AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So, just to be clear, you're trying to enable the microphone near the camera, right? Do you have it listed in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input (built-in)? Can you provide a screenshot of that?

Also, does the microphone work on its own or doesn't work in a specific app? What happens if you test it in System Preferences? 

i have it but i haven't any volume in it 

i test it in many app  but it doesn't work .

Screen Shot 1397-04-25 at 16.36.10.png

Screen Shot 1397-04-25 at 16.36.43.png

7 minutes ago, darkbluecode said:

i have it but i haven't any volume in it 

i test it in many app  but it doesn't work .

Screen Shot 1397-04-25 at 16.36.10.png

Screen Shot 1397-04-25 at 16.36.43.png

I'm not an expert in laptop audio but...it looks ok... And the point I was trying to make is to try without any app by default. Since, some of them have their own setting for microphone.

So, if when you tap the microphone near the camera, or speak, you get no change in Input Level, then the problem might be somewhere else. And honestly I don't know where.

Hi 

i have asus gl553vd 

and i used yout kext and speaker working now but microphone doesn't work but when i used voodahda microphone work but i don't love that audio because it has so bad noise  

now how can i fix microphone ?

* when i using headphone , headphone microphone work good

Which version of (AppleALC & Lilu) kexts are you using? Which version of macOS? What is your codec? alcxxx?

Can you enable/disable microphone from bios? Does it work in windows/linux?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Which version of (AppleALC & Lilu) kexts are you using? Which version of macOS? What is your codec? alcxxx?

Can you enable/disable microphone from bios? Does it work in windows/linux?

kext last V . yesterday i update all .

no .

yes work so good.

when i used vooodahda it was work so good.

Hi @vandroiy2012 @vit9696 ,

I tried the latest AppleALC and Lilu (that have just been released an hour ago), these latest kexts do not work for ALC3254/295 on my Dell Inspiron 7370 laptop. I will have a grey out sound icon that I'm not able to control the volume (meaning didn't work). I tried id=3, 13, 28. Thanks.

Hi,

I updated ApleALC from 1.2.8 to 1.3.0 and my ALC889 stop working.

In previous v1.2.8 I injected Audio id 12 from Clover. When Updating to 1.3.0 (previously I updated Lilu to 1.2.5) I have no sound and grey audio icon. Reverting to AppleALC 1.2.8 works again. No need to revert Lili from 1.2.5 to previous version.

I also tried other layouts: 11, 0x00004 and layout 1. No success.

Any help? Thanks

Hi,

I updated ApleALC from 1.2.8 to 1.3.0 and my ALC889 stop working.

In previous v1.2.8 I injected Audio id 12 from Clover. When Updating to 1.3.0 (previously I updated Lilu to 1.2.5) I have no sound and grey audio icon. Reverting to AppleALC 1.2.8 works again. No need to revert Lili from 1.2.5 to previous version.

I also tried other layouts: 11, 0x00004 and layout 1. No success.

Any help? Thanks

Which OS. Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave?

hdas -> hdef ?

50 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Which OS. Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave?

hdas -> hdef ?

AppleALC 1.2.8 works for me in HSierra and Mojave beta. None of them works with 1.3.0.

In 1.3.0, I tried with "hdas -> hdef" patch enabled and disabled. Not working.

In v1.2.8 hdas->hdef has no effect. It works with or without it.

Edited by jaliskillu

Today when i update to AppleALC1.3.0 and my sound have stop working now and it shows grey icon on state bar.

I'm using HDEF to using AppleALC and my laptop is XPS15-9550.

I had to redownload AppleALC1.2.8 to rework my sound.

All look fine but my sound still cant work.

QQ20180720-195102@2x.png

QQ20180720-195119@2x.png

QQ20180720-195155@2x.png

QQ20180720-195221@2x.png

Now  i'm using AppleALC1.2.8 and sound works fine and i looked into Ioreg and i found AppleALC1.2.8 have more properties than AppleALC1.3.0 such as

• apple-layout-id
  • MaximumBootBeepVolume
  • alc-layout-id
  • IOPCIMSIMode

I hope this found can help to debug how AppleALC1.3.0 dont work.

Thanks for your works.

QQ20180720-200250@2x.png

Hi vit9696  I couldn't find my codec in your AppleALC source   my codec 10EC0230 I have patched AplpleHDA.kext 

I have attached all info using utility command above and I have few issue in this patched  applehda.kext 

when I go to sound preference  output balance slider issue when I draw slider left working fine and right slider not fine

please fix this issue and add my codec id in your source because this codec id haven't your source

I also attached codec_dump which I extracted from linux.    this is working 10.13 and 10.14 using layout id 13 

PatchedAppleHDA-info.zip

I also lost my sound  after update AppleALC from 1.28 to 1.30 + lilu 1.2.5 in os x 10.13.6 with DSDT . Mine codec is ALC885.And rollback to 1.28 + lilu 1.2.4 without any problem.

Edited by limurphy

Hi, I need help in creating a new layout to support the Docking audio port on Zbook 15 G2 (ALC280).

Currently:

Layout 4:

+ Built-in mic works, ext mic (line in) works with noise (no ambient noise reduction option).

+ Internal speaker and headphone hot-swap works, but no line out for the docking.

Layout 13:

+ No internal speaker or mic.

+ Headphone works, line out for the docking works.

+ There are 2 selections for ext mic (line in), the first one works (with ambient noise reduction option).

I tried to clone the layout 13 and adding internal speaker and mic from layout4 to it, but didn't work.

My procedure:

+ Modify layout.xml and platforms.xml

+ Add record to info.plist and pin.plist

+ Build with Xcode and import to Clover Kext folder.

Even if I tried to modify layout 13 or 4 instead of making a new one, it still results same as the original one, nothing was changed.

Here is my files, I sorry for my bad modification.

Thank you so much!

codec_dump.txt

Codec Map.txt

Archive.zip

layout13-in.png

layout13-out.png

layout4-in.png

layout4-out.png

Edited by Unnamed X

Nvidiagraphicfixup is deprecated by WhatEverGreen. Try to replace and use it without the hdmi ssdt.
Also, it should take care of the gfx/igpu renaming instead of clover, right now your Ethernet is also gfx0.
Also, although you injected on-board-2 it's set to on-board-1 in ioreg. Too many solutions all at once maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Whatevergreen is for AMD, I have an Nvidia and so Nvidiagraphicfixup is the right kext for my system.  Sorry, and I appreciate your efforts, but I'm not going to use Whatevergreen on an Nvidia card based system.

I appreciate your time.  Thank you.

WhateverGreen is now for all GFXs, AMD, Nvidia and Intel and it also replaces Shiki. vit9696 merged them all into WhateverGreen.