OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

Well, it's better than when i tried ML DP1, wireless was not working (Ralink RT2870 USB), and i had lots of problems with installation.

This time everything went smooth, and i'm writing directly from 10.9.

One thing that i think i missed, is iBooks missing from this DP1? Will it be added in future DPs or added at launch?

Hey. I installled 10.9 DP1 on my Core i3 system today alongside a SL 10.6.8 partition. I need an Extra folder on the Mav partition for iMesage to work. Can someone explain how to generate a new one on said partition? I tried copying my Etra folder from SL but Mav wouldn't boot with it  My smbios is Mac Pro 3,1. Thanks as always.

wws12

Well, it's better than when i tried ML DP1, wireless was not working (Ralink RT2870 USB), and i had lots of problems with installation.

This time everything went smooth, and i'm writing directly from 10.9.

One thing that i think i missed, is iBooks missing from this DP1? Will it be added in future DPs or added at launch?

Most likely at launch, but I might be wrong

Hi everyone.

I found that MplayerX crashes at Mavericks. And it was good player.

Could you advise me another good player which would be not worse that MplayerX is.

You can try Movist :thumbsup_anim:  I love that app

@Alex Auditore I can agree with you on the first beta of iOS 7 for iPad is quite buggy because I've been trying to use it to test some self created apps and it has a lot that needs to be ironed out (using a 3rd gen iPad).  I also noticed that MplayerX isn't working for me either on Mav so I just resorted back to VLC to be my main player once again.

for those of you already running the second developer preview

is there any noticeable difference(s) to the first?

it's a big update ( 1.4 gb currently downloading) 

yes it's faster and all my bugs have been fixed my 7970 works better with newer drivers and no ibooks either

Apple likes changing ATI kexts' names

ATIxxxxController.kext -> AMDxxxxController.kext    -_-

Apple changed the name from DP1 to DP2?

for those who just want to download the DP2 without installing it, use the commande line softwareupdate tool

sudo softwareupdate -d PackageName

sudo softwareupdate -l      ---> searching for updates

sudo softwareupdate --help    ---> for more info on the softwareupdate command

• Like 2

Updated DP1 installation using DP2 from the Software Update on Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 - everything seems to be working fine.

Minor fixes needed: had to reapply AppleRTC fix to solve the BIOS corruption issue and also had to reapply Trim enabling. 

An issue I had with DP1 remains the same: very slow Bluetooth awakening after sleep. Sometimes I have to take out Bluetooth stick and put it back after a sleep to get it working. Otherwise "rotating ball" stays for a long time - blocking any activity. Any help appreciated!