Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Where I can find cputype for core i7 9700k? What smbios is recommanded: Imac19,1! Thanks

I've to build a new hackintosh next week (Asus Prime z390-A, Core i7 9700K, MSI Radeon RX580)

Since it's an i7, I'm guessing (and this is just me guessing, based on what I read online so far): 0x0705 (?)

Also, I think maybe iMac19,2 might be closer...? The iMac19,2 seems to be an i7 8700k. iMac19,1 seems to be an i9. So..since this is an i7, I'm guessing iMac19,2 might be closer.

However, Clover is already pretty good at getting the correct value for your CPU, so you might not need to enter anything there. And it's only cosmetic anyway.

2 hours ago, telepati said:

Thank you. But correct value is 0x1005. This is from real iMac 19,1.

I looked to dumps of real iMac19,1 and found cpu type = 0x0709

5 hours ago, Slice said:

I looked to dumps of real iMac19,1 and found cpu type = 0x0709

This also dumps from real iMac19,1. You probably know better than me :wink_anim:

ioreg.png.a84d620305fcc28cbd5f2d57bd6ca914.png

Credits; DexterOX

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Where I can find cputype for core i7 9700k? What smbios is recommanded: Imac19,1! Thanks

I've to build a new hackintosh next week (Asus Prime z390-A, Core i7 9700K, MSI Radeon RX580)

I think i7 9700K will be recognized by automatically in 10.14.5.

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, telepati said:

This also dumps from real iMac19,1. You probably know better than me :wink_anim:

Credits; DexterOX

We should tell about CPU not MacModel.

I saw iMac19,1 with i7-8700.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, telepati said:

ioreg.png.a84d620305fcc28cbd5f2d57bd6ca914.png

Credits; DexterOX

Thanks.

As @Slice, I saw Imac19,2 with i7-8700 in everyman.com site. But there is also IMac19,1 for i5-9600K. So what SMBIOS is good for i7-9700K in config.plist?

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-3.2-21-inch-aluminum-retina-4k-early-2019-specs.html

Everymac.com:

"The iMac "Core i9" 3.6 27-Inch Aluminum (Retina 5K, 2019/Coffee Lake) technically is a "configure-to-order" configuration of the iMac "Core i5" 3.1 27-Inch (5K, 2019) or iMac "Core i5" 3.7 27-Inch (5K, 2019)"

I need to see DMI dumps from models with other CPU

iMac "Core i3" 3.6 21.5-Inch (4K, Early 2019) or iMac "Core i5" 3.0 21.5-Inch (4K, Early 2019), 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, apianti said:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... You missed my point, it is not reading the EFI entries. It is reading the BCD from the registry, which was populated with firmware entries by bootmgfw.efi on boot. If I go into the registry and look at the BCD I have firmware entries there, yet none of them are displayed in bcdedit /enum all. Also as I said it can create one entry {bootmgr}, I'm pretty sure what you describe in the other topic is a bug (just like the enumeration one I am saying there is) not to mention that yes it includes the option data which can cause undefined behavior in whatever you created when launched... If it was able to create actual entries then you would be able to add an entry that is simply a firmware application, you cannot do this. The only way to edit EFI entries is to use the windows API. Windows applications and drivers can't even read or write nvram variables without a special certificate from microsoft (that you must request and provide reasons why you need to use nvram), and additionally being signed, having two special attributes, being run as an administrator or the system and that user has to have a special privilege. What you have described is actually an easy way for a rootkit to be installed, which completely defeats the purpose of all their restrictions on nvram access.

I use EasyBCD to edit/add/reorder Windows boot entries and EasyEFI to edit/add/reorder NVRAM boot entries. I try not to mess with the windows boot entry because either the firmware or Windows wants it to exist a certain way but I can change the order of the entries at least.

22 hours ago, Funky frank said:

Which software is this?

That image is from DarwinDumper.

And to answer Badruzeus' question, DarwinDumper adds the name of the Loader to the dump by identifying known bytes in the MBR. If you see Unknown then that just simply means the code is not known by DarwinDumper rather than there being anything necessarily wrong with your MBR. 

DarwinDumper is old now and mostly out of date, better to see newer program's like headkaze's Hackintool and the Acidanthera repo for newer code for various tools

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, blackosx said:

That image is from DarwinDumper.

Which is also your "baby". :)

DarwinDumper is old now and mostly out of date

It's also one of the best tools I've ever used. You should be proud of it. :) 

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

smc v3.

i have to remove rev and commented rev key in datahub.

fakesmc write rev key and clover overwrite rev key from platformdata.

136462451_2019-05-319_55_09.png.71ee36629b5dac174afcfa522f501ecf.png

we need to think idea.. i think if we can control with non-touched fakesmc, will be better

Edited by Sherlocks

REV key is model specific. As we can change model in Clover then Clover should set the key and override previous defined key.

yes. can clover remove previous defined rev key if i use mbp15,1?

we just disable rev in datahub, still alive rev. because fakesmc write rev 1.33f?.

so we override disable key or remove 1.33f?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hi

I can't restart or shutdown on my new Hack (Asus Prime Z390-A, i7 9700K) with Clover r4937. Does anybody know why?

Sorry if this issue is Off-Topic

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

yes. can clover remove previous defined rev key if i use mbp15,1?

we just disable rev in datahub, still alive rev. because fakesmc write rev 1.33f?.

so we override disable key or remove 1.33f?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

We should erase the key from FakeSMC. Let it be always from Clover present or not to be depend on Model.

14 hours ago, telepati said:

On clover boot screen I am pressing F4 and boot screen freezes. I can't make a boot, I must force reset from the case. I am using v4934. Does anybody know why this happening?  

Looks like your ACPI has some difficulties for Clover. Provide, please, debug.log to see the moment of the stop.

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I can't restart or shutdown on my new Hack (Asus Prime Z390-A, i7 9700K) with Clover r4937. Does anybody know why?

It is surely on-topic.

There was several changes in Clover concerning CoffeeLake CPU. You should search what is the key.

First I will propose to set manually

CPU->Type = 0x0705

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, telepati said:

On clover boot screen I am pressing F4 and boot screen freezes. I can't make a boot, I must force reset from the case. I am using v4934. Does anybody know why this happening?

Running 4934 here. Aaand..no issues getting the ACPI tables on my side. So, as Slice mentioned, it's most likely something specific for your case. :)

Just wanted to share my own results, so you don't think it's a general issue with this version. Cause it doesn't look like it.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

We should erase the key from FakeSMC. Let it be always from Clover present or not to be depend on Model.

Looks like your ACPI has some difficulties for Clover. Provide, please, debug.log to see the moment of the stop.

It is surely on-topic.

There was several changes in Clover concerning CoffeeLake CPU. You should search what is the key.

CPU->Type = 0x0705

Thanks @Slice

Where should I set CPU>Type in config.plist

PS: I remove kexts one by one, and now I can reboot or shutdown correctly. If issue remains again, I post debug.log

Edited by Matgen84

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

It's all about broken NVRAM on Z390. Add EmuVariableUefi.efi in Drivers64UEFI and restart/shutdown will work.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.zip 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Slice said:

It is surely on-topic.

CPU->Type = 0x0705

I use CPU->Type = 0x0705, can't reboot or shutdown (SMBIOS Imac19,1 and Imac19,2).

Debug.log attached

Config:

Asus Prime Z390-A

i7 9700K

MSI Radeon RX580

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 2x8Go

debug.log

On 6/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, Matgen84 said:

I use CPU->Type = 0x0705, can't reboot or shutdown (SMBIOS Imac19,1 and Imac19,2).

Debug.log attached

Config:

Asus Prime Z390-A

i7 9700K

MSI Radeon RX580

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 2x8Go

debug.log

In vain you did not do as Vandroiy2012 told you. "Install EmuVariableUefi"

You said that you use AptioMemoryFix but this is not enough!

Chipset 390 has no support for real NVRAM even with AptioMemoryFix. You have to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

• Like 3