OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

Well call me stupid but I wanted to give anotiher try and I rebuild the cache once again. Now, nothing works even by unckecking Enforce SIP with the install disk.

And just like xmen107, when it would eventually boots, there's just FakeSMC that loads, so no Ethernet, no sound no nothing… :angry:

I really don't understand how new things works now…

Yeah....

Well call me stupid but I wanted to give anotiher try and I rebuild the cache once again. Now, nothing works even by unckecking Enforce SIP with the install disk.

And just like xmen107, when it would eventually boots, there's just FakeSMC that loads, so no Ethernet, no sound no nothing… :angry:

I really don't understand how new things works now…

com_apple-sucks.jpg

• Like 2

Someone send Apple some feedback telling them to show some love to the hackintosh community lol.

It's not just the hackintosh community that's going to hurt when El Cap drops. There's plenty of Mac users running hardware upgrades that use third-party drivers, some of which may not be signed. Mac Pro users in particular.

On the bright side, Windows 10 is rolling out now and will install tomorrow.

• Like 4

It's not just the hackintosh community that's going to hurt when El Cap drops. There's plenty of Mac users running hardware upgrades that use third-party drivers, some of which may not be signed. Mac Pro users in particular.

On the bright side, Windows 10 is rolling out now and will install tomorrow.

Windows 10 Rocks. :thumbsup_anim:

Developer Beta 5 installed perfectly.  No glitches whatsoever.  Didn't even have to re-enable Trim Support.  When I encountered problems with DP4, I put my custom kexts in L/E and dropped that folder into Kext Utility.  I deleted the mkext file that was created by that app.  Maybe that had something to do with the fact that DP5 installed so easily.

1) Installed DP1 from USB Installer.

2) Updated to DP5 with OSXUpd10.11.pkg.

3) Installed Clover in EFI partition and FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E.

The first reboot after updating to DP5 works perfect. But after rebooting again El Cap doesn't boot anymore. Verbose mode says something like "FakeSMC failed to load" and "Waiting for DSMOS...".

What can I do to fix this? I wasn't hackintoshing for a while...

• Like 1

Do you have an access to El Capitan from Yosemite or older ?

If so, you can try this (leave the quotation marks if the name of your OS X 10.11 partition contains spaces) :

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"

Should work from the terminal of an install disk (remove sudo before all commands) but I didn't tried.

Hope this help, it did the job for me :D.

PS : Credits goes to Hervé & FredWst - see the full topic here if you can read French.

• Like 2

Do you have an access to El Capitan from Yosemite or older ?

If so, you can try this (leave the quotation marks if the name of your OS X 10.11 partition contains spaces) :

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"

Should work from the terminal of an install disk (remove sudo before all commands) but I didn't tried.

Hope this help, it did the job for me :D.

PS : Credits goes to Hervé & FredWst - see the full topic here if you can read French.

Credits does not goes to me, but to all people here who shared informations.

Fred

• Like 2

Credits does not goes to me, but to all people here who shared informations.

Fred

Sure. Apologies to all of them for this oversight :D !

But you also did a lot by helping me in french, which is always more comfortable for me ;).

Smooth upgrade to DB5 here.  Same procedure as I did in post#293.

• Updated Clover to r3251 which has added support for "Csr active config" in El Capitan
  • FakeSMC + third party kexts in /L/E
  • Used kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0 bootflags for initial boot into system after update  <---Not necessary with CsrActiveConfig=0x67 or 0x65 in RtVariables of Clover's config.plist

post-846696-0-40698700-1438121489_thumb.png

Also interesting read from PikeRAlpha's blog about fixing kext injection for unsigned kexts in El Capitan.  Hopefully will be implemented soon in Clover and Chameleon :).

• Like 6

Smooth upgrade to DB5 here.  Same procedure as I did in post#293.

• Updated Clover to r3251 which has added support for "Csr active config" in El Capitan
  • FakeSMC + third party kexts in /L/E
  • Used kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0 bootflags for initial boot into system after update.

attachicon.gifEl Capitan DB5.png

Also interesting read from PikeRAlpha''s blog about fixing kext injection for unsigned kexts in El Capitan.  Hopefully will be implemented soon in Clover and Chameleon :).

Thanks for sharing.

ok, I will not use again. It, too?

thank p.H

Bro, you misunderstood me. I am asking what software you're using for taking this screenshot. Because I think it's great and I want to have one too.

Bro คุณเข้าใจผมผิด ผมขอให้สิ่งที่ซอฟต์แวร์ที่คุณใช้สำหรับการถ่ายภาพหน้าจอนี้ เพราะผมคิดว่ามันเป็นที่ดีและฉันต้องการที่จะมีหนึ่งมากเกินไป

[attachment = 167177: ภาพหน้าจอ 2015/07/29 14.46.15.png]

Oh, sorry, I understand I used simple method I now have a display screen like Dell23 aoc 22 inches and inches.

How to press Windows + Shift + 4, then drag the screen1 to the second one there.

British Sorry is not clear   :D  :D

post-1116670-0-39945400-1438156795_thumb.png

post-1116670-0-23166300-1438156914_thumb.png

i dont get it.. when i install dp3 update direct via appstore/apple software update it works. but if i run the dp5 pkg it shows me at the end of the installation "Installation Failed". dp4+dp5 isnt offered in apple software update for me so i had to download the pkg.

Seems like my system only accepts updates via appstore..maybe its a permission issue. after the "failed installation" it seems to boot to dp4/5 but i got no working usb to login/use keyboard+mouse..even after reconnect them. i move the usb dummy kexts now to L/E + in the kexts folder of bootstick (somehow i cant boot without usb stick.. i would like to use the clover version 2351 on the system/Efi partition but when i restart computer without the boot stick i get "Reboot and select proper Boot Device" Error). Same, when i select one of my system partitions..i got like 29 boot options/partitions in bios which is really weird. I tried to disable all but theyre back in after restart.

strange-when i updated from apps store from DP4 to DP5 everything went smooth and managed to boot DP5 successfully with full usb and sound. But after reboot no sound or usb 2 support. So booted into a seperate DP4 backup and tried to rebuild kexts from there but didnt work-got some unsigned kext error message in verbose script. Finally after a lot or struggle managed to boot back int DP5 and got back usb2 support (had to reinstall my patched IOUSBHostFamily kext from DP4 backup) but no sound no matter what i do-was using modified voodoo 2.8.7 kext. Have tried upgrading from clover version 3248 to clover version 2351 which works ok but does not solve my problem.  Netkas has commented on the issue: see http://netkas.org/?m=201507

Any suggestions? My board specs are below and would really appreciate if someone has got sound working in DP5 on this board or similar.

GA-Z77-D3H, 8GB KINGSTON DDR3, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, NVidia GeForce GT 610 2048 MB

when i try to mount any efi partition in 10.11 via terminal i get "unknown special file or file system" error. how to mount hidden partitions in el capitan? i would also be happy if i could boot without stick but somehow i doesnt work

when i try to mount any efi partition in 10.11 via terminal i get "unknown special file or file system" error. how to mount hidden partitions in el capitan? i would also be happy if i could boot without stick but somehow i doesnt work

i does work, you are doing something wrong.

finally all set in dp5>

post-564601-0-28293500-1438184650_thumb.png