OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

when i try to mount any efi partition in 10.11 via terminal i get "unknown special file or file system" error. how to mount hidden partitions in el capitan? i would also be happy if i could boot without stick but somehow i doesnt work

Use this to know where the EFI is :

diskutil list

Then try this :

diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY

Where X is the number of the disk containing the EFI partition and Y is the number of the EFI partition itself (most likely, it will be 1).

sudo diskutil mount EFI   :This will mount the ESP of the drive you're booted from.

if more than one drive use: diskutil list , find the esp of the drive you need

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

mount_msdos /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

After: umount -f /Volumes/EFI

:) polyzargone instructions will work the same..

Here are my experiences with DP5

After the update and reboot all was good, but after rebuilding the kernel cache i've run into the known issue with not loaded fakesmc.

Then i've booted Yosemite repaired permissions and replaced the fakesmc and do a restart , and i think Yosemite has rebuild the EC kernel cache and was able to boot EC again.

It seems that as long as you don't rebuild the cache with an utility all was good, because EC rebuild the cache before the restart. Just copy some kexts to /S/L/E, repair permissions and restart .

I think we need a kext utility update.

All lost audio (as usual with all of my ElCap Beta installs) with upgrade to PB #3.  Toleda's Clover ALC script (version 10_v1.0c) appears to be limited in functionality (has worked flawlessly in the past to restore audio), see terminal dump below.  Seems to be some incompatibility with the script to modify existing kexts in /S/L/E/ even as sudo.  Perhaps I just need to wait for an update to the script, but wanted to ping folks and see if there was something that I was doing wrong.  Suggestions?

Command Terminal Dump from script run follows:

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0c

EFI partition is mounted

Boot/Arguments/rootless=0 found

Confirm Realtek ALC1150 (y/n): y

Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): n

Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y

Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): n

Audio IDs:

1 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALCxxx audio

2 - 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885)

3 - HD3000/HD4000 HDMI and Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885/1150 & 887/888 Legacy)

Select Audio ID: 1

Download ALC1150 files ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 21366  100 21366    0     0  64866      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 64942

Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1

Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES

Edit config.plist/Boot/Arguments/rootless=0

Download kext patches

100  1404  100  1404    0     0   5988      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  5974

Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER///kexts/10.11/realtekALC.kext

Download config kext and install ...

100  3585  100  3585    0     0  16021      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16076

Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC1150 zml files

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout2.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

Error: Installation failure

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*zml.zlib: No such file or directory

Original S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext restored

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

After updating to third public beta unsigned kexts are not loading except FakeSMC:

Untrusted kexts are not allowed
VoodooTSCSync.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
FakeSMCKeyStore.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
CodecCommander.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleIntelE1000e.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleHDA.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

Anyone know how to fix this?

After updating to third public beta unsigned kexts are not loading except FakeSMC:

VoodooTSCSync.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
FakeSMCKeyStore.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
CodecCommander.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleIntelE1000e.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleHDA.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Yes. :D

See my post #369

Repairing permissions needs a little adjustment with DP5. You have to force it using chown -Rf 0:0 instead of just chown -R 0:0 so the kext are not omitted in the cache.

Also, you have to disable SIP. See here or the Clover General discussion topic (if you're using this bootloader) to do so. Or you can update Clover to 3251 and edit RtVariables in your config.plist. See here.

That also explains why the Toleda's script fails. Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

All lost audio (as usual with all of my ElCap Beta installs) with upgrade to PB #3.  Toleda's Clover ALC script (version 10_v1.0c) appears to be limited in functionality (has worked flawlessly in the past to restore audio), see terminal dump below.  Seems to be some incompatibility with the script to modify existing kexts in /S/L/E/ even as sudo.  Perhaps I just need to wait for an update to the script, but wanted to ping folks and see if there was something that I was doing wrong.  Suggestions?

Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC1150 zml files

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

install: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout2.zml.zlib: Operation not permitted

Error: Installation failure

• Like 2

See my post #369

Repairing permissions needs a little adjustment with DP5. You have to force it using chown -Rf 0:0 instead of just chown -R 0:0 so the kext are not omitted in the cache.

Also, you have to disable SIP. See here or the Clover General discussion topic (if you're using this bootloader) to do so. Or you can update Clover to 3251 and edit RtVariables in your config.plist. See here.

That also explain why the Toleda's script fails. Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

I work well with the script, you first have to toleda.
Edit <key> RtVariables </ key>.
<dict>
<key> CsrActiveConfig </ key>.
<string> 0x67 </ string>.
<key> BooterConfig </ key>.
<string> 0x28 </ string>.
</ Dict>
And to remove this rootless = 0 to later install kext needed. You to the L / E.
Create a cache file, reboot.

Polyzargone beauty links!!!

Got up and running without issue with the helpful advice.  Thanks for passing it along.  Quick summary on my end for getting back up and into shape.

1.  Downloaded and updated to clover r3251.

2.  Ran csrutil report and disabled SIP via the command line.

3.  Used the chmod/chown commands to repair permissions in the /S/L/E and /L/E directories.

4. Rebuilt kextcache.  Noted that FakeSMC was now recognized as a non-valid hash kext, but loaded anyway.

5.  Rebooted without issue.  Rechecked SIP and was still disabled following reboot.

6.  Used Toleda's script to patch audio.  Rebooted and all audio was back on board.  Yea!!!   :drool:

A few clarifying questions:

1.  Regarding SIP.  Is this a new El Cap security feature?  Pardon the naive question.  I think that the answer is yes and part of the rootless features built into El Cap.  JEC Edit - Yep, Wiki is my friend  :blush:

2.  Regarding SIP disabling.  The csrutil method seems to work and be persistent following reboots.  Is there any advantage to use the RTvariables methods in clover. I assume that the key/strings that were mentioned do similar functions or do I need to do both?

3.  Regarding SIP disabling (part 2).  Do I need to renable afterwards or is it ok to leave disabled?  Again perhaps a naive question.

Many thanks again for getting me up and running.  

@Joe75

Well actually, I don't think it's required when SIP is already disabled but seems to be necessary when it's not. I'm really not sure about all of this since I did all of this from Yosemite and not with a running OS X 10.11. And since I was not able to boot by any means, repairing permissions that way made me finally able to reach El Capitan's desktop flawlessly. Furthermore, I installed Clover r3251 with RtVariables edits at the same time, therefore SIP was disabled when I finally succeed to boot EC.

I mixed so much ways to fix the whole thing that I'm a bit lost :D. Among all of this, there's certainly something that did the trick…

That said, this is working pretty good and if it can help, well that's the most important :D !

• Like 1

See my post #369

That also explains why the Toleda's script fails. Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

Thanks, updated clover to 3251 and edited rtvariables. Everything is back to normal)

• Like 1

That said, this is working pretty good and if it can help, well that's the most important :D !

I asked someone to test it right after I posted that and it did indeed work for him :P

I didn't have an issue with untrusted warning so maybe thats why I didn't need anything extra.

• Like 2

• So update clover to newest from a working partition go to 10.11 system/library and delete everything in the cache folder then go to system/library/prelinkedkernel/ and delete whats inside next boot into single user mode do whats below 

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd System/Library/Extensions

chmod -Rf 755 fakesmc.kext

chmod -Rf 644 fakesmc.kext

Chown -Rf Root:wheel Smc.kext 

And hit exit the cache will rebuild and boot

•  
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oru6n1wf08hxgty/Clover_v2.3k_r3252.pkg?dl=0  so this worked for me i hope it helps thanks guys
  • Like 3

@naiclub

Is this a new version of Kext Utility that supports OS X 10.11 DP5 ?

Thanks for sharing it & Clover r3252 anyway :D !

yes ti Utility that supports OS X 10.11 DP5 +beta3 for me,

• Like 1

joe75

thanks, your command worked..efi partition is mounted now. the other/standard sudo mount command got me the error (i wrote already about it in my last post) i see on this partition only fakesmc in the kext folder, should i add my dummyusb kexts+io usb kexts to get usb working?

finally i get dp4 (and probably dp5 after) offered as download @apple software update..so this should be working.

A few clarifying questions:

1.  Regarding SIP.  Is this a new El Cap security feature?  Pardon the naive question.  I think that the answer is yes and part of the rootless features built into El Cap.  JEC Edit - Yep, Wiki is my friend  :blush:

2.  Regarding SIP disabling.  The csrutil method seems to work and be persistent following reboots.  Is there any advantage to use the RTvariables methods in clover. I assume that the key/strings that were mentioned do similar functions or do I need to do both?

3.  Regarding SIP disabling (part 2).  Do I need to renable afterwards or is it ok to leave disabled?  Again perhaps a naive question.

Many thanks again for getting me up and running.  

1/ Done :hysterical:

2/ I didn't test it but I would say that you only have to use one, both should not be necessary as they do the same thing. But Clover's method may have the drawback that it's right in the config.plist where csrutil method seems to rely on nvram (please correct me if I'm totally wrong) and can be quickly enabled/disabled with just a reboot. And this partially answers your next question.

3/ IMHO, disabling permanently SIP is not a good idea. If this level of security has been added by Apple, there's a good reason and it should protect you from crappy stuff that may eventually comes to OS X. Disabling SIP should therefore only be used when needed and occasionally, i.e installing new kexts or modifying parts of the System folder.

• Like 1

• So update clover to newest from a working partition go to 10.11 system/library and delete everything in the cache folder then go to system/library/prelinkedkernel/ and delete whats inside next boot into single user mode do whats below 

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd System/Library/Extensions

chmod -Rf 755 fakesmc.kext

chmod -Rf 644 fakesmc.kext

Chown -Rf Root:wheel Smc.kext 

And hit exit the cache will rebuild and boot

•  
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oru6n1wf08hxgty/Clover_v2.3k_r3252.pkg?dl=0  so this worked for me i hope it helps thanks guys

Using chmod -R do things recursively and basically you are setting only 644, is wrong.

Try this:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/432-insanelyrepairpermission/. Conform to the POSIX permission (ie follow his standards, no certificate of course)

you can also install it in /usr/local/ , and call it when you are in single user mode or in a normal situation....

• Like 1