OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

@ message: USB 2.0 not working (for all systems) ?

Coud be because, i had extreme slow booting / working with my USB 2.0 USB Stick and 10.9  - same install works from HD fast. Also using my second USB Stick (with running OS X 10.8 on it) boots + works much faster.

You have to use a newer hardware smBIOS: MacPro 3,1 or 2,1 won't work at all. Download Chameleon Wizard and work on it.

All the best!

Macpro3,1 works just fine. (it's the oldest supported macpro model)

Succes!

Just updated my secondary hard disk to Mavericks DP1.

Everything works (including speedstep, etc).

Picture below ;)

post-100023-0-07049600-1371305095_thumb.png

• Like 1

:)

hello Andy ,

directement de ton ML 10.8 via OSInstall.mpkg ou via une clef usb  d'installation ? 

directly from your ML 10.8 OSInstall.mpkg via USB or via a key installation?

Using USB key via custom restore.

Restored BaseSystem.dmg.

Extracted kernel and put on /

Copied Packages.

Install via latest Clover.

And it works :D

EDIT: Just tested my OpenGL on my Radeon HD6450.

It fully supports up to OpenGL 2.1 (and partial 3) but no OpenGL 4.X

So only ATI 7XXX and Nvidia Kepler cards support it... :S

• Like 1

i went back to 10.8.4 as 10.9 wasn't the most stable system comparing to 10.8.4, for some reason my finder kept on looping so couldn't really put up with having to restart pc couple of times a day. I will go back to 10.9 when it's released. 10.9 is the same really just with maps lol, no point at this stage in time :)

Wrong: 10.9 at this point will give you 500-1000 points improvement in Geekbench scores. If this is not enough, there's much, much more. If you use two (or more) monitors, now both behave as a independent screen, and you can also have two (or more) full screen apps opened at the same time. Talking about full screen, now you can have you Finder windows in full screen. Did i say Finder windows? So look at this: you can have all your Finder windows mess beautifully organized in tabs, freely copying files from one tab to another. Mail, Messages and Safari got noticeably faster (the new Safari seems to make Chrome eat dust badly now) and some preference panes got a huge upgrade. And yes, there is maps and you know what?, it's very cool!

To say it's "the same really just with maps" is at best an inaccurate statement. However, i agree with you it's not as stable as Mountain Lion (yet pretty usable for me, and i'll keep it my main OS to test it better, since i'm being able to do my serious work stuff on it without a single issue).

All the best!

• Like 2

Wrong: 10.9 at this point will give you 500-1000 points improvement in Geekbench scores. 

Not for me, my 3770k gets near the exact same score no matter ML or 10.9. Maybe some kexts are optimized while some haven't changed at much.

Speaking of which... I have DP1 running from day 1 now but can't get my Intel 82579V to work... I copied over everything from the Extra folder and it just works.

But not so much AppleINtelE1000e.kext after putting it in IoNetworkingFamily.kext into the plugins folder...

Tried my goof old GA-Z67X-UD3H as well and behold... the Realtek NIC with RealtekR1000SL.kext is working either in E/E or S/L/E...

Even the patched AppleHDA.kext from ML will give you sound in 10.9 :)

Seems like pretty much everything that does ML will do 10.9.

To say it's "the same really just with maps" is at best an inaccurate statement. However, i agree with you it's not as stable as Mountain Lion (yet pretty usable for me, and i'll keep it my main OS to test it better, since i'm being able to do my serious work stuff on it without a single issue).

lol no need to go in to detail, i knew the tabs part, it was a general statement. the overall look and feel is definetly the same. I did however notice the mouse accleration and mouse movement has been obviously worked on for the OS and avaiable to me in games like TF2. But General term for me is quite plain at this stage, my jaw aint dropping for this release as of yet.

I'm using a modified version of the USB install routine involving two additional HD partitions (one for the installer and one for the base installation - NOT replacing my working-as-it-is ML 10.8.4), using myHack 3.x current beta.  By using this method (if it works), I'll be able to boot either ML or Mavericks without necessarily having to rely on an internal bootloader (I have Clover on a USB drive which is my backup bootloader for ML, and due to it working for Mavericks, I need only change which partition it boots).  Right now, I am doing the restore of the DP1 installer to its planned target partition (more than large enough for the task), which is, in fact, the OTHER reason I'm choosing this method - no USB thumb drives to spare as of yet).  My "Hack" drive is split into three partitions - existing ML-> target Mavericks-> Mavericks installer (DP and later GM restore target) - all are GPT.

I'm using a modified version of the USB install routine involving two additional HD partitions (one for the installer and one for the base installation - NOT replacing my working-as-it-is ML 10.8.4), using myHack 3.x current beta.  By using this method (if it works), I'll be able to boot either ML or Mavericks without necessarily having to rely on an internal bootloader (I have Clover on a USB drive which is my backup bootloader for ML, and due to it working for Mavericks, I need only change which partition it boots).  Right now, I am doing the restore of the DP1 installer to its planned target partition (more than large enough for the task), which is, in fact, the OTHER reason I'm choosing this method - no USB thumb drives to spare as of yet).  My "Hack" drive is split into three partitions - existing ML-> target Mavericks-> Mavericks installer (DP and later GM restore target) - all are GPT.

I'm using the exact same method, I installed Lion and ML with this method too in the past. The last external install media I used was a SL dvd ~2years ago  :lol:

I'm using the exact same method, I installed Lion and ML with this method too in the past. The last external install media I used was a SL dvd ~2years ago  :lol:

This is a method I'd used before (SL and Lion), but with an ATAPI (not SATA) drive.  That is, in fact, the only other change (aside from using Clover on a USB stick as a backup bootloader/launcher).  Clover is, in fact, the other reason I resurrected this method - my next hardware upgrade will likely *require* me to use Clover (due to UEFI usage on any motherboard under consideration) - the Clover USB setup I have is not one I built myself.  Because of the modules included in this particular *canned* Clover setup, I can use Clover as a solid backup loader/launcher - however, I can't switch to it as my default due to being all too UNfamiliar with configuration of Clover in the install/module setup phase.  Clover has a lot to offer as a backup or alternative to Chameleon, even if you have a standard BIOS (my current motherboard has a standard BIOS; however, that's not why I'm not using Clover as my default), as it has options that Chameleon just plain lacks.  (One biggie is that Clover can actually read EDID information from displays directly - that is simply way too useful a feature to any OS that Clover can boot/launch, and something that Chameleon can't do currently.  Notice that I said it's useful in *every* OS that Clover can boot or launch - it's not only useful to Hacks!  (Backstory - EDID is an old standard, and dates back to the pre-OS X period, as far as Apple goes, and is far from unique to them, as every OS that is not closed makes use of it; Windows and Linux distributions - not Macs - have been getting the greatest leverage out of EDID, despite even OS X being able to leverage EDID to a degree.)

This is a method I'd used before (SL and Lion), but with an ATAPI (not SATA) drive.  That is, in fact, the only other change (aside from using Clover on a USB stick as a backup bootloader/launcher).  Clover is, in fact, the other reason I resurrected this method - my next hardware upgrade will likely *require* me to use Clover (due to UEFI usage on any motherboard under consideration) - the Clover USB setup I have is not one I built myself.  Because of the modules included in this particular *canned* Clover setup, I can use Clover as a solid backup loader/launcher - however, I can't switch to it as my default due to being all too UNfamiliar with configuration of Clover in the install/module setup phase.  Clover has a lot to offer as a backup or alternative to Chameleon, even if you have a standard BIOS (my current motherboard has a standard BIOS; however, that's not why I'm not using Clover as my default), as it has options that Chameleon just plain lacks.  (One biggie is that Clover can actually read EDID information from displays directly - that is simply way too useful a feature to any OS that Clover can boot/launch, and something that Chameleon can't do currently.  Notice that I said it's useful in *every* OS that Clover can boot or launch - it's not only useful to Hacks!  (Backstory - EDID is an old standard, and dates back to the pre-OS X period, as far as Apple goes, and is far from unique to them, as every OS that is not closed makes use of it; Windows and Linux distributions - not Macs - have been getting the greatest leverage out of EDID, despite even OS X being able to leverage EDID to a degree.)

No offence, PGHAMMER but I would really like to know if there is a Clover installation guide - instructions in plain English. Everybody is talking about it as a "God Given" product with features never seen before. Zillion of posts full of almost religious appreciation but no simple instructions how to do a trivial install on a BIOS MB?!?

Further on, similar thing with enabling iMessage on Hackintosh: use Clover and all your problems will be solved. But no simple To Do list with instructions how to do it.

Am I missing a blog, post, or manual that everybody else knows?

If I do, and anybody is aware of that magic post - guide, please let me know!

No offence, PGHAMMER but I would really like to know if there is a Clover installation guide - instructions in plain English. Everybody is talking about it as a "God Given" product with features never seen before. Zillion of posts full of almost religious appreciation but no simple instructions how to do a trivial install on a BIOS MB?!?

Further on, similar thing with enabling iMessage on Hackintosh: use Clover and all your problems will be solved. But no simple To Do list with instructions how to do it.

Am I missing a blog, post, or manual that everybody else knows?

If I do, and anybody is aware of that magic post - guide, please let me know!

Create a Recovery Partition And Enable All Features Of iCloud and iMessages 

• Like 1

Not sure how many people are into doing software raid setup but just wanted to post back saying the system feels very responsive for a DP1.  Had to manually copy over my information (documents, pictures, etc)  from the Time Machine because whenever trying to restore the account from my 10.8.4, system would be rendered useless because 10.9 would auto log me out for some odd reason I didn't care to look into.  Must say, aside from the snappiness and the much appreciated multi monitor setup advances, the OS on a whole was quite easy to install and get running since my Sapphire 6870 was working OOTB from the install all the way to the desktop with all monitors working.  Just one word of note to make that if your AMD card shows up as either 79xx, 68xx, etc then you will need to properly patch the respective controllers.  I perl patched my card to the Gibba FB so it displayed as 6870 instead of 68xx and there were noticeable improvements in benchmarks once applied.  

I too am using Mavs as my main OS and have my good ol SL install around because to date it's still my fav OS X released.  Time Machine has been a godsend in making the transition to the DP easy as well as testing since you can always screw just about anything software related up and have a perfect safety net to fall into and start back again with.  Testing with TM is easy at least for me because I keep my documents, pictures, and music / movies on other individual drives so only OS related things and temporarily kept downloads are on my raided SSDs. 

I see the fuss over maps but I think my greatest fuss might be over the new Calendar app with integration of maps embedded in it, my work schedule just looks a whole lot more organized and put together.  :)

• Like 5

hello

anyone having problems with new safari

changing tab, refreshensing pages... sometimes it freeze my system.. no problems with firefox.. after few hours of working in system it eat 5 gb of ram... maybe new gestion of ram..

good hack

EDIT: Just tested my OpenGL on my Radeon HD6450.

It fully supports up to OpenGL 2.1 (and partial 3) but no OpenGL 4.X

So only ATI 7XXX and Nvidia Kepler cards support it... :S

Andy, OpenGL 4.x is fully supported by Intel HD 4000:

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 6.54.19 AM.png

The older nVidia 9800 GT fully supports OpenGL 3.3 and partially 4.1 (57%) and 4.2 (16%):

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 6.54.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 6.57.42 AM.png

All the best!

• Like 1