Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Whats Involved In Getting Clover To Detect A DVD?

I Want To Run Snow Leopard On My System

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Whats Involved In Getting Clover To Detect A DVD?

I Want To Run Snow Leopard On My System

GrubISO9660.efi (or VboxIso9660) and GrubUDF.efi depending on your DVD format.

1 hour ago, Alpha22 said:

Question: system information-unknown processor name, using Clover 5157 how to solve

cpu  i5-13600KF

thanks

CPU->Type=0x0605 or some other digits. But 13600 is really unknown for Apple.

or use RestrictEvents.kext with some arguments. Ask authors.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

GrubISO9660.efi (or VboxIso9660) and GrubUDF.efi depending on your DVD format.

CPU->Type=0x0605 or some other digits. But 13600 is really unknown for Apple.

or use RestrictEvents.kext with some arguments. Ask authors.

Where Do I Get Those Files, Clover Used To Have Them But Not Anymore

• Like 1

Doesn't Work

I'll Try Making A Usb Installer

Will Try With GrubUDF.efi

Edit:

Making A Bootable USB From A Snow Leopard Disk Failed

Using The GrubUDF.efi Failed As Well

Edited by STLVNUB

I didn't remember methods to install Snow Leopard. But you can't use GrubUDF.efi for USB because UDF is a file system for DVD. May be you have to fire DVD with this image not USB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slice said:

I didn't remember methods to install Snow Leopard. But you can't use GrubUDF.efi for USB because UDF is a file system for DVD. May be you have to fire DVD with this image not USB.

It Just Doesn't Recognise The DVD

@Slice

I want to use Clover (configured  my Monterey Hack)  to boot Linux distros (installed on a specific hard drive). But several os icons doesn't exist !

How to make a custom XIcon.ccp files: adding os_manjaro, os_endeavour, etc before building a new Clover ? Actually, my custom icons aren't recognized of course.

I Give The Idea Of Running The Snow On My System, Instead I Bought 

A Cheap iMac, Probably 2010 For $50au, Came With A Wired Keyboard

2GB Ram 500GB 7200RPM HDD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice

I want to use Clover (configured  my Monterey Hack)  to boot Linux distros (installed on a specific hard drive). But several os icons doesn't exist !

How to make a custom XIcon.ccp files: adding os_manjaro, os_endeavour, etc before building a new Clover ? Actually, my custom icons aren't recognized of course.

Today I am not at home. If you search the whole project for keyword "ubuntu" then you may see where to add other linuxes.

• Like 1

Hi Slice, I'm getting this error can you check

thanks

Please enter your choice: 1

[CHECK XCODE]

warning: Building targets in manual order is deprecated - check "Parallelize build for command-line builds" in the project editor, or set DISABLE_MANUAL_TARGET_ORDER_BUILD_WARNING in any of the targets in the current build to suppress this warning

note: Target dependency graph (1 target)

Target 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' in project 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' (no dependencies)

2024-04-17 16:29:43.692 xcodebuild[1611:14834] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot11/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-22267/IDEFoundation/Provisioning/Capabilities Infrastructure/IDECapabilityQuerySelection.swift:103

Details:  createItemModels creation requirements should not create capability item model for a capability item model that already exists.

Function: createItemModels(for:itemModelSource:)

Thread:   <_NSMainThread: 0x600003e283c0>{number = 1, name = main}

Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

2024-04-17 16:29:43.692 xcodebuild[1611:14834] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot11/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-22267/IDEFoundation/Provisioning/Capabilities Infrastructure/IDECapabilityQuerySelection.swift:103

Details:  createItemModels creation requirements should not create capability item model for a capability item model that already exists.

Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

2024-04-17 16:29:43.696 xcodebuild[1611:14834] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot11/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-22267/IDEFoundation/Provisioning/Capabilities Infrastructure/IDECapabilityQuerySelection.swift:103

2024-04-17 16:29:43.696 xcodebuild[1611:14834] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot11/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-22267/IDEFoundation/Provisioning/Capabilities Infrastructure/IDECapabilityQuerySelection.swift:103

/Users/fabiom/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/CloverVersion.cpp:9:10: fatal error: 

'../../Version.h' file not found

#include "../../Version.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 error generated.

/Users/fabiom/src/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/CloverConfigPlistValidator.xcodeproj: warning: The macOS deployment target 'MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 10.9, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 10.13 to 14.0.99. (in target 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' from project 'CloverConfigPlistValidator')

** BUILD FAILED **