Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

941775925_ScreenShot1.png.676813a70b05786d296d934cbf095994.png

Sorry guys, but wasn't that suggested for clearing doubts about which drivers choose during installation?

FV-UEFI Drivers was the intent..  i guess

anyway thx for doing it

Edited by LAbyOne

[mention=112217]Slice[/mention]
What is AppleImageLoader for if its not mandatory? Is it part of FV too?
read here
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/blob/master/README.md

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

941775925_ScreenShot1.png.676813a70b05786d296d934cbf095994.png

Sorry guys, but wasn't that suggested for clearing doubts about which drivers choose during installation?
FV-UEFI Drivers was the intent..  i guess
anyway thx for doing it
i found it. i will change it

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

I have read that. but still, is it part of FV or partner of ApfsDriverLoder that they must exist together?

i saw that

AppleImageLoader -> osxfatbinary driver replacement

AppleUISupport(AIO) -> Old FV2 drivers replacement

ApfsDriverLoader -> loading original apfs driver without manually adding and checking latest apfs file when update macOS

anyone who check package in english?

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

AppleImageLoader -> osxfatbinary driver replacement

Ahh, i didn't know this. :)

Because the last time i asked, it was still under developement.

So its ok to replace osxfatbinary with appleimageloader now?

Thanks!

Edited by ellaosx

Ahh, i didn't know this.
Because the last time i asked, it was still under developement.
So its ok to replace osxfatbinary with appleimageloader now?

Thanks!

not yet. appleimageloader need more development to replace osxfatbinary. i checked this result. i recommend you use appleimageloader and osxfatbinary until complete appleimageloader. hope wait and appreciate to savvass for hard work

44 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

AppleUISupport(AIO) -> Old FV2 drivers replacement

are we still need AppleUISupport if we don't use FV2? I think it is in the release notes AppleImageLoader and AppleUISupport must be used together is that right?

are we still need AppleUISupport if we don't use FV2? I think it is in the release notes AppleImageLoader and AppleUISupport must be used together is that right?

actually no need both for boot if you don't need FV2. if you use FV2, not sure that must be use both. because i can't test FV2 by myself.

anyway in readme, AppleImageloader doesn't have FileVault word. mentioned only Fat word.

i think AppleUISupport is only for FV2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

actually no need both for boot if you don't need FV2. if you use FV2, not sure that must be use both. because i can't test FV2 by myself.

anyway in readme, AppleImageloader doesn't have FileVault word. mentioned only Fat word.

i think AppleUISupport is only for FV2

You're right about AppleUiSupport. It implements FileVault support and replaces AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi, AppleEvent.efi, AppleUiTheme.efi, FirmwareVolume.efi, AppleImageCodec.efi. (Readme.md from repo AppleSupportPkg) 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

Hi

I don't understand well commit r4692: VirtualSMC support: checkout and compilation (XCODE5 only ATM)

I don't have virtualsmc-64.efi when I use my build script with Xcode 10. Tell me why, please.

Sorry if this comment is off-topic

Thanks folks,

This is what I have now and both Sierra (10.12.6) and Mojave (10.41.1) boot just fine...

1734137962_ScreenShot2018-10-03at06_49_56.png.6255a75e6237960679f414375ffa994e.png

Now I just need to verify if I need SMCHelper-64.efi after checking my Kexts but I am almost certain I use the Kozlek one built with HWMonitor.

EDIT: Using either FakeSMC.kext (Slice or Kozlek) and with SMCHelper-64.efi present I get this is my Config.plst...

575873765_ScreenShot2018-10-03at23_02_06.png.b5628095c926d95713413687fd66f9b4.png

Removing SMCHelper-64.efi and with the Kozlek FakeSMC.kext I get this...

1847728854_ScreenShot2018-10-03at23_02_38.png.92c93ec63fe6c9be14e7287d6ae309df.png

So it would appear SMCHelper-64.efi is having an effect with that version of FakeSMC.kext loaded?

Edited by D-an-W
  • Like 1

@Slice

i install osx ubuntu and windows on same disk in uefi mode but after installing ubuntu my clover bootloader entries  from bios also force boot to grub bootloader how to fix this.

No matter what entry i choose from boot menu it always boot to grub and from them i can only boot to windows or ubuntu but cant find clover.

how to fix this issue??

pls help me

1 hour ago, Faradis said:

@Slice

i install osx ubuntu and windows on same disk in uefi mode but after installing ubuntu my clover bootloader entries  from bios also force boot to grub bootloader how to fix this.

No matter what entry i choose from boot menu it always boot to grub and from them i can only boot to windows or ubuntu but cant find clover.

how to fix this issue??

pls help me

Boot into Windows. Download EasyUEFI, and create new boot entries for Clover and Windows. Choose the EFI boot loader for each OS located in their folder in the EFI folder of the EFI partition. The BootX64.efi is the default loader. Compare it (file size) with the Ubuntu or other loaders to see which one it is. You can replace it with the Clover or Windows efi boot loader.

Hi all I have a hackintosh with a small problem, my problem is that the video card is not seen totally it is a nvidia gtx960.

I have installed the High sierra 10.13.15 system but if I activate the webdriver the hackintos will restart if instead I put in clover "nv_disable = 1" then it starts seeing a nvidia gtx 960 with 0 mb of ram.

I tried to uninstall the webdriver and install the cuda drivers but the problem remains and I do not know how to configure clover to start the system correctly without going into the loop.

thank you all

Edited by daltanious78

Hi all I have a hackintosh with a small problem, my problem is that the video card is not seen totally it is a nvidia gtx960.
I have installed the High sierra 10.13.15 system but if I activate the webdriver the hackintos will restart if instead I put in clover "nv_disable = 1" then it starts seeing a nvidia gtx 960 with 0 mb of ram.
I tried to uninstall the webdriver and install the cuda drivers but the problem remains and I do not know how to configure clover to start the system correctly without going into the loop.
thank you all

Do you have nvidia_web in config.plist?
Not sure if exact name but hopefully that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, at this link you can find my clover folder and related configurations.

As you can see there are three plist files but I use the config.plist file as the main configuration and as you can see the webdrivers are selected.

Thanks for all your help

Link Clover: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cx7cgzv5me3b0i/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Hi

Is there a way to use the ACPI patcher to delete device/scope from dsdt?

for example

delete this from DSDT

Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.HS04)
    {
        Method (_UPC, 0, Serialized)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
        {
            If (!PRTE (_ADR))
            {
                Return (UPCN) /* \_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.UPCN */
            }

Return (UPC3) /* \_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.UPC3 */
        }

Method (_PLD, 0, Serialized)  // _PLD: Physical Location of Device
        {
            Return (PLD4) /* \_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.PLD4 */
        }
    }

Thanks

Edited by WinstonAce

1 hour ago, daltanious78 said:

Hello everyone, at this link you can find my clover folder and related configurations.

As you can see there are three plist files but I use the config.plist file as the main configuration and as you can see the webdrivers are selected.

Thanks for all your help

Link Clover: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cx7cgzv5me3b0i/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Try to put <FALSE> Inject Nvidia in config.plist. You can remove nvda_drv=1 if necessary.

Use latest whatevergreen instead of nvidiagraphicfixUp. Verify if your lilu.kext and all others kexts are up to date: you have Lilu 1.2.6 (latest is 1.2.7)

Now you can remove -lilubetaall in boot-args, I think.

Edited by Matgen84

# check if target volume is APFS, and therefore part of an APFS container
if [[ "$(echo $(LC_ALL=C diskutil list "$DiskDevice" | grep -i 'APFS Container Scheme' | \
          awk '{print tolower($0)}'))" == *"apfs container scheme"* ]]; then
    # ok, this disk is an APFS partition, extract physical store device
realStore=$(diskutil list "$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | grep -ow "Physical Store.")
if [ "$realStore" = "Physical Store" ]; then
realDisk=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil list "$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | \
       sed -n 's/.*Physical Store *//p')
    echo Target volume "$1" on "$DiskDevice" is APFS on physical store "$realDisk"
    DiskDevice=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$realDisk" 2>/dev/null | \
        sed -n 's/.*Part [oO]f Whole: *//p')
else
realDisk=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil list "$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | \
sed -n 's/.*Physical Stores *//p' | sed -n 's/,.*//p')
echo Target volume "$1" on "$DiskDevice" is APFS on physical store "$realDisk"
DiskDevice=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$realDisk" 2>/dev/null | \
sed -n 's/.*Part [oO]f Whole: *//p')
fi
fi

Probably not the cleanest way to do this, but I modified the MountESP with the code above to deal with APFS fusion drives.  Mounts the ESP partition and installs correctly.

EDIT: cleaned up code a little bit.  Should work on a non fusion drive system, but untested.

Edited by vonmolk