Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I now have 2 APFS containers, 1 Catalina and 1 Mojave 10.14.6-Beta1.

In the Clover boot menu, I see only the last installed APFS partition, so the Catalina OS in the boot selection next to HFS + 10.14.4, etc.

The systems are installed on an SSD.

I also installed a second SSD on test 2 APFS systems, it seems like there is always only 1 APFS system in the Clover

Boot menu is displayed, can one change that?

How is it possible to view and boot from 2 or more APFS bootable systems in the boot menu of Clover 4945 ?

I do not use UEFI but Legacy EFI as a folder and no ESP partition for Clover.

With only HFS + partitions there are no problems. See and select 3 or 4 macOS systems.

Thanks for help.

So far so good with OsXAptioFixDrv3. I remember we talked here about OsXAptioFix drivers versus AptioMemoryFix. And...I think someone recommended AptioMemoryFix because of better, more up-to-date, support.

Also, at some point I had some issues with EmuVariable on a Skylake system with Nvidia Drivers. And since then, I was using AptioMemoryFix on that specific build for that specifc reason. Now, it was a long time ago so I don't remember exactly what the reason was, but basically I couldn't boot with EmuVariable and Nvidia Drivers anymore.

I haven't tried OsXAptioFixDrv3 with that...but now I'm not using Nvidia Drivers with that system. So it doesn't really matter anymore.

Thing is, guys...and I think I'm speaking for a lot of people here...options are good. But too many options are not. Cause it gets confusing.

For example, we've got 3 or 4 choices for memory fixing (OsXAptioFixDrv v1-v3 + AptioMemoryFix), a dedicated emulated NVRAM solution (EmuVariable), but if you're using OSXAptioFixDrv3 or AptioMemoryFix (both including fixes for non-native NVRAM), you don't need that anymore... And so on so forth.

There are too many options, in my opinion. Some of which are either redundant, obsolete or both. I think we need a bit of cleanup there. And only keep the stuff that people really use, without being confusing.

Also, Aptio memory fixes are NOT supposed to be used together, for as far as I know. Still, there is no protection inside Clover (and I've suggested this functionality before) to prevent users from selecting all of them if they want to. Cause they don't know which one does what. Which one has which features. Which one is good for which configuration. Which one is obsolete. And so on so forth. Now, I know Clover is not for stupid people. But that's not an excuse to make it confusing on purpose, is it?. :))

I also think we need more unity with this project. Especially when it comes to drivers. If they have the same scope, just choose the best option out there for the user, and use it by default inside Clover. The one with the best "coverage". The most complete one for most users.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining. I think this has been an amazing project for many, many years! And I'm really grateful for everything you guys have achieved. I'm only suggesting a few things to make it even better.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So far so good with OsXAptioFixDrv3. I remember we talked here about OsXAptioFix drivers versus AptioMemoryFix. And...I think someone recommended AptioMemoryFix because of better, more up-to-date, support.

Also, at some point I had some issues with EmuVariable on a Skylake system with Nvidia Drivers. And since then, I was using AptioMemoryFix on that specific build for that specifc reason. Now, it was a long time ago so I don't remember exactly what the reason was, but basically I couldn't boot with EmuVariable and Nvidia Drivers anymore.

I haven't tried OsXAptioFixDrv3 with that...but now I'm not using Nvidia Drivers with that system. So it doesn't really matter anymore.

Thing is, guys...and I think I'm speaking for a lot of people here...options are good. But too many options are not. Cause it gets confusing.

For example, we've got 3 or 4 choices for memory fixing (OsXAptioFixDrv v1-v3 + AptioMemoryFix), a dedicated emulated NVRAM solution (EmuVariable), but if you're using OSXAptioFixDrv3 or AptioMemoryFix (both including fixes for non-native NVRAM), you don't need that anymore... And so on so forth.

There are too many options, in my opinion. Some of which are either redundant, obsolete or both. I think we need a bit of cleanup there. And only keep the stuff that people really use, without being confusing.

Also, Aptio memory fixes are NOT supposed to be used together, for as far as I know. Still, there is no protection inside Clover (and I've suggested this functionality before) to prevent users from selecting all of them if they want to. Cause they don't know which one does what. Which one has which features. Which one is good for which configuration. Which one is obsolete. And so on so forth. Now, I know Clover is not for stupid people. But that's not an excuse to make it confusing on purpose, is it?. :))

I also think we need more unity with this project. Especially when it comes to drivers. If they have the same scope, just choose the best option out there for the user, and use it by default inside Clover. The one with the best "coverage". The most complete one for most users.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining. I think this has been an amazing project for many, many years! And I'm really grateful for everything you guys have achieved. I'm only suggesting a few things to make it even better.

Personally i think clover has become too much of a mess, why not just join forces and all get behind OpenCore ?

• Like 4

I agree. It's been a long time since Clovers inception...

rq1cAe0.png

And Clover has grown hugely in it's ability and popularity. Clover has the user base, familiarity and an installer which will appeal to many so I believe Clover will be around for a long time to come.

Clover has been great for me and like Chameleon, I will support it as long as I can.

But moving on to today, OpenCore does look to be the new daddy on the block with great documentation and works perfectly for me.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 5

Personally I'm all for unity. And I think combining the experience of Clover with the freshness of OpenCore...results might be really interesting. Now, I've heard this many times before: we want to collaborate, but the other guys don't...

That, in my opinion, is not helping anyone. I think the power of a team doesn't consist in the number of its members, but in the quality of each one of them. And I think there are plenty of really good devs out there who can make really incredible things if they were to work together.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

I will support Clover as long as it will be useful for anybody.

@Slice - You have worked hard everyday to develop and support Clover. Your contribution to this community has been exceptional. Thank you :)

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Clover has protection against installing all AptioFix drivers. If AptioMemoryFix presents then others will be ignored.

Yeah, I was talking about protection when selecting them in the installer. You can select all of them there. But I'm guessing the protection you're talking about is when those drivers are actually copied into their locations. So basically in the background. I see... Ok then.

I would also like to thank you very much for supporting this project for so long! I'm sure it hasn't been easy.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 5:16 AM, Slice said:

Clover has protection against installing all AptioFix drivers. If AptioMemoryFix presents then others will be ignored.

Still using it :)

12 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

@Slice I've lost Pointer on Clover GUI with my PS2Trackpad (ELAN) since r4952.

I usually use "\drivers64UEFI\Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi" to make it works with "Mouse: Enabled=true" but now it doesn't.

Thanks.

There was a mistake. Check latest version.

• Thanks 1

Hi

Compile Clover under Catalina/ Xcode 11:) succeded (UDK script 2018). I can compile too after modify from Build_Clover.command :thumbsup_anim: 

But without revision  number. into both case. See below

Capture d’écran 2019-06-21 à 11.54.12.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is out of topic.. 
But i want to ask,, did macOS Mojave and Catalina work fine with VT-D enable and no drop table for it??? I didn't drop DMAR table and i didn't use dart=0 as boot argument. And i still can boot and see AppleVTd in IOREG. Should i disable it?????

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 02.54.38.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross