OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

No issues here. Interesting how for some it shows up as OS X El Capitan, and others just OS X (same with me).

csJ1yJ6.png

if i close and open for the second time, el capitan shows up normally. i got that glitch in dp5 and 6.

• Like 1

The installation procedure was different for me this time.  The system rebooted and then when it looked like it was booting up, it appeared to be hanging but there was lots of hard drive activity so I just let it run.  Then it rebooted again on its own and when it restarted, it went into the typical second-stage installation process.  At first, I thought it wasn't installing but it installed just fine.

All good with DB6 on my system :).

Can confirm that just CsrActiveConfig=0x1 in RTVariables/config.plist (allow unsigned kexts) is sufficient for a successful upgrade instead of Clover's default 0x67....

post-846696-0-75894500-1438683588_thumb.png

Using Clover r3253, everything else the same as in DB4 & DB5: FakeSMC and third party kexts in /L/E, boot in verbose mode.

• Like 3

Can confirm that just CsrActiveConfig=0x1 in RTVariables/config.plist (allow unsigned kexts) is sufficient for a successful upgrade instead of Clover's default 0x67....

attachicon.gifEl Capitan DB6.png

Using Clover r3253, everything else the same as in DB4 & DB5: FakeSMC and third party kexts in /L/E, boot in verbose mode.

Thanks for the info!

I have tried with 0x00 and it does not seem to work with this release. I used it with the previous release and it worked just fine. 

attachicon.gifEl Capitan DB6.png

same here

hello

anyone have problems with auto start app in menu ? like hwmonitor ? dropbox ?

every time i boot i have the msg .. this app is running first time ..

good hack

i had it in the first reboot only.

hello

good hack

Yep same here

• Like 1

hello

good hack

same here... and quictime screen recording crash continuously

All fine on the Public Beta 4 here except for 1 thing using Clover.

I had to replace OsxLowMemoryFixDrv with OsxAptioFix2Drv, otherwise the system will just hang post boot. 

Recovery did not boot, but this might be was because of the above.

Recovery boot error: 

post-1090626-0-75909900-1438714870_thumb.jpg

The error still is present, but recovery boots now. 

Updated to PB4 ok here with csr set to 0x1 in Clover. Slice's HWMonitor and Quicktime Screen Recording both worked fine after booting into the new system.

When I run "csrutil status" it tells me that SIP is disabled (although I've only enabled unsigned kexts). During verbose boot launchd says that SIP is enabled. 

• Like 1