking a notification on the site, marks ALL of them as read.

So, if you've got a bunch of notifications you want to address, one by one, you can't. Unless you have a very good memory, or not so many notifications and you can remember which ones are actually new. :) 

@Allan content moved, cleanup performed.

Update: After reading the known issues on top, i removed the posts/sections of my posts which were describing the same thing, to avoid redundancies.

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PoisonApple666 said:

not for me....

when i click on the voodoo hda for example...it just goes to a page that has no option to download

It is an issue with our current theme - Please switch to Default IPS theme and you'll be good.

EDIT:

Just checked and it is relatively easy to fix it  ;)  (The page has been voluntarily unzoomed to allow its full display).

fix.PNG

On 6/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, PoisonApple666 said:

not for me....

when i click on the voodoo hda for example...it just goes to a page that has no option to download

Which VoodooHDA are you trying to download? The one I tried works fine... Could you, please, post a link, or a screenshot? Or both? :) 

7 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

Indeed, in my case, this one is showed up just fine: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/728-voodoohda/

But this one not: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/934-voodoohda-291-2018-full-pack/

Firefox 60.0.2

Yep, that one doesn't work, indeed. Not sure why... The whole section is missing.

There is, however, a link for downloading that kext from SF: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Update:

Nope! Definitely not missing. It's there. Just...waaay, waay to the right. :)))) This is definitely a forum bug.

1064840938_Screenshot2018-06-14at10_22_49.thumb.png.cb8389835ca0f650a094509922e44f9b.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poco said:

Pesky missing </div>! Fixed the downloads display, it was breaking on any file with pictures :p

Lol!

Confirmed. All fine now.

One more: for PM threads longer than 1 page, when switching to the second page, the page remains in kind of a loading state with the semi transparent white layer on top. The loading animation itself is finished loading. But that layer continues to be displayed even after that. The page is also displayed as Page 1, even if it should actually be Page 2. It's like it's stuck between pages (displaying the last successfully loaded page). A page refresh fixes the issue (including switching to Page 2) until you decide to go to the next page, and so on so forth.

Also, when clicking a PM notification, it would be nice if you could get redirected to the actual message, even if it's on the 2nd or 3rd page. Right now, it just defaults to the first page of that message thread.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

I've a problem on PM, so if I open a (specified user) PM, and then if i open directly another one, then i'll have the two PMs in one page, i mean the first opened and the second in the same page.