OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

Yes. Really. At first I thought it was just me. But apparently not. You can't set permissions to kexts using root:wheel anymore. Works with 0:0 though. I don't remember getting an error.... At least not in DP4. But I might be wrong. Anyway, it wouldn't do what it's supposed to do. And that even in DP4.

Maybe it's just a bug... and not necessarily something they meant to do?

Can you provide the output from the cat command if on PB4?

I'm currently underway.

Can you provide the output from the cat command if on PB4?

I'm currently underway.

I can't right now. But I will do it later. But I was talking about the developer beta/preview. Not the Public Beta. Results might differ. And I'm not on the preview build anymore. But I'll provide the output of the command when I get home.

You can't set permissions to kexts using root:wheel anymore. Works with 0:0 though.

I think we started mixing things up here   ^_^

set file permissions and change file owner is not a same thing

to set permissions, you have to use chmod command
  • ex: sudo chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext

to change file owner, you have to use chown command
  • ex: sudo chown -R root:wheel (or 0:0) FakeSMC.kext

yes, 0:0 is root:wheel    ;)
  • Like 3

I think we started mixing things up here   ^_^

set file permissions and change file owner is not a same thing

to set permissions, you have to use chmod command
  • ex: sudo chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext

to change file owner, you have to use chown command
  • ex: sudo chown -R root:wheel (or 0:0) FakeSMC.kext

yes, 0:0 is root:wheel    ;)

Got it.

Well, I tried using

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/ElCapitan/Library/Extensions/kext.kext

and

chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/ElCapitan/Library/Extensions/kext.kext

If these are the same, for some reason the first one didn't do anything for me. Or maybe I made another mistake on the way... I don't know.

Anyway, thank you for the info. :D Now it makes more sense why it's chmod (to modify permissions) and chown (to change ownership).

So, I guess I used the wrong command and still...it worked? Well that's something you don't see everyday.

• Like 1

Got it.

Well, I tried using

and
If these are the same, for some reason the first one didn't do anything for me. Or maybe I made another mistake on the way... I don't know.

Anyway, thank you for the info. :D Now it makes more sense why it's chmod (to modify permissions) and chown (to change ownership).

So, I guess I used the wrong command and still...it worked?

Forgot sudo?
  • Like 1

i have AddClockIDFixOwnershipInject

i got 3 kexts here which makes me wonder if i need them:   

-IOAHCIBlockSotrageInjector.kext ,  AHCIPortinjector.kext & ATAPortinjector.kext.

"loededkextmt.plist" in S/L/Caches/Startup in 10.11 DP6 shows entries which points to other partitions (why?), for example: 

/Volumes/mainsys/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext (thats the 10.10/old yosemite)

Part of a Log from the last Kernel-Panic:

(...)

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily(4.5.8)[383CFA9F-31A4-37BD-B384-A3BCB14C1308]@0xffffff7f80cf9000->0xffffff7f80d7cfff

com.RME.driver.FirefaceAudioDriver(3.25)[9B29A37D-6EAA-389A-B82D-29120FEA7D4A]@0xffffff7f80d7d000->0xffffff7f80d88fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(203.7)[1AE06BD8-43D0-3780-9BFB-9E3434E4140D]@0xffffff7f80cc0000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily(4.5.8)[383CFA9F-31A4-37BD-B384-A3BCB14C1308]@0xffffff7f80cf9000

The Log from Kernel-Panics when i change/plugin or remove USB-Devices:

*** Panic Report ***

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f80fce6aa): "IOUSBHostIOSource::_RESERVEDIOUSBHostIOSource10 called."@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.78/libkern/c++/OSMetaClass.cpp:1072

Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address

0xffffff91f5d53990 : 0xffffff80002e7307

0xffffff91f5d53a10 : 0xffffff7f80fce6aa

0xffffff91f5d53a30 : 0xffffff7f80fe51c2

0xffffff91f5d53a60 : 0xffffff7f80fe6237

0xffffff91f5d53ad0 : 0xffffff80008b9358

0xffffff91f5d53b40 : 0xffffff7f80fe60c4

0xffffff91f5d53bb0 : 0xffffff7f80fca3ed

0xffffff91f5d53c10 : 0xffffff7f80fc0849

0xffffff91f5d53c70 : 0xffffff80008b9358

0xffffff91f5d53ce0 : 0xffffff7f80fca297

0xffffff91f5d53d40 : 0xffffff7f80fca4eb

0xffffff91f5d53da0 : 0xffffff7f80fcaa4d

0xffffff91f5d53df0 : 0xffffff80008e1abf

0xffffff91f5d53e10 : 0xffffff800039d8e9

0xffffff91f5d53e30 : 0xffffff80002eb903

0xffffff91f5d53e60 : 0xffffff80002cf448

0xffffff91f5d53ea0 : 0xffffff80002def75

0xffffff91f5d53f10 : 0xffffff80003c2c2a

0xffffff91f5d53fb0 : 0xffffff80003f6166

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(900.4.1)[F54FAFF7-BA04-3855-981A-70E9C4F34F73]@0xffffff7f80fb3000->0xffffff7f81035fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[C36E2FF8-615E-3090-9F76-49580C84B282]@0xffffff7f80b60000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily(1.0.1)[D2B617ED-47A1-30BA-BD25-F8F07AA98DA8]@0xffffff7f80f42000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: licenseDaemon

Boot args: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 slide=0

Mac OS version:

15A244d

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: Sun Jul 26 19:48:55 PDT 2015; root:xnu-3247.1.78~15/RELEASE_X86_64

__HIB  text base: 0xffffff8000100000

System model name: Macmini6,2 (Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED)

ATAPortinjector.kext : if not using ATA HDD not need

OAHCIBlockSotrageInjector.kext , AHCIPortinjector.kext see here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/436-ahciportinjectorkext/

Fabio

• Like 1

Got it.

Well, I tried using

and

So, I guess I used the wrong command and still...it worked? Well that's something you don't see everyday.

sorry... maybe I missed a thing... but what you're meaning by kext.kext?

It's just an example. I used the same command for other kexts too. So the name of the kext itself is not important here. Let's say it's FakeSMC.kext the one I was interested in.

Forgot sudo?

Lol. In this example yes. But when I ran it, I'm pretty sure I did it as sudo.

Really?

root:wheel is still used in DP6

EDIT: What does the following command print?

cat /etc/group | grep root

Here I get

$ cat /etc/group | grep root
wheel:*:0:root
daemon:*:1:root
kmem:*:2:root
sys:*:3:root
tty:*:4:root
operator:*:5:root
procview:*:8:root
procmod:*:9:root
staff:*:20:root
certusers:*:29:root,_jabber,_postfix,_cyrus,_calendar,_dovecot
admin:*:80:root

PB4: 

p70:~ Lex$ cat /etc/group | grep root

p70:~ Lex$

Did some testing on PB4: 

p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/BSDKernel: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/Libkern: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/MACFramework: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/Private: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/Unsupported: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext: Operation not permitted
p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/AppleNMI.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/ApplePlatformFamily.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/BSDKernel: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IONVRAMFamily.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeDirectory: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOSystemManagement.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/Libkern: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/MACFramework: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/Private: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/Info.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/Unsupported: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/version.plist: Operation not permitted

Same commands on FakeSMC:

p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

• Like 1

PB4: 

p70:~ Lex$ cat /etc/group | grep root

Same here on PB4.

Did some testing on PB4: 

p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext
p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext

Same commands on FakeSMC:

p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
p70:~ Lex$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

did a new test (DB6)... root:wheel works fine with /Library/Extensions but didn't work with /System/Library/Extensions... operation not permitted 

maybe something related to SIP... I'll try again with CsrActiveConfig=0x03

EDIT:

yes, with SIP disabled, root:wheel works again with /S/L/E

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 1

did a new test (DB6)... root:wheel works fine with /Library/Extensions but didn't work with /System/Library/Extensions... operation not permitted 

maybe something related to SIP... I'll try again with CsrActiveConfig=0x03

EDIT:

yes, with SIP disabled, root:wheel works again with /S/L/E

Nice, mine is set at 0x01: 

csr-active-config	%01%00%00%00

So I ended up installing the public beta of OS X El Capitan. Having FakeSMC in Clover/kexts/10.11 works using 

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
                <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
                <string>0x67</string>
                <key>BooterConfig</key>
                <string>0x28</string>
	</dict>

Now I need to install AppleHDA to S/L/E due to dependencies I believe, but what is the "official" way of installing an unsigned kext in El Capitan so that it works and doesn't complain about it?  We know that rootless=0 is gone so can someone clear this up for me? 

So I ended up installing the public beta of OS X El Capitan. Having FakeSMC in Clover/kexts/10.11 works using 

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
                <string>0x67</string>
                <key>BooterConfig</key>
                <string>0x28</string>
	</dict>

Now I need to install AppleHDA to S/L/E due to dependencies I believe, but what is the "official" way of installing an unsigned kext in El Capitan so that it works and doesn't complain about it?  We know that rootless=0 is gone so can someone clear this up for me? 

I still use kext utility, which does a good job.

Slice just posted a way using terminal:             #7486            

CsrActiveConfig needs to be 0x03 to install to /S/L/E from what i've read. 

I use 0x01, but i only installed kexts to /L/E. With AppleHDA, the original needs to be removed from /S/L/E though. 

I still use kext utility, which does a good job.

Slice just posted a way using terminal:             #7486            

CsrActiveConfig needs to be 0x03 to install to /S/L/E from what i've read. 

I use 0x01, but i only installed kexts to /L/E. With AppleHDA, the original needs to be removed from /S/L/E though. 

Valuable information, should be put up somewhere instead of being hidden throughout the posts. I want to see what's all the excitement about El Capitan lol

EDIT: Okay kexts in Clover do not work beginning from Public Beta 2. So does this mean someone has to use single user mode to transfer the kext to the El Capitan partition or boot an existing partition to transfer the kext to the location?

EDIT: Okay kexts in Clover do not work beginning from Public Beta 2. So does this mean someone has to use single user mode to transfer the kext to the El Capitan partition or boot an existing partition to transfer the kext to the location?

yes.

I could recover DP5 backup and installed Clover 3252 as UEFI only. Found out that the Clover Installer created a EFI folder inside the EFI partition so i couldnt boot first. After moving the files out of the folder directly in to the EFI partition i could boot! I try now to update to DP6 again. Do you got any tipps..should i chmod+chown S/L/E + FakeSMC etc. with 0:0 or sudo cp -R -v ? is it still possible to use unsigned kexts in DP6? i like the idea to use the kexts i need with SIP enabled!

I could recover DP5 backup and installed Clover 3252 as UEFI only. Found out that the Clover Installer created a EFI folder inside the EFI partition so i couldnt boot first. After moving the files out of the folder directly in to the EFI partition i could boot! I try now to update to DP6 again. Do you got any tipps..should i chmod+chown S/L/E + FakeSMC etc. with 0:0 or sudo cp -R -v ? is it still possible to use unsigned kexts in DP6? i like the idea to use the kexts i need with SIP enabled!

EFI folder inside the EFI partition is the way it's always been, for as far as I know. So, your unbootable system doesn't have anything to do with that. I've got the files in EFI (partition)>EFI(folder)>CLOVER (etc) and I have no problems booting up. So, I'm not sure what's going on with your PC, but that is not the issue.

As for copying the kexts into the right place, you can use Slice's method (thanks for the tip! :D ). It's the easiest and the most effective one I've seen so far.

Assuming you've got the kext on your Desktop, and using FakeSMC.kext as an example, type this in terminal:

sudo cp -R -v ~/Desktop/FakeSMC.kext /Library/Extensions/

This will copy your kext from Desktop into /Library/Extensions and will set the appropriate permissions to the kext. You don't need to use S/L/E. Theoretically you can use any location where you can write (haven't tried that theory). I used L/E and I got no issues. So, up to you.

Yes, it is still possible to use unsigned kexts in DP6 if:

1. you've got a newer version of Clover (3252 is perfect)

2. you got the custom kexts (especially FakeSMC.kext) in L/E or S/L/E and you set the correct permissions (if you're using the command above, the permissions will be automatically set)

After everything is correctly set up and you can boot up successfully, if you really want that SIP enabled, you can add this in Clover config.plist (RtVariables section):

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
        <string>0x00</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
</dict>

Don't use Clover Configurator for that. Open the config file with Text Edit and do the changes manually.

You might (so far, it's just a theory, but it's worth remembering for the next update) want to switch from 0x00 to 0x01 before applying the next update. This will allow unrestricted access to unsigned kexts (only), such as FakeSMC, and you should have no problems booting up after the update. I haven't tried keeping it on 0x00 (SIP fully enabled). But if you want, you can try with the next update and see what happens.

To check if SIP is enabled, you can call csrutil status using this command in terminal:

csrutil status

If it's enabled, you should see this:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled.
  • Like 3

Hello friends

I want you another special report which is with me.

Since I have still partitioned my SSD's as MBR, because I also use Windows on some partitions,

there with me yes EFI partition but just the EFI folder where then Clover's inside.

Therefore I have had in recent days and the SIP problem with 10:11 Beta 5 + 6. Having the whole file

permissions set correctly and only once these lines:

<Key>RtVariables</key>

<Dict>

<Key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<String>0x67</string>

<Key>BooterConfig</key>

<String>0x28</string>

</Dict>

have followed as it was no longer present config.pist entered into, I was surprised that nevertheless SIP: disble appears

when you csrutil status calls in the terminal.

The answer is, that is, always written in my first partition a SSD, where Clover has been installed in the EFI folder a nvram.plist.

And in there, these values ​​of csrActiveconfig and BooterConfig stored.

So it now goes back exactly as in Yosemite where this security option SIP does not yet exist yes.

Hopefully we will Apple at a Beta 7 not fret again and adds new features added to us to allow the Mac OS to run on a PC, to make it more difficult.

• Like 1

arsradu So, I'm not sure what's going on with your PC, but that is not the issue.

Thanks for the reply, i moved the EFI Folder back and now -v shows me " ++++++++++++++++_" so i gues i did something wrong in the config.plist. i tried to match the old one from Clover 3248.. i would really aprreciate if any1 with a UD5H+Clover 3252 could post/send me his config.plist

(i use onboard/intel hd4000 graphic).

Thanks for the reply, i moved the EFI Folder back and now -v shows me " ++++++++++++++++_" so i gues i did something wrong in the config.plist. i tried to match the old one from Clover 3248.. i would really aprreciate if any1 with a UD5H+Clover 3252 could post/send me his config.plist

Do you have a bootable version of OS X on a USB stick? If so, you can easily extract the config.plist from there and use it on your system.

I don't have that motherboard and I don't know how many people do. Also, I don't think that's what you should be focusing on right now.

Also, something else I would do if I were you, is removing everything in the EFI partition on your computer and reinstalling Clover. After that's done, you can copy-paste the config.plist extracted from your USB drive into EFI>EFI>CLOVER on your computer.

Please, note: for older versions of Clover (such as 3241, probably 3248 too), the OS X El Capitan version shouldn't be newer than PB1 or DP3, and also, the kexts should be in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Replace osxlowmemoryfixdrv with osxaptiofixdrv.

arsradu

Thanks, i already tried with replacing the config.plist etc. and it worked but not forever. I formatted my drive and only made 1 partition for 10.11 now, will remove EFI Folder/s and re-install Clover. I also will disconnect any other drives (with 10.10 + other EFI partitions etc.) and see if it works.

Lex.. i didnt found any "osxlowmemoryfixdrv" or "osxaptiofixdrv" but i will take a look with Clover Configurator.

Thanks, i already tried with replacing the config.plist etc. and it worked but not forever. I formatted my drive and only made 1 partition for 10.11 now, will remove EFI Folder/s and re-install Clover. I also will disconnect any other drives (with 10.10 + other EFI partitions etc.) and see if it works.

Lex.. i didnt found any "osxlowmemoryfixdrv" or "osxaptiofixdrv" but i will take a look with Clover Configurator.

Please, note, if you say you got Yosemite working with Clover 3248, that won't boot El Capitan's latest updates as well! I'm not sure which version of El Capitan are you trying to boot, but if it's DP4 or up, or PB2 or up, that won't work anymore.

So, what you need to do is this:

1. boot up Yosemite

2. upgrade Clover to latest version (now you'll have the same bootloader for both Yosemite and El Capitan, because there is only one EFI partition)

3. open up config.plist and add those RtVariables changes I mentioned above. Don't worry, it won't affect Yosemite in any way. Make sure you do it correctly though.

4. while still on Yosemite, copy your kexts into /Volumes/ElCapitan/Library/Extensions using the command I gave you above. I would recommend updating your FakeSMC.kext as well. You can extract it from HWSensors.

5. reboot.

If you've got a USB drive with Yosemite, you can even update the Clover version on the USB drive so that you won't need to do it from the OS.

Anyway, I don't think there was any real need to format anything. But I have to admit, I did it a lot when I first started hackintoshing. So yeah, you'll probably do it too.