OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

ok guys. here is the solution for non working old geforce cards. eg 9800gt.. :)

use /library/preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist and, change ForceOldStyleMemoryManagement to Yes.

now fully working on;

e5300 with msi p43neo

zotac 9800gt

8g ram.

Another happy camper here, 10.9 DP1 installed on my Desktop (sig) without a hitch! (aside from sound and lan kexts)

Thanks to Chameleon team and all the hard working people that bring us OSX!!!

Keep up the excellent work,

Cheers

honestly? I think it's still enough buggy (safari, App Store...)

ML's DP1 was better, IMHO   :wink_anim:

Actually you can wait for a new DP, maybe less buggy!

Then, it's still a BETA, it's just  normally!

Very few bugs here, Fantomas. One worthy of notice is an annoying Installer.app bug: the installer window won't display anything. I simply bypass it by using Pacifist, so it's not a deal breaker. All in all, it's already better than any previous OSX iteration in every aspect: usability, performance, aesthetics etc. I won't use it as my main system right now on my working machine only because of its beta state, which can translate in an yet unknown issue that could screw my work's deadlines. But i'm using it moderately for work - on projects with less tight deadlines - and i must say it's tempting to switch to it altogether.

All the best!

Installed it to an external USB 3 hard disk on my Z68 without a hitch. Using the same kexts and AppleHDA patch from 10.8 with the latest Enoch bootloader. Haven't noticed anything broken so far.

In System Profiler my Bluetooth manufacturer now shows up as "Qualcomm Atheros" instead of "Unknown". Also noticed that they're starting to implement driver signing.

Riley, i know it's unrelated to the topic, but seeing your sig i noticed you opted to let your X79/I7-3930K/32 gigs of RAM with 10.6.8 and a puny G210, while your mild i3 system uses a huge 4GB overclocked Kepler card and the newest OSes. Why?

The Z68 is my main Windows PC so the 10.8 install there is just a dual-boot.

The X79 was built purely for use as a DAW so I stuck with 10.6 because nothing since brought anything useful for audio production. For the gfx card I just needed something basic and silent.

Not always, Fantomas: a system can also have a few known unsolved bugs and yet be stable (that is, predictable, reliable to get the work done, except of course with the functions affected). It's the current status, for instance, of Mountain Lion on AMD machines when you have a 4xxx series ATI card. That said, i agree with you: the new system is yet an undiscovered country, and we don't know what kind of issues it could experience. But, in my machine, the bugs are few, very few - graphics related, i must stress - and up to now they don't stay in the way. Other than that, the system is so much better than any previous version, that i can only praise Apple's work this time.

• Like 1

I talk about bugs, not KP's

you can have 20 or more KP's with any bug

and you can have any KP but with many bugs

with bugs, I mean an unstable system

i only have 2 bugs my amd radeon hd 7970 shows as 7*** and image and video corruption over top but not present in chrome or vlc only when using safari and quicktime and all my kp were caused by bugs like audio issues and bootloader issues memory allocate issues graphics issues and about 20 more but this version is dam near flawless and i have put it through hell so far stress testing playing games screwing around with system files and it has passed 100%