OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

Do you have an access to El Capitan from Yosemite or older ?

If so, you can try this (leave the quotation marks if the name of your OS X 10.11 partition contains spaces) :

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"

Should work from the terminal of an install disk (remove sudo before all commands) but I didn't tried.

Hope this help, it did the job for me :D.

PS : Credits goes to Hervé & FredWst - see the full topic here if you can read French.

+ new clover all works now ( audio and ethernet didn't work , fakesmc worked)

:thumbsup_anim:

+ new clover all works now ( audio and ethernet didn't work , fakesmc worked)

:thumbsup_anim:

from the man page:

-f      Don't report any failure to change file owner or group, nor mod-
             ify the exit status to reflect such failures.

why you use -f?...no sense and that's the reason your AppleHDA does not work, ie because fail.

i'm only tried to make it works (i'm not a terminal pro :(  :P )...but only the clover update made a change XD

the: 

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"

didn't change anything to me, but i reported it anyway because i ran it

• Like 1

to avoid any further confusion.. if anyone is using a new build clover with csr-config correctly working and set to disable SIP there should be no problems with loading kexts

-f doesn't work in 10.10 or greater, doesn't do anything

The discussion is on using chown -Rf and chmod -Rf because its believed it was needed to "force" the setting of the permissions being set*

• Like 1

i'm only tried to make it works (i'm not a terminal pro  :(   :P )...but only the clover update made a change XD

didn't change anything to me, but i reported it anyway because i ran it

Yep, like Pavo said, does not do anything, boot from another partition OS or boot with SIP disable, then use my command line

The decision is on using chown -Rf and chmod -Rf because its believed it was needed to "force" the setting of the permissions being set*

oops, -force :hysterical:

• Like 2

hi guys

i went from DP3 do DP4 with a lot of trouble.. i've to move the basic KEXT into S/L/E to make it bootable (Clover Inject doesn't work anymore). I've updated to Clover r3252 and added Csr Flags to disable SIP

Now updated to DP5 and after a while (already on desktop) my machine reboot automatically..

i'm using a GA-Z77-D3H with GeForce GT640 and Atheros\Realtek ethernet, also BTinjector doesn't work.. before the reboot there is some text but cannot see..

successfully updated to dp5. i guess my problem where the dummyusb.kexts, i removed them, chown+chmod everything and finally could log in. yay! :D (i upgradet from my old yosemite partition btw.)

the last issue i got: boot0af error when i try to boot without usb-installer from the systemhd

could this work for 10.11?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301255-how-to-fix-the-boot0af-error-using-clover/

• Like 1

polyzargone, on 30 Jul 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes. :D

See my post #369

Repairing permissions needs a little adjustment with DP5. You have to force it using chown -Rf 0:0 instead of just chown -R 0:0 so the kext are not omitted in the cache.

Also, you have to disable SIP. See here or the Clover General discussion topic (if you're using this bootloader) to do so. Or you can update Clover to 3251 and edit RtVariables in your config.plist. See here.

That also explains why the Toleda's script fails. Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

Success! full audio restored in DP5-all ports working.  Thanks polyzargone (and all other mentioned in the links above) for your post that soved my problem on my hack. Breifly this is what i did:

1. Download  Clover_v2.3k_r3252-thanks naiclub for the dropbox link

2. Mounted EFI parttion and edited clover config.plist by adding Rtvariables with 067 CsrActiveConfig value to disable SIP in S/L/E-thanks Blackosx for tip

3. Rebuilt kext caches with voodookext reinstalled

After reboot all back to normal

hello

this days with all beta and dev dp

what is important is to make work .. if it use -R or -Rf .. i use the command normal way .. and i have the things working .. and the f don't do anything .. if don't do anything .. is that why is working .. anyway is good to people go search and do the things alone ..

many ppl here are testing a beta or dp and don't have a stable os x working .. that is strange .. but .. is what is happening .. this days ..

good hack for all

• Like 3

Upgraded to the public beta 3 and Clover rev 3252.

Everything works fine except the following: 

In beta 2 i could use csrutil disable from within the OS terminal, now i get the following error on enabling it: 

Last login: Thu Jul 30 20:56:21 on console
Restored session: do 30 jul 2015 20:54:33 CEST
p70:~ Lex$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
p70:~ Lex$ csrutil disable
csrutil: failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS.
p70:~ Lex$ sudo csrutil enable
Password:
csrutil: failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS.
p70:~ Lex$

Any insight on this? 

Kexts are still in /L/E/

Nvram output: 

p70:~ Lex$ nvram -p
efi-boot-device	<array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>89405C34-F6F2-4528-B423-78AF12238763</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
fmm-computer-name	P70
bootercfg	(%00
security-mode	none
IOHibernateRTCVariables	AAPL%01%00%00%00cAQ%c9%03%fe%fdV%d9%fc%0c%c6v%156%91:w%0ee%98w%8c%a1>%eb%cbv%d3%dea%9axn%c1 
backlight-level	%d8%0a
SystemAudioVolume	J
efi-boot-device-data	%02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%04%00%00%00%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00p%f9o%11%00%00%00%004\@%89%f2%f6(E%b4#x%af%12#%87c%02%02%7f%ff%04%00
SystemAudioVolumeDB	%00
csr-active-config	g%00%00%00
boot-args

-v output

alot of "++++++++" and one " _ "      i installed clover v3252 on it also on the other usb stick i got but no success, i got one usbstick as 10.11 installer with clover v2348 which works. is there a way to clone the efi partition of this stick to my system hd('s efi partition) ? i got ccc + superduper

maybe i should mention, i probably did something wrong as i installed a legacy boot option on my systemhd once so probably mixed legacy+uefi... should i uninstall (how?) clover from the system hd + the efi partition? any cache to clean etc.?

Upgraded to the public beta 3 and Clover rev 3252.

Everything works fine except the following: 

In beta 2 i could use csrutil disable from within the OS terminal, now i get the following error on enabling it: 

Last login: Thu Jul 30 20:56:21 on console

Restored session: do 30 jul 2015 20:54:33 CEST

p70:~ Lex$ csrutil status

System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

p70:~ Lex$ csrutil disable

p70:~ Lex$ sudo csrutil enable

Password:

p70:~ Lex$

Any insight on this? 

Kexts are still in /L/E/

Nvram output: 

p70:~ Lex$ nvram -p
efi-boot-device	<array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>89405C34-F6F2-4528-B423-78AF12238763</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
fmm-computer-name	P70
bootercfg	(%00
security-mode	none
IOHibernateRTCVariables	AAPL%01%00%00%00cAQ%c9%03%fe%fdV%d9%fc%0c%c6v%156%91:w%0ee%98w%8c%a1>%eb%cbv%d3%dea%9axn%c1 
backlight-level	%d8%0a
SystemAudioVolume	J
efi-boot-device-data	%02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%04%00%00%00%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00p%f9o%11%00%00%00%004\@%89%f2%f6(E%b4#x%af%12#%87c%02%02%7f%ff%04%00
SystemAudioVolumeDB	%00
csr-active-config	g%00%00%00
boot-args

hello

use this in config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

to revert change 0x67 to 0x00

good hack

• Like 1

hello

use this in config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

to revert change 0x67 to 0x00

good hack

Allready set, it was for testing purposes i used csrutil. I could also boot from recovery to change the setting.

In PB2 and DP4 it was possible to change this setting from within OS X, so something has been changed in the PB3 and DP5 in this matter. 

Thank you. 

hello

that is true .. and should expect more changes in next dp .. until apple release the sources .. only guessing .. and many tricks to run El Capo

anyway .. if u have the caches good before update .. should't have any problems .. the system rebuild the caches .. including old cache..

good hack

• Like 2

Thank you, it works for me.

I have only the 3252 Clover linked here which is installed in this thread and got all the EFI folder (I use MBR disk) from my old Clover 2988 used.

So only the boot file of Clover 3252 and everything works fine. So I have not changed in the config.plist, with 4 lines and CsrActiveconfig BooterConfig, and yet it all goes.

Lan is kext loaded Applehda is loaded and the fakesmc Loading .. all the best.

Why then make the entries in the config.plist (CsrActiveConfig + BooterConfig) if it also goes without?

Anyone got Clover Audio Patching method working using Toleda's script? Does it work, even with the kexts (especially RealtekALC.kext) in L/E instead of Clover/kexts?

Any particular things I have to do to make it work?

Also, what do you guys use to repair permissions? Seems like the diskutil repairPermissions command doesn't work anymore in EC.

Also, should I delete the kexts from Clover/kexts after copying them? Do they do any harm if they are left there?

I ran Toleda’s audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0b.command script on 10.11 DP5, booted using csr 0x65. Works great.

For Disk Utility, you can select your volume and click the ‘First Aid’ button. I’m sure that will correct any incorrect permissions.

Leaving kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/ won’t cause any issues.

• Like 1

Both scripts updated to d version; SIP disabled verification added. 10.11/Clover patching working the same as 10.10.  Boot with csr 0x3 and run either script.  Reboot with csr 0x0 for SIP enabled and working audio.

• Like 4

I ran Toleda’s audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0b.command script on 10.11 DP5, booted using csr 0x65. Works great.

For Disk Utility, you can select your volume and click the ‘First Aid’ button. I’m sure that will correct any incorrect permissions.

Leaving kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/ won’t cause any issues.

As far as I knoww, toleda audio_realtekALC will modify /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, so 0x65 allows this?