Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, Moorre said:

Hi! Just booted ok with HD7770 into HS. ROM Version is ok, but Release Date isnt.

If its not too much trouble could you post your efi folder

Some guy in another thread is having problems with his 7770

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moorre said:

What kind of problems? I have no trouble, just Lilu + WEG (latest) and radpg=15 bootarg.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323184-guide-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-on-intel-lga-775-motherboards-dsdt/?do=findComment&comment=2642783

Maybe you can help him out

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, bluemaP1E said:

After upgrade to r4729, i got garbled text on the clover GUI.

Is it a bug or what parameters need to be modified in config.plist?

Yes, already reported here and also here.

Seems a bug, give the devs enough time to fix it.. or rollback to prev. Clover rev. 

• Like 1

Couple of questions about Clover.

I finally updated to Mojave from 10.13.1, installed new version of Clover and also redid my config.plist. There were some options in Config.plist I didn't found any explanation.

On SMBIOS EfiVersion, Memory, Slots. Are these something that should be used?

About i7-7700k and HD 630. I've tried to find what/why FakeID 0x59128086 and disablegfxfirmware but I haven't found any explanation about these. I mean I know what FakeID does in Clover, but why do we have to use it with HD 630?

Also one thing I've always wondered about Clover. For example on Config.plist Devices > LANInjection. It is set as NO by default. Can I delete uncommented default values that are set as NO, or could it be that Clover then uses default TRUE value if it's missing in Config.plist?

Edited by Amble

I know this is an odd thing, but my Logitech mouse, which is connected to a KVM, has started working again after updating to 4741. I haven’t done anything else config wise, but now all the buttons work and the Logitech Control Center software recognizes the mouse again. It had stopped working a few clover versions back.

I'm sure this has something to do with USB port recognition.

• Like 1

can someone please tell me the use of apfsdriverloader.efi?

In the past, I manually copy apfs.efi to the clover drivers folder. Not sure how apfsdriverloader would affect this.

thank you.

You only need APFSDriverLoader, apfs is no longer needed as long your using APFS file system. Do not use both together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the past, I manually copy apfs.efi to the clover drivers folder. Not sure how apfsdriverloader would affect this.

thank you.

You only need APFSDriverLoader, apfs is no longer needed as long your using APFS file system. Do not use both together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

thank you.

apfsdriverloader.efi  replace apfs.efi in kexts folder. If you want to use it, delete apfs.efi and install this file with Clover package Installer.

• Like 2

Stupid question about Clover. If there is a option set as 'NO' in default Clover Config.plist, can it be deleted? Or could Clover assume that something is 'YES' if it is missing on Config.plist? I would like to delete all options in plist that I've set as 'NO' for simplicity.

Edited by Amble