OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

I've got rootless=0 In my config plist and still no boot I'm stuck ?????

Everyone has been commenting on this.  Rootless=0 isn't enough anymore.  FakeSMC and other custom kexts need to be in S/L/E or Library/Extensions.

Somethings went wrong... I used the package, should I have updated through the store? Now KP on boot even after moving kext to L/E.

Try installing again.  Open the log and look at all the messages.  I suspect that you need to let the installer do its thing with your custom kexts not present in S/L/E or L/E.  Then, before rebooting, move the custom kexts to one of those locations.  Also, when you try rebooting, are you sure you are still running DP3?  Sometimes, even with an error in the installation, the update will install.

mnfesq,  I can't boot into that OS atm (See attached photo). Is it a good idea to try and reinstall just the DP4 update from my Yosemite drive?

Update: I have recovered back to DP3 by rebooting via thumb drive installer. After which I checked software updates (app store) and re DP2 & DP3 w/o re-downloading.

post-238467-0-74932900-1437762321_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My custom kexts are in S\L\E mnfesq.

It won't boot gets stuck just after my Ethernet kext

My bad must have got corrupted somehow

Any way back up and running how are people upgrading to P\B 2 ? And why are my ssd drives detachable after enabling trim?

i tried to upgrade from yosemite to dp4 via the installer but got beach ball at 95% of the install process and had to restart (and ofc the partition was broken so i had to copy back a backup clone). i try to install beta1 now and boot in my 2nd partition to replace fakesmc, nw kext+hda if the installer went fine. then update to dp4. is it recommend to create a el capitan usb-stick?

thanks for the info. just upgraded from yosemite to 10.11 dp1 via usb installer, everything works straight out of the box. i try to update now to dp2 and dp3 and install the last clover for el capistan (i got an error + installer quit with el capistan  post installer).

For those of us that use Clover's kext injection and found that DP4 did not allow it, there is a very interesting discussion going on in the Clover general discussion thread about this issue.  While I have nothing to contribute, being far less experienced than those participating in it, it is very cool to read and see the work being done to address the changes in the kernel in DP4 and try to figure out a solution to allow kext injection (particularly FakeSMC) to work again without installing it in S/L/E or L/E.

Ok, now after update to dp2 i get kernel panic (i use the usb installer 10.11 to boot with clover): " IOUSB.. .kext +  IOPCIFamily .. .kext " and "Boot Args ; Kexts genericusb ; osx86.kexts " seems to be the problem. i move them out of the folders now and try to boot without them. is there a way to install clover (or post install clover) from this yosemite partition to the 10.11 dp2 partition? i have to get around the kernel panic

Ok, now after update to dp2 i get kernel panic (i use the usb installer 10.11 to boot with clover): " IOUSB.. .kext +  IOPCIFamily .. .kext " and "Boot Args ; Kexts generic ; osx86.kexts " seems to be the problem. i move them out of the folders now and try to boot without them. is there a way to install clover (or post install clover) from this yosemite partition to the 10.11 dp2 partition? i have to get around the kernel panic

Hi,

The only way i can think of is booting in to the recovery partition, open up terminal, and copying the kexts to the /L/E directory.  Clover injection does not work like stated by mnfesq, not even when disabling SIP.

Since you can boot Yosemite, copy the kexts you need to the El Capitan HDD/Library/Extensions, then boot El Capitan without caches, repair permissions using Kext Utility, and reboot again.