OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

kextload them from rc.server

You mean via ssh ?

If so, the problem is that even my Ethernet kext doesn't load anymore (same for DummyUSBxxx.kext so no mouse/keyboard either) :(. I'm really stuck right now and even rebuilding the cache from a Yosemite system does not work :angry:.

it is  useless as you cant even kextload without rootless=0

Correct. Adding kextload /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext in rc.server in /etc/ doesn't work :(.

I don't understand. Does that means that even rootless=0 isn't accepted anymore so we can't bypass System folder protection ? That's non sense for a developer preview ?!? :wacko:

• Like 1

You mean via ssh ?

If so, the problem is that even my Ethernet kext doesn't load anymore (same for DummyUSBxxx.kext so no mouse/keyboard either) :(. I'm really stuck right now and even rebuilding the cache from a Yosemite system does not work :angry:.

No connection with ssh, it's a command script.

No connection with ssh, it's a command script.

Hum, did you read my previ… OK forget it, nevermind.

So I finally managed to boot in DP5 by using my Public Beta 1 :blink: install disk and uncheck Enforce System Integrity Protection. On next reboot, the system shows this in verbose mode and "untrusted" kexts are loaded :

Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-flags /private/var/run/diagnosticd/dyld_shared_cache_i386
Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-flags /private/var/run/diagnosticd/dyld_shared_cache_i386.map
Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-flags /private/var/run/diagnosticd/dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h
Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-flags /private/var/run/diagnosticd/dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h.map

I'm not sure this is related but it boots and that's all I need for now :D.

It gave me an error when I tried to disable it from PB1 installer (Mach error -536870212 - (iokit/common) general error). What I've found online about that error is that this is essentially "rootless=0", yet I have that in my Clover boot arguments.

I'm just going to wait on a new Clover release. Don't think there's much else I can do until then.

It gave me an error when I tried to disable it from PB1 installer (Mach error -536870212 - (iokit/common) general error). What I've found online about that error is that this is essentially "rootless=0", yet I have that in my Clover boot arguments.

I'm just going to wait on a new Clover release. Don't think there's much else I can do until then.

rootless=0 won't allow you to write certain properties to NVRAM. Apple basically excluded it in the capabilities.

uncheck Enforce System Integrity Protection didnt give you an error message?

That's what I expected when I tried but it worked. I'm pretty sure that it fails on my first attempt (with DP1 actually) so I'm surprised too and can't explain why it succeed now…

That would explain why the nvidia driver can't enable itself (I could do it via Clover boot-args but nvram is what it expects).

Webdrivers loads fine too without NVIDIA related boot-flag and the nvda_drv=1 is in my nvram.plist as you can see :

</data>
        <key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
        <data>
        QA==
        </data>
        <key>SystemAudioVolumeDB</key>
        <data>
        AA==
        </data>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>nvda_drv=1</string>
        <key>fmm-computer-name</key>
        <data>
        </data>
        <key>fmm-mobileme-token-FMM</key>
        <data>
        </data>
        <key>security-mode</key>
        <string>none</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Sorry, I'm not very helpful on that matters :(.

Well call me stupid but I wanted to give another try and I rebuild the cache once again. Now, nothing works even by unchecking Enforce SIP with the install disk.

And just like xmen107, when it would eventually boots, there's just FakeSMC that loads, so no Ethernet, no sound no nothing… :angry:

I really don't understand how new things works now…

• Like 1

I was thinking of trying out the betas of El Capitan but the more I read this forum and the more developer previews Apple releases for El Capitan, it's becoming a nightmare for a lot of people. I guess Apple is really serious about securing their OS. I don't think I will try the betas anytime soon.

Someone send Apple some feedback telling them to show some love to the hackintosh community lol.

• Like 3