OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

Has anyone else with GUID HDD experienced this strange problem: I have a GUID HDD with NTFS and HFS+ partition, everything is set correctly (AHCI, External Drives Fix.) but i still get "OS X cannot startup from this disk" and i can't continue with the installation.

EDIT:::
Nvm it was Disk Utility bug in the installer, standalone Disk Utility works perfect.

Sorry for all the spam.. I see others have working (native) GPU support. Very nice! Also good to see that most (basic) things are working. Let's hope this stays till the final release.

Anyone tested the new OS X with a Fermi GPU? :)

Sorry for all the spam.. I see others have working (native) GPU support. Very nice! Also good to see that most (basic) things are working. Let's hope this stays till the final release.

Sry for OT but fermi (GTS 450) wass pain from begining and need to be out of OSX!!

i wass having nightmare with this card soo i would recomended from heart that u get another card for more happy life :D

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I have a SL 10.6.3 install with Chameleon 2.1 installed and the Mavericks DP donwloaded. How would I install Mavericks on my MBR hard drive, replacing SL, that also has Windows 7 dual booting. I read about restoring the Mavericks DP to a flash drive and then restoring back to the HDD, but how would I do that while SL is running? Thanks for your help.

Interesting!?! 

Installed Mavericks DP1 on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 following install guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

No issues and...unfortunately almost no fun at all: straightforward install.

Audio and network work with old AppleHDA and RealtekRTL81xx.

Apple ATI Radeon HD 5870 works OOB.

Old problem from ML 10.8.4: Cannot sign into iMessage. (I have to admit, I haven't tried hard with iMessage fixes even in ML.).

Parallels refuse to work - complain about million of things. But that is Parallels standard behaviour every time new version of Mac OSX is out. (I wouldn't be surprised if Parallels app just checks OS version number and refuses to work until they haven't tested it properly and until you pay them for a new version.) 

Now the strange, interesting part!!  :shock:

Sleep works without AppleRTC patch?!? No BIOS reset! Gets even better: ML problem that Trackpad and Apple Bluetooth Mouse would not work after sleep, now they come back just fine?!

UPDATE:

1. Sleep does work without AppleRTC patch: going back and fourth to and from sleep without a problem.

However, once I tried to restart, which I haven't done before I posted the message above, the system it did corrupt BIOS.  

The good news is that the patch from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289040-os-x-109-dps-builds/?p=1923447 solves the issue.

2. I got Parallels working using a script that the company put on their web site. 

http://kb.parallels.com/en/116259

I am pleasantly surprised and thankful they reacted so quickly this time. 

3. I tried to enable iMessage but no success. Couldn't install Clover on GA-X58A-UD7: couldn't figure correct install configuration.

In every trial Boot friezes in character mode showing "7" as a boot option.

On the other hand way to many postings on both iMessage and Clover - hard to figure out which one to follow.

4. Managed to get Mavericks Install show on the monitor using Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6870. It did not work on ML!

• Like 2

I´m using Mavericks since yesterday, my GTX 560M works OOTB but the fermi freezee still remain so I had to use freezeefix app.

Good luck

• Like 1

"Now the strange, interesting part!!  :shock:

Sleep works without AppleRTC patch?!? No BIOS reset! Gets even better: ML problem that Trackpad and Apple Bluetooth Mouse would not work after sleep, now they come back just fine?!"

For me, with or without patched applertc from 10.8 i've got cmos reset.... (on asus p5q)

This is my first post but been here a long time mavericks works 100% without issues on my 7zzx-ud3h i7 3770 clocked at 4.3ghz with 16gb's of hyper x ram clocked at 1800mhz with a asus direct cu II 7970 all i needed was voodohda sound driver i have had no crashes glitches say for one glitch which can be seen somewhere is my video 

i love the forum keep it up tonymac banned me for trying to install 10.9 but they are stuck up now and days 

Hi all, had 10.8.4 updated to 10.9 DP1 yesterday, and got following:

1) system hangs randomly. Stops responding in the middle of any task, no matter CPU load or some reproducible activity, with no suspicious log messages. I think that spotlight search indexer may causes this, because right after update system worked no more than few minutes, now it's about 4 hours. Possible clean installation will fix that

2) old-good "reboot after sleep" issue is back for me (with 10.8 I used AppleRTC binary patched)

3) a LOT of applications I have isn't works properly (0xED hex editor, BetterZip, Coda2 etc.)

4) it's really nice multi-display support here, just a bit buggy at the time :-)

My spec is Gigabyte P55M-UD4 i7 GF 680, osx installed on SSD with chameleon in EFI 

Parallels refuse to work

The solution from parallels: http://kb.parallels.com/116259

That's how it looks like. try using the MacPro 6,1 in smbios and "-AllowAppleCPUPM"

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-v -x npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <string>/Extra/smbios2.plist</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>5</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>busratio</key>
    <string>38</string>

Klonkrieger2, please keep us updated on your Quadro/ LGA2011 power managment issues! Very interested to know if the 6.1 definitions will work...

What boot arguments are you adding (if any) other than safe mode? I've always needed to use PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000 to get to anywhere with my Quadro 4000 under ML.

Edit: Hang on... I just upgraded my LGA 2011 hack to 10.8.4, set the system definition to Mac Pro 6,1, rebooted, deleted SleepEnabler.kext from SLE, rebooted and then tried to put the computer to sleep. And it worked, sleeping and waking as it should. Is that a good sign for 10.9?

I´m using Mavericks since yesterday, my GTX 560M works OOTB but the fermi freezee still remain so I had to use freezeefix app.

Good luck

Hi AREOS,

Could you please send me (an link of) the App?

Thanks! :)

10.9dp1  works astonishing well in this old machine.  (see signature)

I use myHack 3.2b8 and polish with hand.

I am very satisfied this situation.  Now I have good time to

wait Haswell motherboard with ddr4 and dual thunderbolt-2.

Human being is not bad, if he/she is "versionholic"...

8-)

T  -.-

zfs and siri next please...

• Like 1

That's how it looks like. try using the MacPro 6,1 in smbios and "-AllowAppleCPUPM"

EthernetBuiltIn

Yes

GraphicsEnabler

Yes

Kernel Flags

-v -x npci=0x2000 darkwake=0

SMBIOS

/Extra/smbios2.plist

Timeout

UseKernelCache

Yes

busratio

Klonkrieger, that means it's working on your system, LGA 2011 power management? Just to clarify.

zfs and siri next please...

Siri will come, but don't hold your breath for zfs.