Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

This is just wrong idea.

All patches in config.plist are os version specific. No need to have different configs.

Or you want to have different GUI themes before choosing an OS?! Christmas for High Sierra and NewYear for Mojave?

Hi guys

I've just updated to 10.14.5 aaand...yeah, that issue with purple horizontal lines on first stage boot is there. Sad times... I'm guessing this is a bug on Apple's side. But I'm curious if anyone else has this issue. And if it's only with RX 580 or any other cards, too.

Edited by arsradu

9 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi guys

I've just updated to 10.14.5 aaand...yeah, that issue with purple horizontal lines on first stage boot is there. Sad times... I'm guessing this is a bug on Apple's side. But I'm curious if anyone else has this issue. And if it's only with RX 580 or any other cards.

Yeah I noticed that during the installation process on my RX 580 and tomorrow I’m gonna update my IvyBridge with R9 270X and let you know if the same issue happens or not.

• Like 1

[mention=1303722]arsradu[/mention]
I just decided to install the update on the Ivy right now and the purple lines are also there <_ i guess there will be once the installation is done>

Well that sucks... so is it an Apple issue...? I haven’t tried the on-board graphics yet. If it occurs with that one too, well, I don’t know what to say anymore...

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Well that sucks... so is it an Apple issue...? I haven’t tried the on-board graphics yet. If it occurs with that one too, well, I don’t know what to say anymore...

Yeah that sucks for sure, not only the flashing issue isn't resolved another issues appears which makes things even worse!

I might never reboot my hack ever again!! :D

Why does the latest official Clover build have integrated exfat driver? It slows down the boot process by unnecessarily scanning my media partition.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, Dr. Hurt said:

Why does the latest official Clover build have integrated exfat driver? It slows down the boot process by unnecessarily scanning my media partition.

May be ebuild.sh changed and I didn't notice the change in 

!ifndef NO_GRUB_DRIVERS
INF  Clover/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/EXFAT.inf	
#INF  Clover/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/NTFS.inf
!endif

Before this I always compiled with the key NO_GRUB_DRIVERS.

I will check next release.

• Like 2

Guys, quick question: does the screenshot feature of Clover work only in the UI, or does it work in verbose mode, as well? Cause that would be really, really cool.

Right now, if you wanna screenshot a specific section of the verbose log, you have to take a picture with your cellphone or something and then mail it to yourself so you can see it on a bigger screen. And it usually comes out crooked and blurry. Which is not something you want, if you're planning on actually using that to debug something.

Just wondering if that would be possible (I'm guessing the answer is probably No, but just asking). :) 

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Guys, quick question: does the screenshot feature of Clover work only in the UI, or does it work in verbose mode, as well? Cause that would be really, really cool.

Right now, if you wanna screenshot a specific section of the verbose log, you have to take a picture with your cellphone or something and then mail it to yourself so you can see it on a bigger screen. And it usually comes out crooked and blurry. Which is not something you want, if you're planning on actually using that to debug something.

Just wondering if that would be possible (I'm guessing the answer is probably No, but just asking). :) 

I'm not sure if such feature exist or not (it probably does not) but I usually take videos of verbose mode which I can then view more clearly and find a certain section in slower playback.

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm not sure if such feature exist or not (it probably does not) but I usually take videos of verbose mode which I can then view more clearly and find a certain section in slower playback.

Yeah, I don't think there is such a thing currently. I was wondering if that would even be possible to implement? Cause I've never seen it anywhere before.

And yeah, when there is fast moving text, I also usually take a video and then play it back frame by frame or in slow motion and such. But when I said blurry, I meant more like not in focus. I can rarely get a perfectly clear picture of the screen, with my phone, even if the text is not moving. The camera just doesn't wanna focus correctly on that text. It looks sharp enough. But when I check out the result, I struggle to understand what the hell is written there. :)) 

So that's why I thought maybe having the screenshot feature available while in verbose mode, would be really useful. :D But as you said, and as I suspect, that's probably not possible, or it would require more work to get it done, and it's just not worth it.

Edited by arsradu

Add me to the list of White Flash and then "Purple Lines" with the RX580 - don't know if it's an Apple issue though because I tried a cheapo Nvidia 710 card and the boot screen is without any anomalies as with the RX580.

19 hours ago, eSaF said:

Add me to the list of White Flash and then "Purple Lines" with the RX580 - don't know if it's an Apple issue though because I tried a cheapo Nvidia 710 card and the boot screen is without any anomalies as with the RX580.

Same here.

ASUS MAXIMUS  X HERO, I7-8700, RX580+UHD630

Edited by msbc

On 5/19/2019 at 12:13 PM, arsradu said:

Nice wishes but it's impossible. When you see verbose text then Clover is out of the events horizon. When kernel took a drive then no our services are posiible.

I may recommend to see NVRAM for variable AAPL,panic-info where the log is written if the hardware nvram is supported.

• Like 2

@Slice

long time no see.

can we consider smcverision 1/2/3? smcversion3 doesn't have REV/EPCI/RBR. 

FakeSMC force inject REV value right? can we just control datahub part to not relate FakeSMC rev?

Edited by Sherlocks

Hi guys,

Just so you know, downloading GNU gettext via the curl command in buildgettext.sh doesn't seem to work anymore. Probably server issues, probably something else. I only wanted to let you guys know about this issue in case you encounter it too.

1244520192_Screenshot2019-05-21at20_20_42.thumb.png.5fd64042185ac4f812af3ec6b8b35ae8.png

Download works fine from their website though. So, as a workaround, I just downloaded the archive manually, renamed it and placed it inside the src/tools/download folder.

Problem solved. :))

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

thanks. i didn't notice it.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Does Clover affect the processor type under the About This Mac? If it is, that's why all 9900K users seeing own processor type as an i7 then.

Does Clover affect the processor type under the About This Mac? If it is, that's why all 9900K users seeing own processor type as an i7 then.
not at all. it'not affect the about this mac.
it is just record for check of smbios model

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

@Slice

long time no see.

can we consider smcverision 1/2/3? smcversion3 doesn't have REV/EPCI/RBR. 

FakeSMC force inject REV value right? can we just control datahub part to not relate FakeSMC rev?

Hi,

May be you are right but older computers need REV. Can you propose a way to distinct when used or not?

I just can propose that injecting redundant value does not influence at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Hi,

May be you are right but older computers need REV. Can you propose a way to distinct when used or not?

I just can propose that injecting redundant value does not influence at all.

here is smc version 3

no key list 
MacBookPro15,1 : REV rBR EPCI
MacBookPro15,2 : REV rBR EPCI
MacBookAir8,1  : REV rBR EPCI
Macmini8,1     : REV rBR EPCI
iMacPro1,1     : REV rBR EPCI

2 hours ago, telepati said:

try this cputype "0x1009"

1 hour ago, telepati said:

Thank you. But correct value is 0x1005. This is from real iMac 19,1.

Hi

Where I can find cputype for core i7 9700k? What smbios is recommanded: Imac19,1! Thanks

I've to build a new hackintosh next week (Asus Prime z390-A, Core i7 9700K, MSI Radeon RX580)