OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

For me after the update i needed to move the fakesmc to S/L/E otherwise it not boot... my usb2 ports still not work on wake up from sleep.

I had to put all of my Clover kexts in S/L/E in order to boot and get audio, ps2 keyboard/trackpad and all other features supported by the Clover kexts.  Is it that 10.11 beta 4 requires the kexts to be in S/L/E or is this something that can be fixed in a Clover update?

EDIT:  Well, I started to answer my own question.  I removed all of the Clover kexts I installed to El-Cap's S/L/E and it would not boot once again.  Therefore, it wasn't just a case of needing those kexts to be added to the kernel cache.  However, I was able to boot and have full function when I added my Clover kexts to Library/Extensions.

• Like 1

I had to put all of my Clover kexts in S/L/E in order to boot and get audio, ps2 keyboard/trackpad and all other features supported by the Clover kexts.  Is it that 10.11 beta 4 requires the kexts to be in S/L/E or is this something that can be fixed in a Clover update?

EDIT:  Well, I started to answer my own question.  I removed all of the Clover kexts I installed to El-Cap's S/L/E and it would not boot once again.  Therefore, it wasn't just a case of needing those kexts to be added to the kernel cache.  However, I was able to boot and have full function when I added my Clover kexts to Library/Extensions.

same here. for now all kexts inside S\L\E.

perhaps now we need to disable the security feature in the recovery...

post-564601-0-66113400-1437520734_thumb.png

I always put my kexts on S /L /E   :yes:

I used FakeSMC on Clover for Booting USB Installer 

FakeSMC / IntelMausiEthernet / AppleHDA / HDAEnabler / Thats it B)

• Like 3

After copying kexts from Clover EFI to /S/L/E I was able to boot. Couldn't get anywhere with no FakeSMC.

Pike's AppleHDA loader doesn't seem to work anymore so I zipped up the copy of AppleHDA in /S/L/E in preparation for manual patching.

When I realised I was using an older layout ID and couldn't be bothered dealing with this, I tried to unzip the AppleHDA kext on my desktop to put it back into /S/L/E and got permission errors trying to extract. So either rootless=0 isn't working anymore or there's another layer of protection to disable. This might be the cause of kexts failing to inject from EFI.

And with all that they didn't fix the broken sidebar width from the previous beta...

• Like 2

I do in a different machine

I mounted the drive on the other machine and copied all of the kexts from EFI to /S/L/E, but I still can't boot. hmm

Do you flag rootless=0

After copying kexts from Clover EFI to /S/L/E I was able to boot. Couldn't get anywhere with no FakeSMC.

Pike's AppleHDA loader doesn't seem to work anymore so I zipped up the copy of AppleHDA in /S/L/E in preparation for manual patching.

No problems here with /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA892.kext

No problems here with /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA892.kext

I'll have a closer look at things later. It was late last night when I got things going after running into the problem with FakeSMC not loading from EFI.

After my existing AppleHDA892 didn't load, I built a new one with AppleHDA8Series.sh just in case but that too didn't load. If it works for you that's a good sign though.

Ok, tried again. Still won't load. So I patched AppleHDA directly and that won't load either. Maybe it's an issue with Clover but something is horribly broken with this new build. Trying to unpack the copy of AppleHDA I zipped from /S/L/E gets this:

JncdBV6.png

• Like 1

I'll have a closer look at things later. It was late last night when I got things going after running into the problem with FakeSMC not loading from EFI.

After my existing AppleHDA892 didn't load, I built a new one with AppleHDA8Series.sh just in case but that too didn't load. If it works for you that's a good sign though.

Ok, tried again. Still won't load. So I patched AppleHDA directly and that won't load either. Maybe it's an issue with Clover but something is horribly broken with this new build. Trying to unpack the copy of AppleHDA I zipped from /S/L/E gets this:

JncdBV6.png

Try to copy the file to your user directory with
cp -X
so that it skips the EAs (Extended Attributes) and then try to extract it.

Try to copy the file to your user directory with

cp -X
so that it skips the EAs (Extended Attributes) and then try to extract it.

My old AppleHDA patch script copies the original AppleHDA.kext to the desktop before working on the copy in /S/L/E. When I ran it on this build it did mention something about extended attributes. So thanks for this info.

However in the case of this zip there was no copying. I simply right-clicked the kext in /S/L/E and chose the compress option, which saved the zip file to the desktop. So there's no opportunity there to deal with EAs.

just downloaded the 10.11 beta v4. i got a (guess) very noobie question: can i install el capitan on top of yosemite /upgrade from yosemite to el capitan? is there a way that i dont have to re-install all my programs+their plist-whatever files..maybe migration assistant or timemachine? does it work well, did anyone try?

just downloaded the 10.11 beta v4. i got a (guess) very noobie question: can i install el capitan on top of yosemite /upgrade from yosemite to el capitan? is there a way that i dont have to re-install all my programs+their plist-whatever files..maybe migration assistant or timemachine? does it work well, did anyone try?

you can simply upgrade.