OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

yes

it's me or Finder is a bit unstable?

after reading this i tested it and it's just you so far but issue may yet appear so we shall see but maps loads faster the os boots faster and i still need a 7970 dsdt injection to fix my graphics card issue and i never had to reinstall a thing either even trim stayed for me and best part my main bug is gone with image and video corruption 

Hi

New Build,  OSX Maveriks Developer Preview 2 (13A497d) in App Store.

Installed and working ... had a KP on restart ... couldn't get a boot except in safe mode .... had to run myfix from my ML installation and now everything seems ok!!!!

Update:  Finder is a little flakey {hitting the spacebar to preview an image coming up color distorted.  iTunes wasn't working ... reinstalled the release from dp1 ... maps not doing well either {large gaps...slow refresh}

not certain what is going on.  may try to reinstall the update.

And golly gosh and gee whiz....another thing....open CL {You know that wave thingy?} is about 1/10 of what it is in ML!!!!  Why?????

Could someone upload the original DP2 IOBluetoothFamily.kext? Or PM it to me? Please? Mine is messed up because of the rollback before... :rolleyes: - got it, kext still fails like in DP1

First impression about the DP2: Finder sucks, properties window glitching many times, Desktop not refreshing, so new icons not visible, and desktop comes unclickable, it's just freezing. If I drag multiple icons to the trash, they not visible at the cursor... So in this build, finder is really bad for me.

Hello. Does anyone know how to disabble the function when your press on power button and your computer go to sleep?

I what how it was earlier when you press on power bottom the window of sleep, restart and shut down springed out.

after reading this i tested it and it's just you so far but issue may yet appear so we shall see but maps loads faster the os boots faster and i still need a 7970 dsdt injection to fix my graphics card issue and i never had to reinstall a thing either even trim stayed for me and best part my main bug is gone with image and video corruption 

So as you can see, it wasn't just me

Could someone upload the original DP2 IOBluetoothFamily.kext? Or PM it to me? Please? Mine is messed up because of the rollback before... :rolleyes: - got it, kext still fails like in DP1

First impression about the DP2: Finder sucks, properties window glitching many times, Desktop not refreshing, so new icons not visible, and desktop comes unclickable, it's just freezing. If I drag multiple icons to the trash, they not visible at the cursor... So in this build, finder is really bad for me.

Updated through the App Store, all working just like before: core services like iMessage and iCloud either work like in Mountain Lion or even better/faster.

An annoying glitch: since DP1, opening some apps renders a message saying the file is broken and should be moved to trash. I can open the app anyway, but i have to drag the binary (show package contents/MacOs/name of the app) to a terminal window. Very annoying, and up to now the only serious issue for me.

Bluetooth works fine with 10.8.4 IOBluetoothFamily.kext, but i cannot toggle on/off. This also happened in DP1. On the other hand, all other hardware devices work like a treat, including legacy PCI sound cards like the Audiophile 2496 and the Soundblaster EMU10k.

All the best!

Updated through the App Store, all working just like before: core services like iMessage and iCloud either work like in Mountain Lion or even better/faster.

An annoying glitch: since DP1, opening some apps renders a message saying the file is broken and should be moved to trash. I can open the app anyway, but i have to drag the binary (show package contents/MacOs/name of the app) to a terminal window. Very annoying, and up to now the only serious issue for me.

Bluetooth works fine with 10.8.4 IOBluetoothFamily.kext, but i cannot toggle on/off. This also happened in DP1. On the other hand, all other hardware devices work like a treat, including legacy PCI sound cards like the Audiophile 2496 and the Soundblaster EMU10k.

All the best!

Hi, theconnactic. You said your bt worked fine under 10.9 and I checked your signature. It should be the notebook right? And is your broadcom bluetooth a stock one with your notebook or you replaced the original one with it.

Where can I find that "soldered macbook bluetooth module" or how can I make it?

I do have MacBook Pro.

thanks

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/252958-guide-installing-apple-bluetooth-module-in-your-hackintosh/

All you need to know, costed me about 15 USD delivered + half an hour soldering + applying heatshrink + sleeving for finishing it nicely

schermafbeelding2011102.png

Hi, theconnactic. You said your bt worked fine under 10.9 and I checked your signature. It should be the notebook right? And is your broadcom bluetooth a stock one with your notebook or you replaced the original one with it.

No, desktop, it's a Cambridge Silicon bluetooth USB adapter. Unfortunately, my netbook, since it's Atom, won't run Mavericks for the moment.

All the best!

for those who just want to download the DP2 without installing it, use the commande line softwareupdate tool

sudo softwareupdate -d PackageName

sudo softwareupdate -l      ---> searching for updates

sudo softwareupdate --help    ---> for more info on the softwareupdate command

I tried this. It listed available download, but I couldn't get it to download no matter what flag I used. Any idea?

I also had probs with the command line dl - i didnt get the selected (DP2) download working. Its unclear how to select/ name it .

So i used the flag -r which DL all recommended DLs (DP2 is one of them). 

sudo softwareupdate -d -r 

15 mins and i'll update too. Only thing i'm interested in is boot time, since i was scared the first time when i thought it was going to KP sooner or later.. and then i saw the login screen :)

EDIT: Since i couldn't find a proper topic to say this, Xcode 5 DP2 is out too (but i bet everyone knows already)