OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

iawval, wanted to report that i do have Extensions showing in system information now in gm :D

Thank You Joe75. did you make something to fix it, or did it come with the update? I still have to run SI as root to get them.

I figure out it's some ACL or user permissions problem, miserable aspect of Os/x which is only source of nuisances, If no easy solution is at hand, before going through this, I'll wait final Maverick and restart clean.

Thank You Joe75. did you make something to fix it, or did it come with the update? I still have to run SI as root to get them.

I figure out it's some ACL or user permissions problem, miserable aspect of Os/x which is only source of nuisances, If no easy solution is at hand, before going through this, I'll wait final Maverick and restart clean.

GM is final.

Just look in the App Store.

It reads OS X Mavericks instead of OS X Mavericks DP

• Like 3

Thank You Joe75. did you make something to fix it, or did it come with the update? 

I didn't do anything special or different. Its a fresh install booting with clover after running the Install OS X Mavericks.app from desktop. I didn't make an installer with base system or anything like that. This is the first time I've seen the Extensions tab populate since any of the DP builds.

Hi and welcome,

you have to write the setting in \System\Library\Extensions\IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns\X86PlatformPlugin.kext\Contents\Resources\<your_platform_id>.plist

EDIT:

I don't know if old system definitions are affected too. If yes, look at ...\IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext\Contents\Resources

How can I find my platform id ? thx.

How can I find my platform id ? thx.

Hi and welcome.

The platform id is defined in the SMBIOS and greatly affects the behavior of your system. It is important to set one that matches your hardware as much as possible.

I would recommend you to look at the tool Chameleon Wizard.

To see your current id, paste this command into the terminal:

ioreg -l -d2 | grep board-id | sed -e 's/.*<"//' -e 's/">//'

GM is final.

Just look in the App Store.

It reads OS X Mavericks instead of OS X Mavericks DP

Thank you Anv, that's good news for the Hackintosh and nervous one for the real Macs to update in short, much less prone to something wrong to happen but also more riotous  to fix if something does.

I take the occasion to join a choir and  thank you for so much top-quality and reliable support you gave to all of us.

Hi and welcome.

The platform id is defined in the SMBIOS and greatly affects the behavior of your system. It is important to set one that matches your hardware as much as possible.

I would recommend you to look at the tool Chameleon Wizard.

To see your current id, paste this command into the terminal:

ioreg -l -d2 | grep board-id | sed -e 's/.*<"//' -e 's/">//'

Hi, k3nny. Do you have ideas about the function of each parameter in the plist?

• Like 1