OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

A completely functioning system in less than 2 hours on a developer preview, that's a new personal record for me :P

Greetings from Belgium with a working OS X 10.9 Install!

Is audio working on your EX58-UD5? Thanks!

Yes! Install the 2 kexts that I've attached in this post. It's a modified AppleHDA kext from Mountain Lion and an HDAEnabler.

Anyone here have MBR patch ? I and many member need it :(

@ Windows04: How to make USB Mavericks? I tried Myhack, but not work :(

An MBR patch is still in the works (I'm no expert in coding or something, so I can't help you with that)

An simple install guide (with all the things you need) can be found in this topic: http://www.insanelym...-install-guide/

post-247046-0-08943600-1370967053_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

HDAEnabler1.kext.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for that Kynyo, I hadn't heard of MyHack before, seems like a great piece of software. I was wondering how I would manage to make an install USB, when I installed ML all that time ago I used some app that did everything from terminal and I couldn't remember the name of it or even if it would work for 10.9, This looks like it should do the trick! I spent all morning scratching my head!

@rvxtm Even on my factory unlocked iPhone 5 the OS itself isn't as fluid as iOS 6.0 to compare with but you have to understand there is a heavier gpu workload in iOS 7 with all the constant animations taking place. iPhone has not seen such heavy use of animation in the stock OS up until 7 dropped so I knew it was to be expected that it would have to be ironed in the future betas. None the less, I'm quite impressed with what Apple has done on their mobile front.

In regards to 10.9 (since this is after all about that new OS X right) it's running quite fine on my i7 950 coupled with a 6870 but as with all fresh installs, you'd expect things to be quite fluid since it is a fresh install after all.

+1 here on 10.9 on an external test drive in my first system in signature.

alc1200 Audio works with applehda from 10.8.x

Ethernet works with Attansicl1ethernet.kext from 10.8.x

GFX card gtx660ti works OOTB, i've got only some problem with power states, in fact it won't goes down to the lowest one when in idle (see HWmonitor part of the screenshot)

I can see sometimes some graphic glitches in finder when changing folders, but nothing to worried about and i've lost some performance in benchmarks like galaxies (from what i've seen these gfx drivers are in early beta stages).

I've got CMOS reset after wake from sleep like on 10.8 also with ML applertc (maybe it must be patched but in a new way?)

Here's a screenshot

Cheers and good "sea lion" hack :P

post-449896-0-73605600-1370969053_thumb.png

A completely functioning system in less than 2 hours on a developer preview, that's a new personal record for me :P

Greetings from Belgium with a working OS X 10.9 Install!

Yes! Install the 2 kexts that I've attached in this post. It's a modified AppleHDA kext from Mountain Lion and an HDAEnabler.

An MBR patch is still in the works (I'm no expert in coding or something, so I can't help you with that)

An simple install guide (with all the things you need) can be found in this topic: http://www.insanelym...-install-guide/

Bloody Fantastic!! Thanks dude for the working kexts.

Got CMOS reset problem - used patched 10.8 AppleRTC but that doesnt worked.

Can we use the old patch on new 10.9 RTC kext?

+1 here, same problem... i've used the 10.8 patched applertc in E/E but got cmos reset.

Xeon E5-2690 working but 10.9 doesn't like my Nvidia Quadro 5000. Only booting in safe mode (-x), but with both displays active and full resolution. also recognized in system info.

normal mode doesn't kp but i don't get to the desktop.

AppleCPUPM not working OOTB. still need nullcpupower...

Any suggestions for the gfx?

• Like 1

It will run on Haswell, even though I cannot test it. In fact, since new MBAs are already shipping, I'm sure even 10.8.4 can boot on Haswell machines. All the best!

Klonkrieger2, thank you for posting your LGA 2011 results. I'm quite confident you find a way to enable power management. Did you try MacPro 6,1 system definition? All the best!

Xeon E5-2690 working but 10.9 doesn't like my Nvidia Quadro 5000. Only booting in safe mode (-x), but with both displays active and full resolution. also recognized in system info.

normal mode doesn't kp but i don't get to the desktop.

AppleCPUPM not working OOTB. still need nullcpupower...

Any suggestions for the gfx?

Wait for nVIDIA to update their drivers!

Klonkrieger2, please keep us updated on your Quadro/ LGA2011 power managment issues! Very interested to know if the 6.1 definitions will work...

What boot arguments are you adding (if any) other than safe mode? I've always needed to use PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000 to get to anywhere with my Quadro 4000 under ML.

Edit: Hang on... I just upgraded my LGA 2011 hack to 10.8.4, set the system definition to Mac Pro 6,1, rebooted, deleted SleepEnabler.kext from SLE, rebooted and then tried to put the computer to sleep. And it worked, sleeping and waking as it should. Is that a good sign for 10.9?

• Like 1

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY RADEON 7970 IS WORKING NATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys about the all caps, Im too excited!!!  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

My Saphire Radeon 7970 is working natively in MacOS Maverick!

Without any DSDT edit, just installed and works!

uKAVAz0.jpg

• Like 4

As i was wondering, because 10.8.4 is still pretty new. Perhaps LGA 2011 is here already, albeit incomplete, but we didn't notice it yet. The MacPro 6,1 is the key. With 10.9, i suppose, it should fully work - just like the 7xxx series ATI card, which works OOB.

All the best!

Edit: Hang on... I just upgraded my LGA 2011 hack to 10.8.4, set the system definition to Mac Pro 6,1, rebooted, deleted SleepEnabler.kext from SLE, rebooted and then tried to put the computer to sleep. And it worked, sleeping and waking as it should. Is that a good sign for 10.9?

i install on a pendrive and after restore the instalation to the mbr partition i´ve created before.

You are very intelligent. But, i really need "MBR patch". Because many person don't have pendrive or two USB. And, how to restore OSX from pendrive to HDD ? Which application you used ?

As i was wondering, because 10.8.4 is still pretty new. Perhaps LGA 2011 is here already, albeit incomplete, but we didn't notice it yet. The MacPro 6,1 is the key. With 10.9, i suppose, it should fully work - just like the 7xxx series ATI card, which works OOB.

All the best!

Yeah, removing NullCPUPowerManagment still gives a kernal panic on 10.8.4. But working sleep is definetely a good sign! Let's hope it's fully operational by 10.9, which I assume it very may well be if the new Mac Pros use SB-E/ IB-E chips.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY RADEON 7970 IS WORKING NATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys about the all caps, Im too excited!!!  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

My Saphire Radeon 7970 is working natively in MacOS Maverick!

Without any DSDT edit, just installed and works!

Finally

Klonkrieger2, please keep us updated on your Quadro/ LGA2011 power managment issues! Very interested to know if the 6.1 definitions will work...

What boot arguments are you adding (if any) other than safe mode? I've always needed to use PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000 to get to anywhere with my Quadro 4000 under ML.

LGA 2011 has had support in the kernel since 10.6.7

SMBUS ID was there for x79/C602 chipset since Lion

No changes in ML

LPC ID is in Mav