OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

no we mean the one that will run on 10.9

There isn't one yet.

I suppose the seed update configuration utility will be released with DP2.

I'll keep you posted if it arrives... ;)

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I've just installed Mavericks on the second partition on my HDD. All is working, but I have some issues (I hope someone has some solutions for these ones):

- OpenCL, or low-performance drivers - I've got a GTX 580 and I got only 900 pts on Luxmark (on ML, with stock drivers - 1400, with web drivers - 900).

- Wake reason: RTC (alarm) - when I put in sleep my PC, it wakes after a while (I have a patched DSDT with also RTC patch).

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext - failed to load - When I boot my PC I see: IOMemory ReadOnly (or something like that) and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext in backtrace.

works instantly... but no ati 5450 drivers... :((

hello

sure it have..

only don't have amdradeonaccelerator..

it use amdradeon3000x

see inside the kext... and amd5000controller.. same method u use before.. only in other kext

good hack

10.9 dp1

AMDCamanGraphicsAccleterator. ** Device in slot : slot-1

after that black screen how to fix this?

6950 all ori ati kexts.

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext - failed to load - When I boot my PC I see: IOMemory ReadOnly (or something like that) and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext in backtrace.

I noticed that as well, but the kexts are still loaded.

VDADecoderChecker:

AVF info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6 
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

MBR patch

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/99-mavericks-mbr-patch/

It's basically the same patch as ML (thanks nawcom) except for the second jump.

3b31: je -> jmp
46e3: jne -> jmpq
81fa: je -> jmp

3cfe: je -> jmp
498b: je -> nop
dad4: je -> jmp

The problem I was having (crash after language selection) was because of codesign, fixed with

codesign -f -s - OSInstall
  • Like 7

I noticed that as well, but the kexts are still loaded.

VDADecoderChecker:

AVF info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6 
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Thanks for your response. So it's a Mavericks problem.

Did anyone try with a LGA 2011 board? Does Sandy-E power management work? And Crossfire? If yes, great days are coming for OSX86.

I found this in 10.9 DP1's AGPM.kext: (Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 means Mac Pro 6,1)

Seems they made two cards into different usage regarding the different control-id.

Usually, control-id 16 is for intel gpu.

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
				<dict>
					<key>GFX1</key>
					<dict>
						<key>AGDCEnabled</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>-1</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>16</integer>
						<key>max-power-state</key>
						<integer>15</integer>
						<key>min-power-state</key>
						<integer>0</integer>
					</dict>
					<key>GFX2</key>
					<dict>
						<key>AGDCEnabled</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>-1</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>17</integer>
						<integer>15</integer>
						<integer>0</integer>
					</dict>
				</dict>

I found this in 10.9 DP1's AGPM.kext: (Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 means Mac Pro 6,1)

Seems they made two cards into different usage regarding the different control-id.

Usually, control-id 16 is for intel gpu.

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
				<dict>
					<key>GFX1</key>
					<dict>
						<key>AGDCEnabled</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>-1</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>16</integer>
						<integer>15</integer>
						<integer>0</integer>
					</dict>
					<key>GFX2</key>
					<dict>
						<key>AGDCEnabled</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>Heuristic</key>
						<dict>
							<key>ID</key>
							<integer>-1</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>control-id</key>
						<integer>17</integer>
						<integer>15</integer>
						<integer>0</integer>
					</dict>
				</dict>

There is no intel GPU on this system. They will most likely follow laptop GPU specs with a mother card and a secondary card with a different ID so it only powers on when needed. 

What I did notice for my setup... usb3 was working on ML with the universal .kext, however 10.9 recognizes them automatically (ML wouldn't) but can't connect anything to the ports.
Worth looking into or waiting for the final release to see if USB3 works properly then?

Intel Z77 chipset : 
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
ASMedia USB 3.0 controller : 
2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)

Get latest snapshot.  It works on 10.9DP1.

What I did notice for my setup... usb3 was working on ML with the universal .kext, however 10.9 recognizes them automatically (ML wouldn't) but can't connect anything to the ports.
Worth looking into or waiting for the final release to see if USB3 works properly then?

hello

man nothing works 100% this a DP1.. so.. wait

is full of bugs

this is new OS and apple do it... new safari.. new ram manager.. new kext manager...

what u want ? a miracle.. for now is a good work from apple.. but for me full of bugs..

and one more thing if is all good where is the new DP and new OS.. hopping this is not a new Lion

Mountain LIon is a very good OS from DP.. never have problems with it...

good hack

Tried to create the new usb stick for Maveriks with MyHack 3.2 beta8, all goes fine till the end, i copied over MBR patch but i can't see MyHack Maveriks partition at boot, also tried to reinstall chameleon both from MyHack itself and Chameleon Wizard, tried last rev and the specific rev for 10.9, nothing changed..

Maybe it's broken, i noticed that after all the MyHack processes were complete the Packages folder which contains OSInstall.mpkg was completely missing.. Did anyone that used MyHack notice this too?

Tried to create the new usb stick for Maveriks with MyHack 3.2 beta8, all goes fine till the end, i copied over MBR patch but i can't see MyHack Maveriks partition at boot, also tried to reinstall chameleon both from MyHack itself and Chameleon Wizard, tried last rev and the specific rev for 10.9, nothing changed..

Maybe it's broken, i noticed that after all the MyHack processes were complete the Packages folder which contains OSInstall.mpkg was completely missing.. Did anyone that used MyHack notice this too?

It's simple. Make the USB without MyHack or anything else like that. There is a really great tutorial on how to do it if you at least take the time to look for it. I cannot understand why people constantly use third party apps to do what can be done in a few simple steps. And then still complain that it does not work. This thread is a discussion thread on the OS itself, not on what one-click apps do and don't work. You are complicating things for yourself by using 3rd party apps. It takes the control for success and failure right out of your hands and you loearn absolutely nothing. Find the tutorial and i'm telling you, when you see just how easy it is to do it yourself, you will kick yourself.

• Like 2

Here it is running in VMWare Workstation 9.0.1 (used an unlocker).

Not perfect but it works.

I also attached DarwinDumper output. (for the curious people)

post-100023-0-56416900-1371980219_thumb.png

DarwinDumper_2.7.5_VMware,_Inc._Mav_andyvand.zip

• Like 1

It's simple. Make the USB without MyHack or anything else like that. There is a really great tutorial on how to do it if you at least take the time to look for it. I cannot understand why people constantly use third party apps to do what can be done in a few simple steps. And then still complain that it does not work. This thread is a discussion thread on the OS itself, not on what one-click apps do and don't work. You are complicating things for yourself by using 3rd party apps. It takes the control for success and failure right out of your hands and you loearn absolutely nothing. Find the tutorial and i'm telling you, when you see just how easy it is to do it yourself, you will kick yourself.

Will try the manual way and see what happens.

Well, just tried this way and now the pc hangs at bios check screen. Will try reinstalling chameleon, otherwise i'll reinstall the whole thing with MyHack again.

EDIT: Reinstalled Chameleon through MyHack and now i can get to boot  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I want say about my impression of Mavericks.

On the whole it is good and it's liked more than ML by me.

It has both advantage and disadvantage as well.

Plus.

My sleep got to wake up more quickly.

Minus

AppleHDA became popping during waking up and falling asleep.

VoodooSDHC doesn't want to work at Mavericks.

Mac OSX became looking more modern.

I thought that it was quite buggy. But it works decently.

All in all don't afraid to go over from ML to Mavericks. :)

I noticed a faster "reaction" in Mavericks especially right after logging in, now all sections/windows open lightning fast.

Another thing i'm happy about is that every kext i need works flawlessly in Maveriks, eth, wireless, card reader, but could be because it's an Alpha and not much changed in the code from 10.8.4 (and 10.8.5 beta)

I noticed a faster "reaction" in Mavericks especially right after logging in, now all sections/windows open lightning fast.

Another thing i'm happy about is that every kext i need works flawlessly in Maveriks, eth, wireless, card reader, but could be because it's an Alpha and not much changed in the code from 10.8.4 (and 10.8.5 beta)

I think it is one of beta versions. If it was an alpha version, you would have pile of problems.

Look at iOS 7 for iPad which is alpha. Many of application even don't open including those which are built-in.