AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, twsps said:

Yes, I can successfully boot in, using id=13. Here I attached files for you to check.

Thanks.

Step 1.zip

Uncheck PluginType and then reboot:

Spoiler

866204972_ScreenShot2018-07-09at2_46_10PM.png.74c3ae6486c44ee02dbc6212d07b5294.png

Once done and you can boot without problem, remove the following from the patched folder:

Spoiler

1568669480_ScreenShot2018-07-09at2_56_36PM.png.ea9fcb72c5430399262b86a7c546f6c3.png

Then do the following with the latest clover configurator:

Spoiler

371670913_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_02_20PM.png.a2fc6c75fc43ba1a24b7d3b7a4022ad5.png

Now see if you're able to boot!

Uncheck PluginType and then reboot:

Reveal hidden contents 866204972_ScreenShot2018-07-09at2_46_10PM.png.74c3ae6486c44ee02dbc6212d07b5294.png

Once done and you can boot without problem, remove the following from the patched folder:

Reveal hidden contents https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7eb0b5b89a0af038b737118dc4bd88ab99825a65a517b2615[/img]1568669480_ScreenShot2018-07-09at2_56_36PM.png.ea9fcb72c5430399262b86a7c546f6c3.png

Then do the following with the latest clover configurator:

Reveal hidden contents 371670913_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_02_20PM.png.a2fc6c75fc43ba1a24b7d3b7a4022ad5.png

Now see if you're able to boot!

I'm able to boot, attached files.

Note: SSDT-XOSI is for brightness key fix, but I'm ok to remove now and try next step to find the problem

Thanks

Step 2.zip

Ok, now check the following:

Spoiler

1078810168_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_41_18PM.png.bf4e283ab361df05eb0afeedec181438.png

1331213593_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_44_33PM.png.116778443a43c5917ea0aa7b1291a73c.png

1860648962_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_47_56PM.png.3e9659834d4b373b7a10d0fa586bd59d.png 938242677_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_52_55PM.png.7b4c18f5b25c11fff92ab997de93832b.png   1633524478_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_57_16PM.png.4b5081a11e29fe7a2c5cf83227614c29.png

Now because of the DSDT already contain Layout ID 28 which was proposed by @pepito1, i added it into screenshot. And because of CpuSsdt already contain the required things for CPUPM, you can uncheck AppleIntelCPUPM like the screenshot. Then, you can go to KernelAndKextPatches, and under KernelToPatch add the following:

Spoiler

<key>KernelToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAADzA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAAkJA=
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>

Reboot, and see if you can boot with the these options

3 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Ok, now check the following:

Hide contents

1078810168_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_41_18PM.png.bf4e283ab361df05eb0afeedec181438.png

1331213593_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_44_33PM.png.116778443a43c5917ea0aa7b1291a73c.png

1860648962_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_47_56PM.png.3e9659834d4b373b7a10d0fa586bd59d.png 938242677_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_52_55PM.png.7b4c18f5b25c11fff92ab997de93832b.png   1633524478_ScreenShot2018-07-09at3_57_16PM.png.4b5081a11e29fe7a2c5cf83227614c29.png

Now because of the DSDT already contain Layout ID 28 which was proposed by @pepito1, i added it into screenshot. And because of CpuSsdt already contain the required things for CPUPM, you can uncheck AppleIntelCPUPM like the screenshot. Then, you can go to KernelAndKextPatches, and under KernelToPatch add the following:

Hide contents

<key>KernelToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAADzA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAAkJA=
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>

Reboot, and see if you can boot with the these options

Just curious, why would I need SAT0 to SATA? I'm using NVMe and there's no SATA disk in my laptop. But beside all this, would SATA matter with audio?

10 minutes ago, twsps said:

Just curious, why would I need SAT0 to SATA? I'm using NVMe and there's no SATA disk in my laptop. But beside all this, would SATA matter with audio?

You can leave it as is or use it, now because Apple names SATA to SATA in ACPI I follow them in each step, some devices MUST be renamed in order to have full support, like Device EC=Embedded Controller, ALS0, but in our case DELL uses ECDV and we cannot rename them otherwise KP. And NO, SATA wouldn't matter audio, as i said it's just a tweak to follow Macs attitude, i do that in every hack i own. What i did here is not just for audio as you can see, but in order to have the things between the minimum and the maximum, so the system have to be free of errors during the boot process

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Just now, ammoune78 said:

You can leave it as is or use it, now because Apple names SATA to SATA in ACPI I follow them in each step, some devices MUST be renamed in order to have full support, like Device EC=Embedded Controller, ALS0, but in our case DELL uses ECDV and we cannot rename them otherwise KP. And NO, SATA wouldn't matter audio, as i said it's just a tweak to follow Macs attitude, i do that in every hack i own. What i did here is not just for audio as you can see, but in order to have the things between the minimum and the maximum, so the system have to be free of errors during the boot process

For disable drivers, I can't do that... I believe I need the code to do that. For the second section, I believe you mean KextsToPatch not KernelToPatch..

Thanks

3 minutes ago, twsps said:

For disable drivers, I can't do that... I believe I need the code to do that.

If you disable VBoxHfs you'll have KP? What code do you need?

For the second section, I believe you mean KextsToPatch not KernelToPatch

No, under KernelToPatch

Edited by ammoune78

6 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

No, under KernelToPatch

If I add under disable driver "VBoxHfs-64", clover will not see any disks. I'll retry KernelToPatch now

9 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

No, under KernelToPatch

There's no section called KernelToPatch

12 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

No, under KernelToPatch

Ok, I added KernelToPatch section my own. The issue still exists. Here I've attached files for you to check.

Note: I didn't add disable driver because I won't be able to see any disks in clover if I add that.

Thanks

Step 3.zip

step 3 intel power gadget.png

Just now, twsps said:

If I add under disable driver "VBoxHfs-64", clover will not see any disks. I'll retry KernelToPatch now

Sure, because you don't have HFSPlus.efi, here's under the following:

Spoiler

918815070_ScreenShot2018-07-09at4_44_13PM.thumb.png.418d2f733fe2d11bbe34fa32ca629f7b.png

5 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Sure, because you don't have HFSPlus.efi, here's under the following:

Hide contents

918815070_ScreenShot2018-07-09at4_44_13PM.thumb.png.418d2f733fe2d11bbe34fa32ca629f7b.png

Sorry, I don't have those options in my clover configurator. Here I have HFSPlus under UEFI section.

Btw, would this matter to cpu management related to AppleALC?

2 minutes ago, twsps said:

Sorry, I don't have those options in my clover configurator. Here I have HFSPlus under UEFI section.

Btw, would this matter to cpu management related to AppleALC?

You can download the latest version by clicking on clover configurator in the menubar and then check for updates

Do you still have the problem? Why you keep checked DellSMBIOSPatch, without it you can't boot? Now do you have the same problem on all macOS versions or only Mojave? Have you tried the latest build of AppleALC and Lilu?

You can download the latest version by clicking on clover configurator in the menubar and then check for updates
Do you still have the problem? Why you keep checked DellSMBIOSPatch, without it you can't boot? Now do you have the same problem on all macOS versions or only Mojave? Have you tried the latest build of AppleALC and Lilu?

I'm using macOS High Sierra, for Mojave, it stuck at ++++++++. And when wake up today, my High Sierra also stuck at ++++++++. For DellSMBiosPatch, I need this to make usb injection work. Right now I need to solve why it stuck at ++++++++

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

I'm using macOS High Sierra, for Mojave, it stuck at ++++++++. And when wake up today, my High Sierra also stuck at ++++++++. For DellSMBiosPatch, I need this to make usb injection work. Right now I need to solve why it stuck at ++++++++

Why you can’t boot , last time you was able! Did you changed something after my previous post, before posting the latest kexts? I need some time of rest now because it’s a night in my country, so i can help you from iphone and not from the laptop right now!
You only have to remember what the last change you did before shutting down the laptop. Check again that config for any mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why you can’t boot , last time you was able! Did you changed something after my previous post, before posting the latest kexts? I need some time of rest now because it’s a night in my country, so i can help you from iphone and not from the laptop right now!
You only have to remember what the last change you did before shutting down the laptop. Check again that config for any mistake

I'll try to solve it myself, but I would like to know are all those settings necessary? I'll try to use latest Lilu and AppleALC you've provided after I can boot into OS.
Ps. I never understand when ++++++++ would occur

I'll try to solve it myself, but I would like to know are all those settings necessary?

I never said i can’t help you!
Yes, because you’re last post confirmed that it worked, except for that driver, and after that i suggested that you download hfsplus from clover configurator drivers menu, and you said that you don’t have the latest build.

Each set in your config have a sense, uncheck things doesn’t mean that your config is good and checking too much things doesn’t mean by the same way it’s good each hack will have some of same sets but not all completely. I let you check the things that need to be for a proper boot process, and let you uncheck things that doesn’t make sense for your hack like: uncheck xmp because of laptop memory, RTC because i already patched it in DSDT, AppleIntelCPUPM because we added CpuSsdt with new way plugin-type in the case of your hardware, xosi because i added Darwin in \_OSI for OS check by@RehabMan in the DSDT.

You just have to know why to do, not complicated, these problems you had and have with your hack will help you to know more, like every one here!

May i ask you what you did before shutting down your laptop, this will help us to go directly to the problem

• Like 1

I never said i can’t help you!
Yes, because you’re last post confirmed that it worked, except for that driver, and after that i suggested that you download hfsplus from clover configurator drivers menu, and you said that you don’t have the latest build.

Each set in your config have a sense, uncheck things doesn’t mean that your config is good and checking too much things doesn’t mean by the same way it’s good each hack will have some of same sets but not all completely. I let you check the things that need to be for a proper boot process, and let you uncheck things that doesn’t make sense for your hack like: uncheck xmp because of laptop memory, RTC because i already patched it in DSDT, AppleIntelCPUPM because we added CpuSsdt with new way plugin-type in the case of your hardware, xosi because i added Darwin in \_OSI for OS check by[mention=1031260]RehabMan[/mention] in the DSDT.

You just have to know why to do, not complicated, these problems you had and have with your hack will help you to know more, like every one here!

May i ask you what you did before shutting down your laptop, this will help us to go directly to the problem

Actually I didn't do any settings tbh. Sometimes my Dell will go into kp but it won't when I boot up the second time. I'll reinstall again and do everything again

Actually I didn't do any settings tbh. Sometimes my Dell will go into kp but it won't when I boot up the second time. I'll reinstall again and do everything again

Have you updated the bios to the latest one? Another thing is maybe you need an nvme patch, and maybe a fresh download of the latest macOS with fresh usb media and clover, and i need you to post a IOREG and video or screenshot of the verbose!

Have you updated the bios to the latest one? Another thing is maybe you need an nvme patch, and maybe a fresh download of the latest macOS with fresh usb media and clover, and i need you to post a IOREG and video or screenshot of the verbose!

Nvme patch is already included since macOS 10.12.5. 10.13.6 just released today, but I'll still stick with 13.5 right now. After the new installation with my own DSDT and SSDT, I'll give you my ioreg with latest Lilu and AppleALC you've provided

Nvme patch is already included since macOS 10.12.5. 10.13.6 just released today, but I'll still stick with 13.5 right now. After the new installation with my own DSDT and SSDT, I'll give you my ioreg with latest Lilu and AppleALC you've provided

A verbose also is needed, but i’ve seen strange thing in the original DSDT you can see it from the origin folder after pressing F4, the OEM Revision of that DSDT is 0x01072009, similar thing for other SSDT’s that have 0x00003000, and this means that the tables had been updated more than one time, knowing that your laptop is a new generation! Mine is only haswell 2013 but have 0x00000012, sensrhub-ssdt have 0x00000000 other have 0x00002000, this mean that it had no much updates, which means that he haven’t had much bugs, errors and such things that need really to do for it an update.

IMHO, rollback to previous bios versions and see if you’ll have same problem!

Or update it if it’s not the case

A verbose also is needed, but i’ve seen strange thing in the original DSDT you can see it from the origin folder after pressing F4, the OEM Revision of that DSDT is 0x01072009, similar thing for other SSDT’s that have 0x00003000, and this means that the tables had been updated more than one time, knowing that your laptop is a new generation! Mine is only haswell 2013 but have 0x00000012, sensrhub-ssdt have 0x00000000 other have 0x00002000, this mean that it had no much updates, which means that he haven’t had much bugs, errors and such things that need really to do for it an update.

IMHO, rollback to previous bios versions and see if you’ll have same problem!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOr update it if it’s not the case

I didn't update my bios for a while. But even if I remove all dsdt and ssdt with clean clover, I would also have the same issue. So would it relate to my current dsdt or ssdt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't update my bios for a while. But even if I remove all dsdt and ssdt with clean clover, I would also have the same issue. So would it relate to my current dsdt or ssdt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes i know, but best thing is to try bios versions one by one and see, we all know that the latest versions is the one that have to be, but sometimes it’s not the case, some problems appear or disappear from bios version to another!
You’ll experiment that by yourself. This also is to try, yes do it to have mind free.

• Like 1