Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

in my case, i don't use _xcpm_idle patch with KernelPM option.

also i don't want to force enable HWP option in Clover.

just enable HWP in vectordata enough for my system.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hi Sherlocks,

Nice to meet you too nowadays. :)

Well, no, _xcpm_idle patch must be a part of KernelPm just as its name shows - XCPM. Plus it will not only affect HWP. No idea why it has been missing for years, but anyway, we are supposed to add it now...

By the way, regarding HWP on iMac Pro, I don't know if FORCING enable it does benefit anything, but I guess it's better to avoid such things on desktop, there must be some negative influences, that's probably also why Apple has not enabled it up till now... (Yes, HWP only for MacBooks, at least for now)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hi Sherlocks,

Nice to meet you too nowadays. :)

Well, no, _xcpm_idle patch must be a part of KernelPm just as its name shows - XCPM. Plus it will not only affect HWP. No idea why it has been missing for years, but anyway, we are supposed to add it now...

By the way, regarding HWP on iMac Pro, I don't know if FORCING enable it does benefit anything, but I guess it's better to avoid such things on desktop, there must be some negative influences, that's probably also why Apple has not enabled it up till now... (Yes, HWP only for MacBooks, at least for now)

HWP obviously is also fully enabled on recent Desktops like the iMac Pro and has been proven to work flawless even without additional XCPM support also on our respective hacks. However, as HWP and XCPM also operate on a real iMac Pro in harmony, we successfully use the same approach on our hacks. Now Skylake-X CPUs are not identical with XEONs employed in a real iMacPro, but proven to be fully compatible in any case. Our Skylake-X CPUs and X299 systems absolutely behave as expected, apart from a few minor exceptions described in my former reply. 

However, following the recent statement of @SliceMSR770 seems to become equal to zero on wake on our respective hacks because of yet unknown reason. I don't think that HWP is intended to be disabled after wake from sleep on real iMac Pro systems. This would not comply with any logics, rather seems to be a particular issue only observed on our hacks and indeed would require some quite urgent solution.

BTW.. You do not have to force HWP on Skylake-X/X299 with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. It just works OoB, once enabled in the BIOS. The issue we are talking about is that HWP seems to get disabled on wake, if latest observations reported by Slice are also correct and valid  in case of Skylake-X. Thus what seems necessary is to force MSR770 to be 1 even after wake from sleep. 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

4 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

HWP obviously is also fully enabled on recent Desktops like the iMac Pro and has been proven to work flawless even without additional XCPM support also on our respective hacks. However, as HWP and XCPM also operate on a real iMac Pro in harmony, we successfully use the same approach on our hacks. Now Skylake-X CPUs are not identical with XEONs employed in a real iMacPro, but proven to be fully compatible in any case. Our Skylake-X CPUs and X299 systems absolutely behave as expected, apart from a few minor exceptions described in my former reply. 

However, following the recent statement of @SliceMSR770 seems to become equal to zero on wake on our respective hacks because of yet unknown reason. I don't think that HWP is intended to be disabled after wake from sleep on real iMac Pro systems. This would not comply with any logics, rather seems to be a particular issue only observed on our hacks and indeed would require some quite urgent solution.

Obviously not if you do check /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.plist carefully. :P

Lacking of "hwp" and "epp" power features and so on means that HWP is disabled (0).

Well, yes, I do not think that HWP is even supposed to be enabled on any desktop according to Apple's settings like mentioned above.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Obviously not if you do check /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.plist carefully. :P

Lacking of "hwp" and "epp" power features and so on means that HWP is disabled (0).

Well, yes, I do not think that HWP is even supposed to be enabled on any desktop according to Apple's settings like mentioned above.

And why does a Skylake-X CPU shows proper CPU power management, behaviour and performance with XCPM totally deconfigured or even disabled but Intel SpeedShift technology enabled in BIOS? That's how we used this CPU initially, before enabling any XCPM support in addition. XCPM does basically not change anything on the general Skylake-X behaviour and performance, when used in addition.  

I guess Slice already provided the answer..  

BTW.. you can even change the HWP performance of Skylake-X with terminal commands or with a respective HWPValue in section CPU of Clover configurator. Carefully tested and approved by myself and respective users. 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

On 10/15/2018 at 8:55 AM, Moorre said:

Maybe it can. Click.

Can you see at my screenshots $IBIOSI$ click and no EFI Version.

1600176331_2018-06-059_11_20.png.07c6ce53b96eb55a0e1158c7a0f00ef1.png.f7b8bbbe63ac76b722068b9aa58b40fa.png

0089 is the same.

But from EFI Version 138.0.0.0.0 a BIOS has more lines click:

983110840_2018-10-113_02_38.png.db5ed477bcc0de613b77cdcc682103d3.png.88abee17d512f3b16a080eb13bfcbecf.png

I attached ver 138.0.0.0.0 if you want to search with UEFITool. Try plz.

MP51.fd.zip

hi @Moorre

here is test file.

can you test install HS with 140.0.0.0.0? now test clover automatically use 140.0.0.0.0. just i wonder 140.0.0.0.0 can use or not in older macos.

if can't use it, we consider older macos case.

thanks in advance

anyone who can install fresh Mojave with test clover file?

i want to clear between 220.200.252.0.0 and 16.16.375.0.0,0 for installation mojave.

try each 220.200.252.0.0 or 16.16.375.0.0,0 in config. then please tell me result. i don't have a time for test :cry:

test.zip

Edited by Sherlocks

Hi Sherlocks,

Did you propose to add every macOS build version into Clover?

+              (AsciiStrStr(Entry->BuildVersion, "17G2112") || AsciiStrStr(Entry->BuildVersion, "17G2208") ||

May be there is a check somewhere else?

Hi Sherlocks, Did you propose to add every macOS build version into Clover?

+              (AsciiStrStr(Entry->BuildVersion, "17G2112") || AsciiStrStr(Entry->BuildVersion, "17G2208") ||

May be there is a check somewhere else?

yes right. latest HS 10.13.6 build for MBP15,x.apple divided HS image for MBP15,x. so just added. old image(G2112, factory) and latest image. if you want to left only latest build, remove it

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi @Moorre

here is test file.

can you test install HS with 140.0.0.0.0? now test clover automatically use 140.0.0.0.0. just i wonder 140.0.0.0.0 can use or not in older macos.

if can't use it, we consider older macos case.

thanks in advance

test.zip

Hi! Just booted ok with HD7770 into HS. ROM Version is ok, but Release Date isnt.

screenshot8.thumb.png.5c1ef01dba88ea2d5b9d038e21dadc38.png

Hardware Overview prints ok: Boot ROM version 140.0.0.0.0 and Mojave installer 10.14.0 seems to be happy:

495035178_2018-10-1709_45_30.thumb.png.a6f1c5830785f6830116c68401047b29.png

BIOS Information
	Vendor: Apple Inc.
	Version: 140.0.0.0.0
	Release Date: 39/.B/0
	ROM Size: 2048 kB

I have no time to test Mojave installation now, but seems to be ok.

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

i want to clear between 220.200.252.0.0 and 16.16.375.0.0,0 for installation mojave.

try each 220.200.252.0.0 or 16.16.375.0.0,0 in config. then please tell me result. i don't have a time for test :cry:

I cant understand what means

220.200.252.0.0 and 16.16.375.0.0,0

and where it should be located.

and where it should be located.
thank you for testing. i knew releasedate issue. its complicate now. if you not input biosversion, you can see correct releasedate. i'm not perfectly consider releasedate. i will resolve it for all cases.

3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

yes right. latest HS 10.13.6 build for MBP15,x.apple divided HS image for MBP15,x. so just added. old image(G2112, factory) and latest image. if you want to left only latest build, remove it

If you propose the build will not change then let it be.

Otherwise I may propose to check

AsciiStrStr(Entry->BuildVersion, "17G2")

or just check SMBIOS model for MBP15

• Like 1

Hi

I want to use clover's KextsToPatch's InfoPlistPatch feature.

Lets say i need to change a device id. Which of the following is correct format?

do i need to include "<string>" to convert it into base64

<string>xxxxxxxx,xxx</string>

or without

xxxxxxx,xxxx

?

Edited by ellaosx

Both are ok. I prefer shorter

Hi
Lets say i need to change a device id. Which of the following is correct format?

do i need to include "" to convert it into base64
xxxxxxxx,xxx

or without

xxxxxxx,xxxx

?

18 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Both are ok. I prefer shorter

Thanks for the reply @MICKHAEL

To follow up...

Others are replacing the device id via InfoPlistPatch so kext would load. My plan is the opposite though. Id like to remove a device id inside the plist so the kext wont load.

So...

FIND:  xxxx:1111

REPLACE: xxx:0000

Will work?

Edited by ellaosx

I think the need to replace the same amount of symbols.

Thanks for the reply [mention=594753]MICKHAEL[/mention]
To follow up...
Others are replacing the device id via InfoPlistPatch so kext would load. My plan is the opposite though. Id like to remove a device id inside the plist so the kext wont load.
So...
FIND:  xxxx:1111
REPLACE: xxx:0000
Will work?

6 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hi

do i need to include "<string>" to convert it into base64

<string>xxxxxxxx,xxx</string>

or without

xxxxxxx,xxxx

?

It is better not use Clover for such operation. Use FakeID or DeviceProperties or Legacy.kext or Disabler.kext

On 10/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, arimuras said:

ApfsDriverLoader.efi

APFS Format Fusion Drive Support ?

Clover Scan Entries stuck

Not boot

Manualy add apfs.efi

Boot Ok

---

Mojave 10.14.0

Clover 4705

ApfsDriverLoader AppleSupport v2.0.4

I run into the same problem and it seems to be a nasty bug. I couldn't get further than the "Scan Entries" message from Clover unless I disabled either of the two drivers part of the Fusion Drive in BIOS.

I eventually blanked the disks with Linux and reinstalled Mojave. All went well, but once I restored my backup I run into the same issue again and couldn't get past the "Scan Entries" message.

Then I tried the same but restoring the backup in parts—first, system and network settings, and all other files and folders. Everything went well and the operating system restarted without issues. Then I restored applications and my own user account (about 1TB of data), and went back at not being able to boot the operating system. Maybe the issue is related to the amount of data in the Fusion Drive?

Replacing ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi with the native driver found at /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi solves the issue.

Thanks, arimuras!

19 minutes ago, unsleepable said:

I run into the same problem and it seems to be a nasty bug. I couldn't get further than the "Scan Entries" message from Clover unless I disabled either of the two drivers part of the Fusion Drive in BIOS.

I eventually blanked the disks with Linux and reinstalled Mojave. All went well, but once I restored my backup I run into the same issue again and couldn't get past the "Scan Entries" message.

Then I tried the same but restoring the backup in parts—first, system and network settings, and all other files and folders. Everything went well and the operating system restarted without issues. Then I restored applications and my own user account (about 1TB of data), and went back at not being able to boot the operating system. Maybe the issue is related to the amount of data in the Fusion Drive?

Replacing ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi with the native driver found at /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi solves the issue.

Thanks, arimuras!

Would be nice if you make a dump of ApfsDriverLoader on fusion drive. If you need help, you can PM me

• Like 3

I'm trying to get a HD5450 running on my X79 running Sierra and Clover 4706 but FakeID isn't injecting the ID. I've checked the wiki and it looks like I have everything entered correctly (Devices section with ATI subsection and ATI=0x68E01002 and Inject=Yes) but the IOReg still shows the hardware device ID and not my fake one. There's also no mention of FakeID in the bdmesg output.

If I look in the Graphics Injector section of the Clover menu everything looks correct (including the Fake ID) but it's not getting applied.

Update: built Clover 4719 and no change.

Edited by Riley Freeman

17 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

I'm trying to get a HD5450 running on my X79 running Sierra and Clover 4706 but FakeID isn't injecting the ID. I've checked the wiki and it looks like I have everything entered correctly (Devices section with ATI subsection and ATI=0x68E01002 and Inject=Yes) but the IOReg still shows the hardware device ID and not my fake one. There's also no mention of FakeID in the bdmesg output.

If I look in the Graphics Injector section of the Clover menu everything looks correct (including the Fake ID) but it's not getting applied.

Update: built Clover 4719 and no change.

I have tree 5450 but not using for lots of month du to Mojave compatibility 

I always setup framebufer = Cedar for maiking sleep  working maybe that Help you ?

Edited by chris1111
EDIT Help you

58 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I have tree 5450 but not using for lots of month du to Mojave compatibility 

I always setup framebufer = Cedar for maiking sleep  working maybe that Hell you ?

Setting the framebuffer would be the next step (although Clover defaults to Eulemur) but first I need the Fake ID to be injected. Without this the card doesn't load any drivers.

For now I'm doing it via DSDT but I'd prefer to just use Clover's Fake ID. Just wondering if it's broken for anyone else or if there's been some change.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:14 AM, ellaosx said:

Oh im sorry. i meant:

<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>

and

<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixRegions</key>
				<true/>
			</dict> 

will this give me the same result?

Consult! I have in my config.plist the first Fix and everithing work ok, but if I make a modification with Clover Configuration this change to FixRegions=true and I can't boot macOS, what changes I have to do to resolve this issue?