AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,379 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2018 at 1:19 AM, ammoune78 said:

For your own infos about what i mean here for ACPI-OEM Revision:

Reveal hidden contents

307529522_ScreenShot2018-07-11at6_14_54PM.png.b322ba1f2b2ff22b38726c10df1dea96.png

485717452_ScreenShot2018-07-11at6_16_26PM.png.4eec7ff1d04da44a2111c55d63203aa2.png

Sorry for the late reply,

I tried installing the latest High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Dell Inspiron 13 laptop. Here I attached my Intel Power Gadget and ioreg. I didn't do HDAS->HDEF (doesn't change the situation here).

AppleALC id 28.png

AppleALC id 13.png

AppleALC with id 1(wrong id:no sound).png

Dell Inspiron 13 ioreg.ioreg

Spoiler
4 hours ago, twsps said:

@ammoune78 I have updated my BIOS to the latest version. But same issue. Here I attached Power Gadget and ioreg.

ioreg BIOS Updated.ioreg

Updated BIOS (id=13).png

Man, do a linux dump of your codec, and post it here, IF CHANCE IS WITH YOU, @vandroiy2012 can integrate it in AppleALC!

Edited by ammoune78

Spoiler  

Man, do a linux dump of your codec, and post it here, IF CHANCE IS WITH YOU, [mention=1069282]vandroiy2012[/mention] can integrate it in AppleALC!
No problem, I'll be glad to do it! Is there a direct guide for me to follow? I don't want to dump something that might not be what the genius here wants!

Thanks

Sent from my Mate 9 using Tapatalk

On 2/9/2018 at 8:19 AM, MacPeet said:

The first step in a new codec is getting a codec_dump from a Linux live.
Then convert the codec_dump with codecgraph.
Then take the values from verbs.txt and create the PinConfig with PinConfigurator.
Then from codec_dump_dec.txt and codec_dump_dec.txt.svg find the nodes chains and create the files layout??.xml.zlib and Platforms??.xml.zlib.
?? = free layoutID found in AppleALC for your chip type.

Take a look at my old german manual!

These are just examples, not a solution for everything.
All apps (PinConfigurator, codecgraph,...) can be found there in Tool_Paket_patch_AppleHDA.zip.
Some steps in the manual (binary patch, etc.) are no longer required for AppleALC.
I do not patch AppleHDA anymore. I add layout, Platforms and PinConfig only in AppleALC. My Thread patch AppleHDA is older, but the first steps are always the same.

If PinConfig is complete then insert the new entry in "AppleALC-master/Resources/PinConfigs.kext/Contents/Info.plist".
The finished layout??.xml.zlib and Platforms??.xml.zlib you copy into the respective ALC folder in "AppleALC-master/Resources/Folder??".
In this folder edit the "Info.plist" and add new entries for Files/Layouts and Files/Platforms.

Then compile AppleALC with xcode and try ...

• Like 1

So… the original guide is in German?

Do I follow the below code and upload those generated files here?

cat / proc / asound / card0 / codec # 1> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt or cat / proc / asound / card0 / codec # 0> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt or cat / proc / asound / card1 / codec # 0> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, twsps said:

So… the original guide is in German?

Do I follow the below code and upload those generated files here?

cat / proc / asound / card0 / codec # 1> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt or cat / proc / asound / card0 / codec # 0> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt or cat / proc / asound / card1 / codec # 0> ~ / Desktop / codec_dump.txt

I think you still need steps until PinConfig, then upload them!

On July 7, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Babiloe said:

Hello

i am in Asus U36SD Sandy Bridge using El Capitan in Enoch Bootloader MBR. The sound card is ALC269VB and HDMI audio cougar. With ioreg i saw the layout id is 0c 00 00 00 aka 12. DSDT untouched.

No support for layout id 12 for this ALC269, right. linuxdump in below

Usually AppleALC can be used with Clover boot loader with Lilu kext and hdaenabler and layoutid in clover config.

1. Is there any experience using this AppleALC with Enoch boot loader?

I guess it still need Lilu.kext

and have Layout id like this? Any add on kext others except AppleALC and lilu?

in com.chameleon.Boot.plist 

<key>HDAEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
	<string>0c000000</string

is it needed to also ? kext-dev=1

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f kext-dev-mode=1</string>       
    <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>  
       <string>3</string>

Any thoughts ?

codec0_dump.txt

codec0_dump3.txt

lspci.txt

Its worked with mbr enoch boot loader!

layout 3 by dsdt patches with irq fix, direct layouid to 3 in HDEF.

dsdt.aml

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

44 minutes ago, twsps said:

I finished Step 1 in the German guide (with translate). It seems like the guide is compiling everything, so I'm not sure if I need to do step 2 or not (I'll continue to try). Here I'll first attach my results from step 1.

Thanks.

codecgraph.zip

CodecDump.zip

31 minutes ago, twsps said:

Actually I tried with Step 2, but I'm stuck at binpatch with HDA Wizard 2.0, I don't know what to put in there for my ALC3254 codec. 

p.s. ALC295 is the same as ALC3254.. I believe 

Ok good, but don't quote me with that. I'm only simple user that love to help you and others, with a little knowledge that i have since years, compared to developers and coders and other advanced users, i don't want to start playing writing their names, it's nothing. But instead, write a gentle request for @vandroiy2012, to add this codecs info into AppleALC, because he do too much work, by maintaining the database up to date. So hoping if he can do it, and if these infos will help you.

Edited by ammoune78

On 7/13/2018 at 1:22 AM, ammoune78 said:

In AppleALC info.plist there's a list of supported codec by this kext, and for each one of them, a list of supported layout ids, this can help you try others, if sadly, one doesn't work.In the other side, and in the case of my DELL notebook, I had same problem, you can see that in previous posts, that some patches do things different than others, and @chris1111 suggested to me to try @RehabMan patches, and it worked but with a specific layout id. I'm personally, one from users who like always patching ACPI, if I can do something that will let hardware work by just patching ACPI, i'll go for. In your case maybe not, so try first other layout ids supported by your codec, and check the difference, if good enough go, if not, try updating kexts with the latest, AppleALC and Lilu, i already posted them updated few posts a go. Then if not try patching DSDT or put External HDEF _DSM-SSDT with different layout until you find the matched one.

The patch that i use, and for what i give a like, came from @davidm71. One of the favorite thing, you know, is sharing, for me here is one of the good sharing, i always use that patch, so here's:

Hide contents

196235352_ScreenShot2018-07-12at5_13_18PM.thumb.png.b9361bde01447683e684254466a72de4.png

Hhhh, :hysterical: I forgot to say why this patch. For some reason, in some cases and for some codecs, it's better to write the name of the codec id in that patch, why i don't know, but sure in some cases it work for better.

Thank you for your answer.

I tried all layout-id in alc298 found in applealc.kext. But all numbers except 29 and 30 do not work. Even so, internal speakers do not work.

here is my ioreg information and generated info.plist by Codec-info.command. (clover config > layout-id > Blank)

720s.zip

41 minutes ago, guliano2 said:

Thank you for your answer.

I tried all layout-id in alc298 found in applealc.kext. But all numbers except 29 and 30 do not work. Even so, internal speakers do not work.

here is my ioreg information and generated info.plist by Codec-info.command. (clover config > layout-id > Blank)

720s.zip

Your HDEF device here doesn't get loaded at all, because and why posting ioreg with null layout id, it doesn't make sense!

Try this SSDT with the latest AppleALC and Lilu and CodecCommander, and see if it makes differences, if not, then in the SSDT change 1D with 1E (29 to 30) in both layout id and alc layout id. If it doesn't work, you may have to make same thing here like the case of @twsps

I used only MaciASL 1.4 from source forge, the original one, since your laptop support only ACPI 5.0 i believe, if it's Skylake and up, you may have to use RehabMan version ACPI 6.0 or up according to what Manufacturer already used in your laptop!

HDEF-SSDT.aml

HDEF-SSDT.dsl

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Ok good, but don't quote me with that. I'm only simple user that love to help you and others, with a little knowledge that i have since years, compared to developers and coders and other advanced users, i don't want to start playing writing their names, it's nothing. But instead, write a gentle request for [mention=1069282]vandroiy2012[/mention], to add this codecs info into AppleALC, because he do too much work, by maintaining the database up to date. So hoping if he can do it, and if these infos will help you.

Is AppleHDA Patch(manual) the same as AppleHDA Patcher(the app)?
I need to get this fixed(this is the last problem for my Dell), so I'll try some methods on my own. @vandroiy2012, would you mind to investigate my issue?
Thank you

11 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Ok good, but don't quote me with that. I'm only simple user that love to help you and others, with a little knowledge that i have since years, compared to developers and coders and other advanced users, i don't want to start playing writing their names, it's nothing. But instead, write a gentle request for @vandroiy2012, to add this codecs info into AppleALC, because he do too much work, by maintaining the database up to date. So hoping if he can do it, and if these infos will help you.

It seems like I found some hint here.. So I tried with AppleHDA Patcher, and I found out it couldn't recognize my audio chipset (I mean ALC295/3254). So would it be that AppleALC couldn't recognize it's ALC295/3254, so it forced it to load by inject id and that causes high CPU usage from the system? 

These are all my guessing, but I hope to find out some hint here.

AppleHDA Patcher Jarvis.png

Edited by twsps

6 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Your HDEF device here doesn't get loaded at all, because and why posting ioreg with null layout id, it doesn't make sense!

Try this SSDT with the latest AppleALC and Lilu and CodecCommander, and see if it makes differences, if not, then in the SSDT change 1D with 1E (29 to 30) in both layout id and alc layout id. If it doesn't work, you may have to make same thing here like the case of @twsps

I used only MaciASL 1.4 from source forge, the original one, since your laptop support only ACPI 5.0 i believe, if it's Skylake and up, you may have to use RehabMan version ACPI 6.0 or up according to what Manufacturer already used in your laptop!

HDEF-SSDT.aml

HDEF-SSDT.dsl

sorry about that. i attached ioreg layout-id 30

720s_layout_30.ioreg.zip

After using AppleHDA Patcher, I chose to use AppleHDA with Inject id =3 and HDAS to HDEF in order to make it work. Besides there's no sound just like AppleALC with id=3, it also has the same issue as high CPU usage/temp. 

I wonder if manual patch AppleHDA is the same technique as AppleHDA Patcher App.

Hi 

i have asus gl553vd 

and i used yout kext and speaker working now but microphone doesn't work but when i used voodahda microphone work but i don't love that audio because it has so bad noise  

now how can i fix microphone ?

* when i using headphone , headphone microphone work good

Edited by darkbluecode

36 minutes ago, darkbluecode said:

Hi 

i have asus gl553vd 

and i used yout kext and speaker working now but microphone doesn't work but when i used voodahda microphone work but i don't love that audio because it has so bad noise  

now how can i fix microphone ?

* when i using headphone , headphone microphone work good

What's your codec? Have you tried different Layout IDs?

5 hours ago, darkbluecode said:

not worked 

So, just to be clear, you're trying to enable the microphone near the camera, right? Do you have it listed in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input (built-in)? Can you provide a screenshot of that?

Also, does the microphone work on its own or doesn't work in a specific app? What happens if you test it in System Preferences?